Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just cancelled my Sky package 10:17 - Aug 28 with 8190 viewsclive_baker

Probably a bit reactionist on my part, and certainly I don't believe they're responsible for mis-managing lower league football clubs, or the inability of the football league to take steps to determine a prospective football club owner to be appropriate, but I don't fancy lining the pocket of that organisation any longer. I might feel differently if we were where Leicester (or dare I say Norwich) are, and had had the past few years they have, although I would like to think i wouldn't. Frankly, I'm falling out of love with the top level of a sport that I've been nothing short of obsessed with since I could comprehend what it was, and that really saddens me. I still love football, but I passionately hate the industry. It's utterly grotesque and I find myself increasingly having little care about the Premier League.

The 'countdown clock' yesterday was in such poor taste. We're talking about the extinction of 2 of the countries oldest football clubs, losing that history, over a century of it, 150 people losing their jobs at Bury, players unpaid (and at a level that more than likely can't afford it), fans memories of trips to the terraces with family members, priceless moments, even some buried ashes I read yesterday. And Sky Sports report on it with a countdown clock and Jim White and his crew looking delighted at the prospect of the drama that was unfolding. They're never getting another penny of my money.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:21 - Aug 28 with 4082 viewssixtouchfootball

The clock on SSN yesterday was very poor taste. It has made question whether or not to cancel.
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:23 - Aug 28 with 4053 viewsFixed_It

I didn't realise they had a 'countdown clock', but somehow it doesn't surprise me. Whether they are directly responsible or not, they have blood on their hands. They are killing the game, but they just don't see it.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:24 - Aug 28 with 4042 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've never been bothered about seeing Town back in the Prem.

But most on here are desperate for it, and all that it brings.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:27 - Aug 28 with 4011 viewsMetal_Hacker

I’m fuming listening to TalkSPORT this morning as I drove around Yorkshire attending meetings

I’d shake your hand if I could for cancelling Sky

Perhaps if a huge number of customers did exactly the same or at least cancel their sports package people could possibly sit up and take notice

Poll: If it were one or the other

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:29 - Aug 28 with 3989 viewsFixed_It

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:24 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

I actually fear that promotion to the Prem would potentially be beginning of the end, not the end of all our woes. Short-term gain; long-term pain.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:30 - Aug 28 with 3982 viewsMetal_Hacker

You know what , after the past few seasons and most defiantly the past few days , I have to agree

I wouldn’t want it happening

Poll: If it were one or the other

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:32 - Aug 28 with 3953 viewsKeaneish

Fair play. I took that stance several seasons ago too. Can't abide the circus spearheaded by that parasite, Jim White. There's definitely more of a momentum behind stances like this and i'm hoping the tragic news about Bury and likely Bolton provokes some kind of longer term reform or restructuring - football is out of control exacerbated by medians like Sky.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:34 - Aug 28 with 3929 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:30 - Aug 28 by Metal_Hacker

You know what , after the past few seasons and most defiantly the past few days , I have to agree

I wouldn’t want it happening

....but like all clubs, the cash would be useful.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:37 - Aug 28 with 3898 viewsTrumptonBlue

Never had Sky, never will. It was clear that this is the way things would eventually go back in 1992.
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:38 - Aug 28 with 3897 viewsBloomBlue

It's the only way you'll change things, the customer is key.

Like all this moaning about racism on Twitter if all professional footballers started a campaign and came off twitter and encouraged everyone else to come off it until Twitter implemented technology to prevent it, Twitter would soon act because without customers they wont have a business.
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:39 - Aug 28 with 3866 viewsLanky

The right decision. The root cause of most of the issues in modern day football lay with them.
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:46 - Aug 28 with 3810 viewsSwansea_Blue

I cancelled mine yonks ago. Don't miss it in the slightest. It might be different if I didn't watch so much football live, but i didn't have the time to watch much on TV anyway.

The clincher for me was more about Murdoch and then time/value.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:51 - Aug 28 with 3761 viewsMVBlue

Nice one. Surprised they didn’t make it hard for you.

Join me on BT sport where mid week champions league is great.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:55 - Aug 28 with 3719 viewsIpswichKnight

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:51 - Aug 28 by MVBlue

Couldn't give a stuff about the champions league, I cancelled my BT subscription over a year ago as I just don't watch any of there content plus also means not contributing to Jake Humphries wages!

Won't cancel sky as I need the cricket in my life, I've not watched sky sports news at home for nearly 2 years now I think only time I do is when it's on in the gym.
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:58 - Aug 28 with 3703 viewsSporall

Jim White is a pr*ck.

And wholeheartedly agree with the rest of your post.
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:58 - Aug 28 with 3697 viewsGooders7592

I understand where you're coming from as you'll support ITFC either way, but surely getting to the Prem would mean ITFC have been successful?

I'd love to see us back in the Prem and mixing with the 'big boys'.
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:14 - Aug 28 with 3624 viewsclive_baker

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:51 - Aug 28 by MVBlue

It did take half an hour on the phone but to be fair it wasn't too painful. I just said I was moving house and my new property was listed and therefore not allowed a dish due to listed building constraints. It's not true, but my parents house is and that's why they can't ever have SKY so I thought they couldn't have too much objection to that.

I won't be getting BT Sport though, I'm going to stay well clear of funding the circus that is top filght football. It can continue to disappear up it's own ass by all means, but I won't be the one funding it.

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:16 - Aug 28 with 3603 viewsBent_double

I haven't had Sky for about 15 years, if I want to watch a PL game, which I rarely do, I'll pop down a local pub and give them the money in return for a few beers whilst watching it there.

Unfortunately, it seems that the next PL contract will be even bigger with the likes of Amazon, Netflix etc joining in the bidding.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:29 - Aug 28 with 3517 viewsTommyparker

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:14 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

It did take half an hour on the phone but to be fair it wasn't too painful. I just said I was moving house and my new property was listed and therefore not allowed a dish due to listed building constraints. It's not true, but my parents house is and that's why they can't ever have SKY so I thought they couldn't have too much objection to that.

I won't be getting BT Sport though, I'm going to stay well clear of funding the circus that is top filght football. It can continue to disappear up it's own ass by all means, but I won't be the one funding it.

The value of the Premier League's overseas rights for 2019-2022 has risen by 35 per cent to 4.35 billion.
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:35 - Aug 28 with 3470 viewsFixed_It

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 10:34 - Aug 28 by Marshalls_Mullet

....but like all clubs, the cash would be useful.

Yes - and then the silly contracts, the silly transfers, the inevitable relegation, and the subsequent fallout - with the soul going out of the Club in the process. I'm not convinced...

Ready! Steady! Cook!

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:39 - Aug 28 with 3448 viewsflimflam

I have been Rupert free for 3 yrs now.

Crook.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:42 - Aug 28 with 3424 viewsOsborneOneNil

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:14 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

Just curious, will you watch Match of the Day?
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:45 - Aug 28 with 3397 viewsSonOfSpock

If it wasn't going to cause me so much grief on the kids TV front - then I'd do likewise.

Thing that annoys me the most is that Sky's frequent price rises are quite clearly aimed at subsidising the football.

And the countdown clock is/was massively poor form. Such bad taste.
I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:47 - Aug 28 with 3395 viewsclive_baker

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:42 - Aug 28 by OsborneOneNil

Just curious, will you watch Match of the Day?

Yeah probably. I can't avoid paying my TV licence so I won't cut off my nose to spite my face form a moral perspective, I'll just cut out incremental spend such as SKY. Having said that, I probably only catch 1 MOTD per month on average anyway.

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 12:11 - Aug 28 with 3300 viewsTommyparker

I've just cancelled my Sky package on 11:39 - Aug 28 by flimflam

I have been Rupert free for 3 yrs now.

Crook.

Sky isn't owned by Rupert, it's owned by Comcast, last year reported earnings 22.7 billion dollars.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024