Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? 10:43 - Aug 28 with 1845 viewsSouperJim

Just a quick thought, no faux outrage at the demise of Bury FC, but with the media presently paying closer interest to the state of the game, perhaps an opportunity to make a statement as football fans?

A bloody great banner having a pop at modern football and how fans come last would be a beautiful sight, happy to put a couple of quid in to help make it happen.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 10:44]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 10:45 - Aug 28 with 1817 viewsLanky

Likewise.

I also think it would be great if we could do something for/in the run up to the weekends we were supposed to play Bury. Be that a fundraiser for those who've lost their jobs or something relating to a "phoenix club" if something begins to start up around that I don't know... something, any way.
FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 11:22 - Aug 28 with 1740 viewsSitfcB

Sort of the same..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1129966/ASH-WEDNESDAY-Ipswich

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 11:32 - Aug 28 with 1691 viewswkj

I get the feeling that Blue Action is more for the love of the game and enjoying the positives of ITFC rather than getting involved in the politics of the modern game, I might be wrong, but for me the love of Blue Action is that it is simple and true to the support of Town without getting wrapped up in the drama

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 11:55 - Aug 28 with 1642 viewsBasingstokeBlue

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 11:22 - Aug 28 by SitfcB

Sort of the same..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1129966/ASH-WEDNESDAY-Ipswich

Hmmm, we don't have a great track record...

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 12:07 - Aug 28 with 1615 viewsSouperJim

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 11:32 - Aug 28 by wkj

I get the feeling that Blue Action is more for the love of the game and enjoying the positives of ITFC rather than getting involved in the politics of the modern game, I might be wrong, but for me the love of Blue Action is that it is simple and true to the support of Town without getting wrapped up in the drama

You might well be right, just throwing the idea their way. Town fans have mixed form in this area, the Chelsea banner as posted above and also the slightly hypocritical one at Brighton...

I was thinking of some sign of solidarity with other real football fans, rather than the armchair ones who primarily fuel the TV money bubble.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 12:10]

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 12:13 - Aug 28 with 1591 viewsTractorCam

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 11:55 - Aug 28 by BasingstokeBlue

Hmmm, we don't have a great track record...

I bumped into a Brighton fan when in Dusseldorf in May, he mentioned this banner. Seems they won't be forgetting this in a hurry.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 12:19 - Aug 28 with 1566 viewsSouperJim

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 12:13 - Aug 28 by TractorCam

I bumped into a Brighton fan when in Dusseldorf in May, he mentioned this banner. Seems they won't be forgetting this in a hurry.

Just point them to this:-

http://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/brighton-revealed-as-having-the-second-

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 14:39 - Aug 28 with 1411 viewsBlue_Order

While we agree with the sentiment, and probably would have made some kind of banner, we’re already doing our ‘opening day’ display on Saturday after we had to postpone it due to the high winds that day. We’re also working on another display for next month so don’t really have the time.

Like a lot of people, there’s plenty of things about modern football that we’re against, so we might voice our opinions on them when it’s relevant from time to time in the future.

While I’m here actually, does anybody know where we could get letter stencils made up? We want to be able to make message banners quickly when we need to (for situations like this for example), but the way we make them for displays is pretty time consuming. Want to be able to just stencil and spray paint them. Had a couple of quotes but they were heavy expensive. If we can’t find anywhere we’ll just make our own, but if anyone can help we’d be very grateful.
Login to get fewer ads

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 16:20 - Aug 28 with 1325 viewsGarv

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 12:07 - Aug 28 by SouperJim

You might well be right, just throwing the idea their way. Town fans have mixed form in this area, the Chelsea banner as posted above and also the slightly hypocritical one at Brighton...

I was thinking of some sign of solidarity with other real football fans, rather than the armchair ones who primarily fuel the TV money bubble.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 12:10]

What was the Chelsea banner?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 16:38 - Aug 28 with 1290 viewsSouperJim

FAO: Blue Action - send a message to the PL/EFL? on 14:39 - Aug 28 by Blue_Order

While we agree with the sentiment, and probably would have made some kind of banner, we’re already doing our ‘opening day’ display on Saturday after we had to postpone it due to the high winds that day. We’re also working on another display for next month so don’t really have the time.

Like a lot of people, there’s plenty of things about modern football that we’re against, so we might voice our opinions on them when it’s relevant from time to time in the future.

While I’m here actually, does anybody know where we could get letter stencils made up? We want to be able to make message banners quickly when we need to (for situations like this for example), but the way we make them for displays is pretty time consuming. Want to be able to just stencil and spray paint them. Had a couple of quotes but they were heavy expensive. If we can’t find anywhere we’ll just make our own, but if anyone can help we’d be very grateful.

Sending you a PM regarding stencils

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024