Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home 11:33 - Aug 28 with 5032 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Its a very sad day for football as Bury are out of the EFL, what happens to the cost of the ticket for the season ticket holders as the Bury home game that wont be played now?

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:35 - Aug 28 with 3824 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I doubt it’ll change anything tbh

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:36 - Aug 28 with 3814 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Nothing.

Because a town has lost it's team, fans of Bury are devastated and sh*t happens. I genuinely hope that their are not Town fans trying to claw back 4% of the cost of a season ticket, which was reduced by much more than that in the first place.

I have worked out that I would be owed £1.50 a month by the club, or 35p a week over Bury dropping out.

Don't spend it all at once.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:37 - Aug 28 with 3795 viewsFixed_It

I don't really care tbh. Just really sad that this has been allowed to happen.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:38 - Aug 28 with 3789 viewsclive_baker

Nothing.

Your season ticket entitled you to entry for each Ipswich home league match, and it still does.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:40 - Aug 28 with 3773 viewsSitfcB

Should get one of the Leasing.com trophy games for free.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:41 - Aug 28 with 3760 viewsSitfcB

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:36 - Aug 28 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Nothing.

Because a town has lost it's team, fans of Bury are devastated and sh*t happens. I genuinely hope that their are not Town fans trying to claw back 4% of the cost of a season ticket, which was reduced by much more than that in the first place.

I have worked out that I would be owed £1.50 a month by the club, or 35p a week over Bury dropping out.

Don't spend it all at once.

Bury still exist.

They have lost their place in the EFL.

Can go again from the bottom.

COYB

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:42 - Aug 28 with 3751 viewsTractorCam

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:40 - Aug 28 by SitfcB

Should get one of the Leasing.com trophy games for free.

We really shouldn't, a season ticket gives you the access to attend every league game, and that still applies with or without Bury.

Think there is rules about cup games and pricing anyway.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:45 - Aug 28 with 3731 viewsclive_baker

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:41 - Aug 28 by SitfcB

Bury still exist.

How will that work in practice though? As a legal entity they will be wound up, I presume? So they'll lose their ground to whoever the debt is with. They won't be able to reform under the same name either.

They'll have to re-form as AFC Bury or something I would think, formed in 2020, no honours etc. They would essentially just be starting with a ready made fan base. So essentially, Bury FC won't continue to exist.

Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:45 - Aug 28 with 3728 viewsSitfcB

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:42 - Aug 28 by TractorCam

We really shouldn't, a season ticket gives you the access to attend every league game, and that still applies with or without Bury.

Price is based on 23 games.

COYB

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:46 - Aug 28 with 3714 viewsm14_blue

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:41 - Aug 28 by SitfcB

Bury still exist.

Very unlikely that will still be the case in a few days time.
Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:47 - Aug 28 with 3706 viewsSitfcB

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:42 - Aug 28 by TractorCam

14.47826086956522 - Price per game based on 23 games.

15.13636363636364 - PPG on 22

Disgrace.

COYB

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:48 - Aug 28 with 3704 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You pays your money, you takes your choice.

Nowt happens.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:49 - Aug 28 with 3698 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:45 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

How will that work in practice though? As a legal entity they will be wound up, I presume? So they'll lose their ground to whoever the debt is with. They won't be able to reform under the same name either.

They'll have to re-form as AFC Bury or something I would think, formed in 2020, no honours etc. They would essentially just be starting with a ready made fan base. So essentially, Bury FC won't continue to exist.

Whilst they would indeed have no honours, officially, everyone would continue as though they are Bury FC. Same colour kit, same fan base, same ground (they hope).

Rangers are still rangers even though it’s officially a different name. Nobody would suggest a club like Hibernian have been more successful than Rangers - despite Rangers being wound up a few years ago and restarted at the bottom. They’re still rangers.

Not sure I’ve explained that very well

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:51 - Aug 28 with 3686 viewsclive_baker

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:45 - Aug 28 by SitfcB

Price is based on 23 games.

Is it ever communicated as that officially though? All I see from the club is this is the season ticket price. It's on here and in the papers etc that it's rationalised by a 'price per game'. I've seen it mentioned in the Evans interview etc as how much it works out per game, but contractually you're buying an annual season ticket, so I doubt the club have any obligation to do anything.

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:52 - Aug 28 with 3675 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:51 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

Is it ever communicated as that officially though? All I see from the club is this is the season ticket price. It's on here and in the papers etc that it's rationalised by a 'price per game'. I've seen it mentioned in the Evans interview etc as how much it works out per game, but contractually you're buying an annual season ticket, so I doubt the club have any obligation to do anything.

And rightly so.

Beyond petty for people to start wanting a tiny percentage back because Bury have been expelled - as if that’s our clubs fault.

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:54 - Aug 28 with 3661 viewsclive_baker

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:49 - Aug 28 by The_Romford_Blue

Whilst they would indeed have no honours, officially, everyone would continue as though they are Bury FC. Same colour kit, same fan base, same ground (they hope).

Rangers are still rangers even though it’s officially a different name. Nobody would suggest a club like Hibernian have been more successful than Rangers - despite Rangers being wound up a few years ago and restarted at the bottom. They’re still rangers.

Not sure I’ve explained that very well

I hear you brother, explained perfectly well.

I would think they would need some investors with deep pockets and an emotional attachment to Bury FC if they're to stay at Gigg Lane. There's a huge debt that's secured against it which you would think would be prohibitive to staying there. And I agree, people will always associate the town of Bury and it's new club with the one that existed until yesterday, but legally and technically speaking it's a different entity. Not the same club that won the FA Cup twice.

EDIT: They want to hope Bury Council can protect the Gigg Lane site as a protected community asset and make sure it's retained as a football stadium. Otherwise you would think the owners of the site would look to convert it to a residential development or such like. Then hope someone with deep pockets can take it on and look to start a new Co from the bottom (or from as high a league as will take them). That will massively help retain some history.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 12:04]

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:57 - Aug 28 with 3646 viewsSouperJim

Don't really understand the downvotes on this, it's a fair question. Nobody has said "omg it's outrageous if we don't get a refund".

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 12:02 - Aug 28 with 3588 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:54 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

I hear you brother, explained perfectly well.

I would think they would need some investors with deep pockets and an emotional attachment to Bury FC if they're to stay at Gigg Lane. There's a huge debt that's secured against it which you would think would be prohibitive to staying there. And I agree, people will always associate the town of Bury and it's new club with the one that existed until yesterday, but legally and technically speaking it's a different entity. Not the same club that won the FA Cup twice.

EDIT: They want to hope Bury Council can protect the Gigg Lane site as a protected community asset and make sure it's retained as a football stadium. Otherwise you would think the owners of the site would look to convert it to a residential development or such like. Then hope someone with deep pockets can take it on and look to start a new Co from the bottom (or from as high a league as will take them). That will massively help retain some history.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 12:04]

Indeed.

Must be horrible for the fans. Really awful.

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 12:05 - Aug 28 with 3564 viewsIpswich_Crazy

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:57 - Aug 28 by SouperJim

Don't really understand the downvotes on this, it's a fair question. Nobody has said "omg it's outrageous if we don't get a refund".

It is a genuine question thats all. Its so sad to see this happen, the EFL should of done more to help them out.

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 12:25 - Aug 28 with 3474 viewsjonbull88

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:57 - Aug 28 by SouperJim

Same here. Also there is the real possibility of it being 21 home games this season still. I’ve always said when town do ticket offers a few quid on the season ticket that could be spend either in the shop or on a beer in the ground would be a decent gesture.

But hey ho at least we can still enjoy our club.
Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 12:33 - Aug 28 with 3418 viewsSuperfrans

If there is any kind of fund, to pay those who have lost their jobs, or to help a supporters organisation take over a Phoenix club, all of the clubs in league one who now have one game less should contribute what they have saved to said fund. That would be a reasonable thing to do.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 12:33 - Aug 28 with 3417 viewsGuthrum

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:45 - Aug 28 by clive_baker

Depends whether they can put together some kind of sale, or a deal on their debts.

Currently, they are no longer under any pressure to maintain an expensive professional squad or to fulfil any fixtures. If enough players/assets can be sold to cover debt payments for the time being (maybe including the ground), there is a possibility the club could survive long enough to join a lower tier league and continue trading with (hopefully) large crowds for that level providing sufficient income.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 12:41 - Aug 28 with 3383 viewsTractorCam

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 12:33 - Aug 28 by Superfrans

If there is any kind of fund, to pay those who have lost their jobs, or to help a supporters organisation take over a Phoenix club, all of the clubs in league one who now have one game less should contribute what they have saved to said fund. That would be a reasonable thing to do.

Us League 1 clubs who are already in loads of debt.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

AYE, EVANS OUT on 12:45 - Aug 28 with 3355 viewsDyland

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 11:47 - Aug 28 by SitfcB

14.47826086956522 - Price per game based on 23 games.

15.13636363636364 - PPG on 22

Disgrace.

ntfsh

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Season ticket holders ticket for Bury game at home on 13:47 - Aug 28 with 3125 viewsJackSted

Fans have just seen the death of their club but you're more worried about £23??

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024