Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possibility that all hope may not be extinguished for Bury 13:17 - Aug 28 with 760 viewsGuthrum

The EFL expulsion actually consists of withdrawing that club's share in the League. The share has not yet been reassigned to another club - and won't be until promotion/relegation is completed in early May.

Should, in the interim, a stable and finacially secure regime be established at Bury, I cannot see why it would not be within the power of the EFL Board to reverse their decision and give the share back to the club.

Certainly, there would be sizeable additional penalties for not having fulfilled their fixtures (an expellable offence in its own right). But a result of definite relegation and even a points deduction for the following season would be less terminal than the present scenario.

Doubt it will happen, but perhaps all is not yet lost.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Possibility that all hope may not be extinguished for Bury on 13:40 - Aug 28 with 656 viewsRyorry

Who'd want to buy the clusterf*ck of debt, stadium remortgaging & the multiple, Malta-based companies behind that tho?

"Previous owner Stewart Day’s company borrowed £1m, secured on the Gigg Lane ground, at an annual interest rate of 138%".

"The lender, a firm based in Crosby called Capital Bridging Finance Solutions (“Capital”), is now owed £3.7m. Capital in turn mortgaged Gigg Lane, most homely of football grounds, to a company based in Malta whose own lenders were eight companies registered in the tax haven of the British Virgin Islands. As revealed in the Guardian, large portions of the borrowed money never came to Bury at all, because 40% was paid as “introduction fees” to unnamed third parties."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2014/nov/12/bu

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/27/bury-historic-club-football-lea (thanks to Steve M for posting this in another thread).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Possibility that all hope may not be extinguished for Bury on 13:44 - Aug 28 with 624 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

If this could somehow hypothetically be workable, I would trust the EFL to deliver something suitable less than I would trust Hannibal Lecter to 'have me for dinner'.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024