Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton sale confirmed 18:13 - Aug 28 with 2814 viewsEastTownBlue

Now we know what happens to our three points

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/statement-on-behalf-of-david-rubin--part
Bolton sale confirmed on 18:15 - Aug 28 with 2751 viewsHipsterectomy

Now for them to get in 11 decent players and beat Sunderland, Blackpool, Peterborough etc please

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:18 - Aug 28 with 2715 viewspointofblue

I'm pleased it's gone through for the sake of the Wanderers fans. Can't help but wonder whether Bury being expelled focused minds somewhat.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:22 - Aug 28 with 2628 viewsWestover

Great news for the fans and good for Town.👍
Bolton sale confirmed on 18:23 - Aug 28 with 2616 viewsPJH

Pleased for their fans and the employees of the club and hotel.
Bolton sale confirmed on 18:24 - Aug 28 with 2613 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Great news, agree with the view that the demise of Bury probably focused minds. Well done to Football Ventures and all who worked hard to make this work.

Poll: would you rather

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:29 - Aug 28 with 2544 viewsEastTownBlue

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:18 - Aug 28 by pointofblue

I'm pleased it's gone through for the sake of the Wanderers fans. Can't help but wonder whether Bury being expelled focused minds somewhat.

Plus the administrator’s threat of liquidation today if things did not progress.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 18:38]
Bolton sale confirmed on 18:35 - Aug 28 with 2503 viewsfactual_blue

The administrators have really stuck it to ken anderson, who even Sheepy sniffed out as a wrong 'un:

'"The Trust were forced to constantly compromise their position in the face of circumstances and demands which were wholly unreasonable. This says much about their determination not to allow Eddie's beloved Bolton Wanderers to suffer any longer at the hands of Ken Anderson.

Sadly, Mr Anderson has used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes. Thankfully, with the assistance of the Trust and others, we were able to overcome this obstacle'

Clearly David Rubin are confident they aren't libelling Ken.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:37 - Aug 28 with 2479 viewsOldsmoker

EFL - please note.
Steve Dale and Ken Anderson have proved beyond any doubt that they are not 'fit and proper' persons to run a football club. Never let them anywhere near a club again.
So, on the last day of the season one club will already have completed all their fixtures. Any ideas as to who that club is?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:38 - Aug 28 with 2475 viewsPJH

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:35 - Aug 28 by factual_blue

The administrators have really stuck it to ken anderson, who even Sheepy sniffed out as a wrong 'un:

'"The Trust were forced to constantly compromise their position in the face of circumstances and demands which were wholly unreasonable. This says much about their determination not to allow Eddie's beloved Bolton Wanderers to suffer any longer at the hands of Ken Anderson.

Sadly, Mr Anderson has used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes. Thankfully, with the assistance of the Trust and others, we were able to overcome this obstacle'

I hope the "overcome this obstacle" bit means that Anderson did not get what he wanted.
Bolton sale confirmed on 18:45 - Aug 28 with 2421 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

For Anderson to get damages surely he would have to prove a loss.

When your reputation is already in the gutter, I suspect your chances of success are limited.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:51 - Aug 28 with 2356 viewsWeWereZombies

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:37 - Aug 28 by Oldsmoker

EFL - please note.
Steve Dale and Ken Anderson have proved beyond any doubt that they are not 'fit and proper' persons to run a football club. Never let them anywhere near a club again.
So, on the last day of the season one club will already have completed all their fixtures. Any ideas as to who that club is?

Fleetwood Town, I think.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Bolton sale confirmed on 19:03 - Aug 28 with 2264 viewszebra

That is really brilliant news. Bolton games with us have always been entertaining [except for a couple I prefer to forget!!]. Let's hear it for the true football fans - let's hope Football Ventures appreciate the value of their fans. And, by the way, let's be grateful for the 5 goals and 3 points ...
Bolton sale confirmed on 19:49 - Aug 28 with 2171 viewsTheBoyBlue

Great news, would've been terrible to see another club go under. I've got a few mates who are Bolton fans and so pleased for them, I can't imagine what it would feel like losing ITFC for good.

From a selfish perspective, I'm glad we still have our 3 points and 5 goals (lucky I know, but how often has good fortune evaded us over the last few seasons?) and I hope now they can put together a competitive team that will give our competitors a game!

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Bolton sale confirmed on 19:54 - Aug 28 with 2156 viewsGuthrum

EFL - please note.

Interesting interview just now on R5. The comment was made that the "fit and proper persons" test (which isn't even called that any more) is, in reality, only checking that there are no current convictions for dishonesty. Doesn't look into past history, experience or conduct. They daren't go further than that, for fear of being sued by people they've barred.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bolton sale confirmed on 19:54 - Aug 28 with 2152 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EFL - please note.

That's a fair point and completely scuppers their determination that all clubs finish at the same time so no club knows exactly what they need to do in their last match to catch another one.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bolton sale confirmed on 19:55 - Aug 28 with 2150 viewsGuthrum

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:51 - Aug 28 by WeWereZombies

Fleetwood Town, I think.

Yes, the club which would have been playing Bury on the last day.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bolton sale confirmed on 19:55 - Aug 28 with 2151 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Wow. Such scathing comments from the administrator. Anderson is not looking good coming out of this...

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Bolton sale confirmed on 20:36 - Aug 28 with 2087 viewsGeoffSentence

Bolton sale confirmed on 18:15 - Aug 28 by Hipsterectomy

Now for them to get in 11 decent players and beat Sunderland, Blackpool, Peterborough etc please

They already have four training with them just waiting for the takeover to complete o!is o 'Neil who said he was open to coming back.

They should be stronger come Saturday and by the time they play more.of our rivals should at least be able to put up a fight.

No doubt about it we have gained an unfair advantage.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024