Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury players 19:06 - Aug 28 with 2223 viewsloyalfan

What is the position of Bury’s players now. Free agents? Would there be a case for Bolton signing some of them if this is allowed?
Bury players on 19:23 - Aug 28 with 2154 viewsDennyx4

I would guess they are all free agents, albeit our transfer window is still open, so would be able to sign at the moment anyhow.

Also with Bury ceasing to trade prior to the transfer window ending, think this would mean that there are all free agents.

Not sure how many players are left at Bury - I did see Neil Danns on the TV talking to supporters. He may have played for Bolton previously too.
Bury players on 19:38 - Aug 28 with 2102 viewsWickets

Bury players on 19:23 - Aug 28 by Dennyx4

I would guess they are all free agents, albeit our transfer window is still open, so would be able to sign at the moment anyhow.

Also with Bury ceasing to trade prior to the transfer window ending, think this would mean that there are all free agents.

Not sure how many players are left at Bury - I did see Neil Danns on the TV talking to supporters. He may have played for Bolton previously too.

They will be able to sign for new clubs even if the window is shut of course .
Bury players on 19:39 - Aug 28 with 2093 viewswkj

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is the case, I would imagine Bolton will get a got number of charitable loans in the winter too

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bury players on 19:48 - Aug 28 with 2047 viewsGuthrum

Presumably the players are still contracted to the club, until they are either released, sold or it goes into liquidation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bury players on 19:59 - Aug 28 with 1998 viewsCokeIsKey

Bury players on 19:48 - Aug 28 by Guthrum

Presumably the players are still contracted to the club, until they are either released, sold or it goes into liquidation.

I've got news for you mate.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Bury players on 20:01 - Aug 28 with 1993 viewsGuthrum

Bury players on 19:59 - Aug 28 by CokeIsKey

I've got news for you mate.

The club has been expelled from the League, but has it actually been wound up yet? They are not the same thing.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 20:04]

Bury players on 20:13 - Aug 28 with 1929 viewsCokeIsKey

Bury players on 20:01 - Aug 28 by Guthrum

The club has been expelled from the League, but has it actually been wound up yet? They are not the same thing.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 20:04]

It's in the stages of shutting down and assets are being sold, so I would assume part of that process involves terminating the contracts of the few players remaining and releasing them as free agents.

Bury players on 20:17 - Aug 28 with 1915 viewsGuthrum

Bury players on 20:13 - Aug 28 by CokeIsKey

It's in the stages of shutting down and assets are being sold, so I would assume part of that process involves terminating the contracts of the few players remaining and releasing them as free agents.

Would they not be more likely to try to sell them, offset some of the debt? There's still another few days of the transfer window.

Login to get fewer ads

Bury players on 20:33 - Aug 28 with 1861 viewsCokeIsKey

Bury players on 20:17 - Aug 28 by Guthrum

Would they not be more likely to try to sell them, offset some of the debt? There's still another few days of the transfer window.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to try that, but there can't be many clubs willing to spend money on players who are probably not fit enough to play and have little confidence leftover from the whole crisis.

Bury players on 21:53 - Aug 28 with 1690 viewsagentp

No club would buy a player from a club that is going to have to release them anyway and in any case can you really see a player that hasn't been paid agreeing to it to help the bloke that hasn't paid them.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Bury players on 21:56 - Aug 28 with 1682 viewsPinewoodblue

Bury players on 19:38 - Aug 28 by Wickets

They will be able to sign for new clubs even if the window is shut of course .

Bolton need a few and it is just down the road

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bury players on 22:10 - Aug 28 with 1635 viewsPJH

Just read somewhere online that they only have four senior players and sixteen youths registered and their contracts are now null and void and they are therefore free agents.
Bury players on 22:14 - Aug 28 with 1616 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Haven't they lost players who have claimed breach of contract due to not being paid?

We were supposedly interested in Adam Thompson I think but I believe he has recently signed for Rotherham.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bury players on 22:18 - Aug 28 with 1593 viewssparks

Bury players on 19:48 - Aug 28 by Guthrum

If they are not being paid, there must be a point at whcih they can treat their contracts as rescinded.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024