Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... 19:22 - Aug 28 with 18050 viewsBLUEBEAT

good atmosphere
good football
good team
good morale
good crowds
good manager
good PR
good pies
good charitable contributions
good times

Poll: W or W

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:32 - Aug 28 with 3993 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:25 - Aug 28 by Mullet

Drama? Drama was spunky bedsheets and abusing blokes who were doing their job here, calling in Radio Suffolk every week like a mad hybrid of Alan Hansen and Benny from Crossroads.

People were demanding we challenge for promotion etc. and wondering why Freddie Sears and Kevin Bru couldn't compete with Jonjo Shelvey and his ilk.

Let's not rewrite these as the days of milk and honey, this is the low point for anyone under the age of 95 or so. It's just going to be merciful short lived if things go ok this season.

good fun sponge

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:37 - Aug 28 with 3988 viewsMullet

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:32 - Aug 28 by BLUEBEAT

good fun sponge

Whereas turning up to games constantly waiting to kick off at players and moan for 18 months because we didn't make top 6 again was.....?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:38 - Aug 28 with 3982 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:37 - Aug 28 by Mullet

Whereas turning up to games constantly waiting to kick off at players and moan for 18 months because we didn't make top 6 again was.....?

good lord 🙄

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:51 - Aug 28 with 3964 viewsFtnfwest

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:17 - Aug 28 by Mullet

We're at our lowest ebb in 60 years, we've just suffered one of the most humiliating relegations on record, we sold most if not all of our decent players, we recorded about 4 wins in a calendar year, the only things on your list that weren't damaged for years to come are nothing at all to do with BCWYWF bobbins.

We've got fans now counting seats like we're Nodge and worrying about where Fleetwood is.

It's great people weren't emotionally scarred by Hurst, but this whole blackout and skipping of a year is damn close to it. Without Mick's shrewd business sense we'd not have signed anyone this summer either.

Let's not kids ourselves, this season has produced some terrible football too in keeping with last season. The whole reachy need to pretend we've got our club back when it's in the bin with the tramps and dirty nappies of the football world is weird.

Get out of the league and pretend it never happened. That's about the best scenario and use for denial all round.

You weren’t too bothered less than a couple of years earlier when we were at our lowest ebb for 58 years
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:55 - Aug 28 with 3957 viewsMullet

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:51 - Aug 28 by Ftnfwest

You weren’t too bothered less than a couple of years earlier when we were at our lowest ebb for 58 years

Was I not? I must have imagined suggesting Evans funded us more and it being an exception in terms of league finishes rather than the rule until this point.

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:59 - Aug 28 with 3947 viewsEwan_Oozami

good Evans...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:01 - Aug 28 with 3943 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:12 - Aug 28 by Pilgrimblue

I did want MM gone. His style was dreadful and have accepted (reluctantly) that it was necessary to go down in order to resurrect and hopefully return with better future.
Can't believe how the fans have reacted and am loving it. If it pushes PL and his team to the top then sobeit.

That's fair enough.

I found it embarrassing the way things ended with MM but I didn't attend that much so wasn't having to put up with watching the football and then listening to him griping about the fans not being too keen on it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:01 - Aug 28 with 3940 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:59 - Aug 28 by Ewan_Oozami

good Evans...

good job!

Login to get fewer ads

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:05 - Aug 28 with 3936 viewsEwan_Oozami

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:01 - Aug 28 by BLUEBEAT

good job!

That post was for comedic purposes only, and indicates no opinion by the author on our owner in any shape or form..

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:08 - Aug 28 with 3929 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:05 - Aug 28 by Ewan_Oozami

That post was for comedic purposes only, and indicates no opinion by the author on our owner in any shape or form..

good riposte

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:11 - Aug 28 with 3920 viewsEwan_Oozami

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:08 - Aug 28 by BLUEBEAT

good riposte

This is turning into a really good thread BB.....

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:16 - Aug 28 with 3917 viewsFtnfwest

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:55 - Aug 28 by Mullet

Was I not? I must have imagined suggesting Evans funded us more and it being an exception in terms of league finishes rather than the rule until this point.

it wasn’t money we were losing, it was our soul
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:20 - Aug 28 with 3909 viewsMullet

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:16 - Aug 28 by Ftnfwest

it wasn’t money we were losing, it was our soul

Really? Punching well above our weight is in ITFC's DNA, if anything the loss of soul was people buying into the Sky mentality more and more and not looking beyond the dug out.

Which low point under Mick wasn't then equalled or exceeded in less than a season under Hurst/Lambert? Not many I'll wager.

How have we got our soul back now? People have realised how bad it could and then did get and had it up them a bit, but not much more than that has happened. It was Evans that was losing interest in the community, the academy etc. after all.

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:22 - Aug 28 with 3906 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:11 - Aug 28 by Ewan_Oozami

This is turning into a really good thread BB.....

good cognizance

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:22 - Aug 28 with 3909 viewshaynes_toe1

I appreciate I'm no longer local to go to games and rely on iFollow so I get that I dont get the whole atmosphere thing.

But watching the quality of league one football is absolutely turgid. Now we are in League One suddenly hoofball is ok. Or is it because we have Norwood making something of the hoofs like when we had Murphs? Either way the quality is painful to watch on TV.
But you support Norwich. (n/t) on 21:27 - Aug 28 with 3899 viewsBloots

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:22 - Aug 28 by haynes_toe1

I appreciate I'm no longer local to go to games and rely on iFollow so I get that I dont get the whole atmosphere thing.

But watching the quality of league one football is absolutely turgid. Now we are in League One suddenly hoofball is ok. Or is it because we have Norwood making something of the hoofs like when we had Murphs? Either way the quality is painful to watch on TV.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

But you support Norwich. (n/t) on 21:30 - Aug 28 with 3895 viewshaynes_toe1

But you support Norwich. (n/t) on 21:27 - Aug 28 by Bloots

So I keep (somewhat tirelessly) being told.
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:31 - Aug 28 with 3893 viewsBlueBadger

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:17 - Aug 28 by Mullet

We're at our lowest ebb in 60 years, we've just suffered one of the most humiliating relegations on record, we sold most if not all of our decent players, we recorded about 4 wins in a calendar year, the only things on your list that weren't damaged for years to come are nothing at all to do with BCWYWF bobbins.

We've got fans now counting seats like we're Nodge and worrying about where Fleetwood is.

It's great people weren't emotionally scarred by Hurst, but this whole blackout and skipping of a year is damn close to it. Without Mick's shrewd business sense we'd not have signed anyone this summer either.

Let's not kids ourselves, this season has produced some terrible football too in keeping with last season. The whole reachy need to pretend we've got our club back when it's in the bin with the tramps and dirty nappies of the football world is weird.

Get out of the league and pretend it never happened. That's about the best scenario and use for denial all round.

I can only think it's some kind of weird Stockholm Syndrome. I genuinely couldn't belive people were claiming to have ENJOYED getting beaten 3-0 by a Norwich team that didn't need to get out of second gear to do so, for example.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 9:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That's because you do. (n/t) on 21:31 - Aug 28 with 3891 viewsBloots

But you support Norwich. (n/t) on 21:30 - Aug 28 by haynes_toe1

So I keep (somewhat tirelessly) being told.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:52 - Aug 28 with 3865 viewsFtnfwest

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:23 - Aug 28 by PJH

Yep, if all goes well this season we will be back where MM left us 17 months or so ago with two seasons wasted in getting back there.

Well worth wishing for.

and just about to get relegated to league 1 anyway with home crowds of 6,000
If we have just the one season..... on 21:53 - Aug 28 with 3868 viewsTheBoyBlue

If we have just the one season..... on 20:05 - Aug 28 by Bloots

….in this terrible league then I can live with that, and I will probably enjoy it.

But the novelty will wear off very quickly.

We should be playing Leeds and Derby, not Rochdale and Shrewsbury.

Totally agree. We need to get out of this division as soon as possible and I'm excited that - thus far - we are showing signs that we could. Long way to go of course, but savouring it as much as possible at the moment.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 21:54 - Aug 28 with 3872 viewsLeoMuff

Get lucky against Wimbledon, and rout the children of Bolton and the outers crawl back like the desperados they are.

Its like the worst season in living and dead memory never happened, and the sell on windfall from MM was all a dream.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If we have just the one season..... on 21:55 - Aug 28 with 3863 viewsBLUEBEAT

If we have just the one season..... on 21:53 - Aug 28 by TheBoyBlue

Totally agree. We need to get out of this division as soon as possible and I'm excited that - thus far - we are showing signs that we could. Long way to go of course, but savouring it as much as possible at the moment.

good outlook

If we have just the one season..... on 22:53 - Aug 28 with 3840 viewsEwan_Oozami

If we have just the one season..... on 21:53 - Aug 28 by TheBoyBlue

good vibrations

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 22:59 - Aug 28 with 3833 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 19:34 - Aug 28 by BLUEBEAT

good god

Good point

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024