Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... 19:22 - Aug 28 with 18049 viewsBLUEBEAT

good atmosphere
good football
good team
good morale
good crowds
good manager
good PR
good pies
good charitable contributions
good times

Poll: W or W

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:22 - Aug 31 with 3336 viewsbrogansnose

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:17 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

How is this thread/debate still continuing? A band of absolute morons managed to spread a load of lies and rewrote history on social media to claim we something that we weren't. In time more and more latched on to the dream and took apart the club from its core. It backfired in the most spectacular way by not only going down but by finishing bottom with 2 different managers unable to do anything about it. Life has moved on, most supporters are now trying to rally and make the best of the situation. It is in everyone's interest to put that ridiculous situation from 18 months ago to bed asap.

' Life has moved on, most supporters are now trying to rally and make the best of the situation. It is in everyone's interest to put that ridiculous situation from 18 months ago to bed asap.'

Amen brother.
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:54 - Aug 31 with 3299 viewspatrickswell

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:16 - Aug 28 by SitfcB

Zzzzzzzzzz

People still going on about boring sh!t.

Grow up.

This.

Because us getting relegated the year after he left really makes MM look like the idiot, doesn’t it?
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 10:06 - Aug 31 with 3286 viewsKropotkin123

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:17 - Aug 31 by Bluefish

How is this thread/debate still continuing? A band of absolute morons managed to spread a load of lies and rewrote history on social media to claim we something that we weren't. In time more and more latched on to the dream and took apart the club from its core. It backfired in the most spectacular way by not only going down but by finishing bottom with 2 different managers unable to do anything about it. Life has moved on, most supporters are now trying to rally and make the best of the situation. It is in everyone's interest to put that ridiculous situation from 18 months ago to bed asap.

Good thread / debate
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 10:07]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 10:12 - Aug 31 with 3273 viewsDarth_Koont

Steady on.

We got a free hit against Bolton but half-time in the game before versus Wimbledon I thought things were heading even further downwards as the crowd seemed ready to turn.

I think it'll take a lot of wins to get away from that feeling. And probably we'll need promotion at the end of it. Even then we'll still be a side who will look at staying up in the Championship as a success. After a year or two of that and results going for us we'll be back where we started in midtable.

Pronouns: He/Him

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 10:33 - Aug 31 with 3251 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 10:12 - Aug 31 by Darth_Koont

Steady on.

We got a free hit against Bolton but half-time in the game before versus Wimbledon I thought things were heading even further downwards as the crowd seemed ready to turn.

I think it'll take a lot of wins to get away from that feeling. And probably we'll need promotion at the end of it. Even then we'll still be a side who will look at staying up in the Championship as a success. After a year or two of that and results going for us we'll be back where we started in midtable.

good projection

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 10:39 - Aug 31 with 3249 viewspointofblue

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 10:12 - Aug 31 by Darth_Koont

Steady on.

The crowd was not different to any set of support which is expecting a promotion campaign in League One but trailing to a relegation favourite. I did wonder whether it was a sign of the honeymoon being over and commented on it at the time but after half time the atmosphere improved. In the end days under Mick it would have festered and continued through the second half - indeed sometimes it started whilst we were winning.

I felt Mick’s time had come as bridges were being burned from both sides of the argument. I did not wish for this but, whilst it’s odd to say, even last year I enjoyed going to Portman Road more than the season before - possibly because of the tension from the stands, particularly in 17/18.

I think Lambert does have a different style in mind but with injuries and new signings it hasn’t been implemented yet. He will soon be running out of time to impose it and if the long ball game is working he maybe loathed to change it. The problem issue is it won’t have the same impact next year should we manage to regain our Championship place.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 10:56 - Aug 31 with 3227 viewsMullet

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 09:03 - Aug 31 by Barneycurley

Sorry but you are wrong on so many points. Love to know the examples of when we took teams apart? lol

I think you look back with Mick with the rose tinted on slightly. I remember you saying one time that it finally felt like 'getting your football club back" but that was very early in his tenure and it's no embarassment to admit the vast time under MM we were dour and he cared less and less about "The club" as time went on.

I am unsure why people can't welcome what PL is trying to build with optimism rather than cycniscim largely based on people 'not wanting to be seen to be wrong about MM'

The 3 or 4 seasons either side of 2014-15, we then went and did it weekly. I dunno if it made it to Oz then, or when iFollow started. It was brilliant and that's why people turned on him when he failed to reproduce it. I do find it odd people keep harking back to MM, sidestepping PH and they were the ones loudest saying he should never be mentioned again.

But his very first game with an absolute mismash he went to Brum and did a job on them. It's pretty clear to see that he was going to revitalise us. You're right I did say he'd given us our club back, and I was thoroughly right about it. People seem to black out Jewell too, and what he left here, or rewrite to denigrate Mick. The worst reading of his time here means he staved off where we are now for 6 years.

To call me rosetinted is just trying to put the focus on making me look stupid, instead of the debate as per. I've never shied away from how crap it was going to games listening to players like Chambers, Knudsen, Douglas and Skuse being called all sorts and people wanting to boo etc. as the quality and funding slowly dropped and stagnated.

MM did his job, and clearly cared, but he wasn't the man to pick up all of the slack left by ME's approach, hence my criticisms of Evans along with several others. but you boys also forget to mention much of the decline got worse during the period he was being abused regularly.

No one has ever said it was some sort of golden age, but it was damn good at times, the best in years quite often. Kropotkin and his kind demonstrate exactly the problem with the fanbase, who as I said wanted more, and are now lauding what we have now. It's bizarre but I get it. They were as I said turning up to snipe at everything for so long to create this toxicity they railed against.

I clearly couldn't give a toss about being seen any way, as you well know from your previous with me, but that's simply shifting the argument as above. What PL did in terms of PR was great but his record here was terrible last year and he knew that.

We're top of this league and struggling to play well often, we should still win the whole thing at a canter based on the small sample but we will have times of struggle and PL is right to say it. If we do go up easily it will again bring further questions about Evans' mismanagement last season and why we finished so low below Bolton of all teams.

If we don't go up......

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 11:32 - Aug 31 with 3202 viewsActionMan

It's all fun and games until you end up like Sunderland
Login to get fewer ads

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 11:42 - Aug 31 with 3191 viewspointofblue

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 11:32 - Aug 31 by ActionMan

It's all fun and games until you end up like Sunderland

Sunderland wouldn’t be too bad a result if you compare with the likes of Colchester, Oldham, Plymouth, Port Vale, Stockport, Swindon, Walsall and Yeovil who fell even further after relegation from the second tier. That’s without mentioning what’s happened at Bury.

ETA - Bolton finished above us due to their start to the season; after game five they were on eleven points whilst we were on three. We actually gained more points than them across the season after that period, not that that’s saying much!
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 11:45]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 11:47 - Aug 31 with 3180 viewsBlueastheycome

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:00 - Aug 29 by Bluefish

Think how exciting it could be if we went down to the conference or the bostik league

But still better than playing Liverpool away right.. ?

Your a very confused man.
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 19:17 - Aug 31 with 3135 viewsBLUEBEAT

good game

We've beaten Burton Albion..... on 20:21 - Aug 31 with 3099 viewsBlue_Moses

We've beaten Burton Albion..... on 19:44 - Aug 28 by TheBoyBlue

And Bolton, fielding a team of teenagers. But who cares?! We are winning, scoring goals, the atmosphere is great, this is what supporting a football team is all about! I dare say if we're still in this division this time next year most of that will have worn off, but after the last few seasons I'm finally enjoying watching the Town again!

Enjoying this season way more than the last few
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:22 - Aug 31 with 3096 viewsKropotkin123

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 19:17 - Aug 31 by BLUEBEAT

good game

good result

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 20:23 - Aug 31 with 3092 viewsOxford_Blue

Yeah......and relegation to the third tier
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 02:06 - Sep 1 with 3024 viewsitfcbam

Yes and no.
I think the sensible thought and especially considering last season is MM was doing (league wise a very good job). we were punching above our weight under him, HOWEVER, the club was disconnecting in all other aspects. so we had to change.
We suffered last season, BUT we now have a manager who clearly recognises the importance again of us (the supporters) and is 1st class on that front. He has reconnected us with the club and increasing numbers are falling in love again with the club. We are going back to our roots in developing and promoting our youth, yes we will have to sell some to balance the books, but that has always been the Ipswich way. MM does deserve credit for some of that though, as he did get Klug back from Spurs a few years ago and we are starting to see some fruit come through from that in the likes of Downes, Woolfenden.
We've beaten Burton Albion..... on 05:27 - Sep 1 with 2993 viewsSpruceMoose

We've beaten Burton Albion..... on 20:21 - Aug 31 by Blue_Moses

Enjoying this season way more than the last few

You do you but personally I want more for us than to be a large limp fish in a shallow muddy pond.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 06:55 - Sep 1 with 2959 viewsKeaneish

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:29 - Aug 31 by Kropotkin123

You are selective though. You are now trying to link people who disagree with you as having a "sky mentality"

MM was given 5 years to create a playing style and make his own team. Once sacked and the club's best players sold, you then give Lambert half a season before claiming he relegated us, and it is his low point. You don't even give him a full season to judge the type of football we play.

You completely bypass the fact a season earlier MM took us to our then lowest ebb playing **** football and raging with fans.

You insist winning is more important than being enjoyable to watch. Your enjoyment only derives from us winning or winning at a higher level than we are now. That is a 'sky mentality'... football not perfect after half a year? why not ring up and moan about it like the rest of the morons on 5Live.

We want more than hoofball. We want a manger and club that prioritised the fans. We can see we are getting that and it will take more than 9 months to role out. Particularly as we are no longer in the championship and able to attract top championship players.

We do play better football under Lambert. The intention of how we play is different. Even our club captain, who had a lot of respect for MM, freely admits this and the positive impact on how he feels when he wins in contrast.

You bang on about the loss of 'soul'. MM took that when he deliberately pitted fan against club. He was a disgrace in press conferences and on the touchline, when telling fans to **** off and name calling. This was a lower point than relegation under Lambert. Good riddance.

You blame Evans for breaks in the community. But you see Lambert forcing him to rebuild those links. ME can be influenced on off field matters, if the Manager cares about them himself. Lambert proves this.

The irony is with you, no matter how you try and spin this.

Agree with all this. Excellent post. I blocked Mullet a while ago so I can't see what miserable rhetoric he's posted in retort but I'm sure it sucks all the life out of anything positive as is his way. You'll never shake him from his MM slumber, unfortunately.

The contingent who were very pro MM continually ignore the fact the club was in decline and the ITFC community fractured. No matter what division we play in that's unsustainable for a football club to ever prosper and I blame MM for this division, he set the rot, not Hurst. It's taken a new manager and a lesser division to feel connected to the club once more and more power to it. I can see those most vociferous on this thread in response to our league status and the anti-MM insinuation are the same older generation of supporter who still bear a torch for those days where we had a divine right to play at the highest level - maybe time to tweak this forum name to 'These Are The Days' to all get on the same program.

Be careful what I wish for? The irony of this must be bitter sweet for MM now especially after yesterday. There's nothing more he would have loved than a huge banner of his face unfurled in the SBL. Sadly, you don't get that with divisive public relations, contempt for the fan base and a large egotism no matter how good you are in the transfer market or what results you grind out.

PL said "no-one cared for the club and it was tired" and he was right, now look at the difference. Good riddance to those dreary Yorkshiremen.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 07:49 - Sep 1 with 2931 viewsBogblue

good goals for!
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:06 - Sep 1 with 2905 viewsMullet

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 06:55 - Sep 1 by Keaneish

Agree with all this. Excellent post. I blocked Mullet a while ago so I can't see what miserable rhetoric he's posted in retort but I'm sure it sucks all the life out of anything positive as is his way. You'll never shake him from his MM slumber, unfortunately.

The contingent who were very pro MM continually ignore the fact the club was in decline and the ITFC community fractured. No matter what division we play in that's unsustainable for a football club to ever prosper and I blame MM for this division, he set the rot, not Hurst. It's taken a new manager and a lesser division to feel connected to the club once more and more power to it. I can see those most vociferous on this thread in response to our league status and the anti-MM insinuation are the same older generation of supporter who still bear a torch for those days where we had a divine right to play at the highest level - maybe time to tweak this forum name to 'These Are The Days' to all get on the same program.

Be careful what I wish for? The irony of this must be bitter sweet for MM now especially after yesterday. There's nothing more he would have loved than a huge banner of his face unfurled in the SBL. Sadly, you don't get that with divisive public relations, contempt for the fan base and a large egotism no matter how good you are in the transfer market or what results you grind out.

PL said "no-one cared for the club and it was tired" and he was right, now look at the difference. Good riddance to those dreary Yorkshiremen.

Rent free for ages now.

You responded to a thread I started the other day, despite making sure we all knew you were "blocking me" weeks ago. After a long time of downvoting everything I posted and making digs at stuff I'd been saying recently.

Can't do that if you block someone. Their threads don't appear at all. Not that you're a liar who changes his tune often or anything.

Bolton tomorrow then by Mullet 23 Aug 2019 9:54
Can't say I'm relishing it. It's never a nice place to go even for non-football stuff, but seeing them in dire straits won't be fun. Even after years of miserable trips there.

Given the game is likely to be expunged it all seems a little bit pointless anyway. But regardless a nice comfortable win and a few vital goals as an insurance policy is essential. How many of the 4k are we taking? Can't imagine it's smoke bombs and banners territory is it?

"These are the days" indeed. "The program". You boys only keep proving the point don't you? Ranting about divisiveness and still posting stuff like this daily.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 08:16 - Sep 1 with 2897 viewsChurchman

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 06:55 - Sep 1 by Keaneish

McCarthy did a great job for 3 years with what he inherited. The escape from relegation was phenomenal and the playoff season had some great moments (Charlton and Watford away, scoring against the budgies etc).

However, he always gave the impression that he was bigger than the club and we were lucky to have him. His siege mentality got worse and worse and his attitude at the end to supporters a disgrace. He should have been sacked the day after Norwich away. His style of football was dire and despite his obvious ability to ‘do a job’, I think he is very limited in what he does. His PL record shows that.

That Evans employed an idiot after MM is irrelevant. For me it was also good riddance and the BCWYWF brigade missed the point.

Thinking about the comment re the club looking tired and uncared for, I wonder how much interest MM took in the club itself? He still lives/lived in Orpington so must have been time short. Did he just focus on the first team squad? It’s just a probably ill founded suspicion of mine. For all his limitations Lambert clearly takes a more holistic approach to the club which is partly why people feel more connected. That and a few wins of course.
I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 13:35 - Sep 1 with 2821 viewsRyorry

For this & Churchman's 08.16 post this morning - you both nailed it

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 14:18 - Sep 1 with 2775 viewsnoggin

Do you know what I am loving? Seeing the SBR Stand near on full again. The community feel seems to have returned to OUR club, and that is worth more to me than simply surviving in a higher league.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 14:24 - Sep 1 with 2758 viewsRyorry

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 14:18 - Sep 1 by noggin

Do you know what I am loving? Seeing the SBR Stand near on full again. The community feel seems to have returned to OUR club, and that is worth more to me than simply surviving in a higher league.

For me it's like being in a blue & white rainbow again, insteaad of unrelenting grey cloud.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 14:44 - Sep 1 with 2740 viewsBLUEBEAT

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 14:24 - Sep 1 by Ryorry

For me it's like being in a blue & white rainbow again, insteaad of unrelenting grey cloud.

good analogy

I was careful with what I wished for and I got..... on 15:32 - Sep 1 with 2710 viewsWonky

Of course its enjoyable, we've waited long enough but it's not an adventure, its 'get the job done' and get out, first attempt.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024