Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. 08:22 - Aug 29 with 1644 viewsnoggin

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 09:54 - Aug 29 with 1572 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 09:59 - Aug 29 with 1560 viewstabletopjoe

No-one does smug contempt for the working class quite like James O'Brien.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 1542 viewseireblue

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 09:59 - Aug 29 by tabletopjoe

What was it about those two callers that made you assume they were working class?
This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:02 - Aug 29 with 1541 viewsnoggin

What do you mean by “ working class” ?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Outrageous comment on 10:03 - Aug 29 with 1540 viewsDyland

You need to swap "working class" with "racist".

And if you equate someone being calm with being smug, there's possibly not much point arguing the toss. Having said that I don't entirely disagree with that view of James O'Brien, but I'd say it applies more to people like David Cameron and Tony Blair, or Jeremy Clarkson and Clive Anderson, etc.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:03 - Aug 29 with 1533 viewsHerbivore

When challenging people's views is described as smug contempt that's rather problematic. It's a way of shutting down debate and promoting an acceptance that views should not be questioned even when they are based on misinformation.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:42 - Aug 29 with 1483 viewsKeaneish

Its a bit anecdotal to sum up half a nation's reason for the Brexit vote. Plenty of morons in the UK voted both sides without really knowing what they were voting for or even being able to articulate why they voted that way let alone post rationalise it now.

Take the pint about the caller on an individual level though. Racist without knowing it. Alarming.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:48 - Aug 29 with 1454 viewsm14_blue

That’s what you took from that call????
Login to get fewer ads

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:48 - Aug 29 with 1455 viewsDanTheMan

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:42 - Aug 29 by Keaneish

Its a bit anecdotal to sum up half a nation's reason for the Brexit vote. Plenty of morons in the UK voted both sides without really knowing what they were voting for or even being able to articulate why they voted that way let alone post rationalise it now.

Take the pint about the caller on an individual level though. Racist without knowing it. Alarming.

How could you vote for the status quo without realising what you were voting for?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:51 - Aug 29 with 1442 viewsSwansea_Blue

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:48 - Aug 29 by DanTheMan

How could you vote for the status quo without realising what you were voting for?

You can vote for Whatever You Want

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:52 - Aug 29 with 1442 viewsgordon

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:42 - Aug 29 by Keaneish

If you don't understand how a change might affect you, or understand what kind of changes were actually being proposed (I certainly had no idea what Brexit actually was actually about based on the campaigns), it isn't moronic to vote against it.
This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 11:14 - Aug 29 with 1403 viewsBlueBadger

Which part of him calling out racists and relying on facts upset you?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 11:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 11:17 - Aug 29 with 1392 viewsBlueBadger

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:02 - Aug 29 by noggin

What do you mean by “ working class” ?

I think I'm finally starting to understand why idiots think the likes of Chairman Nige are Men Of The People if the main criteria for being one is 'really rather racist'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 11:19 - Aug 29 with 1387 viewsBlueBadger

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 10:02 - Aug 29 by eireblue

What was it about those two callers that made you assume they were working class?

Imagine the level of smug contempt for the working classes to think that 'working class' means 'inherently racist'.

This sums up the insanity of the brexit vote. on 12:23 - Aug 29 with 1330 viewsmanchego

Yeah, all that 'asking questions' business.

The working class hate that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024