Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? 11:49 - Aug 29 with 20771 viewswkj

Prompted by the mention of Leon Best on another post, I realise there have been far worse. Reo-Coker springs to mind, but I think Samassi Abou stands out as I remember town players deliberately avoiding passing to him on his last game for us.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:03 - Aug 29 with 6844 viewsLeBlue

Mark Fish.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:07 - Aug 29 with 6822 viewsSouperJim

Ivar Ingimarsson, his legs had totally gone, he had the turning circle of an articulated lorry and could no longer jump. Still managed 8 appearances.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:09 - Aug 29 with 6810 viewsSteve_M

Vernon Brekke-Skaard was probably had the least ability of the modern era, no idea why Royle thought he could play at this level.

Abou scored against Sheffield United in the 90s so doesn't belong on this list for that alone. He was a long way down the list of bad loanees Burley bought in.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:23 - Aug 29 with 6734 viewswoodbridge_blue

Larsen Toure has to be a strong candidate, but must escape some degree of scorn on the grounds of his comedy corner kick routine.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:24 - Aug 29 with 6716 viewswkj

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:23 - Aug 29 by woodbridge_blue

Larsen Toure has to be a strong candidate, but must escape some degree of scorn on the grounds of his comedy corner kick routine.

See, I thought Toure looked like a bit of a gem to start with, but it soon fell apart, he was certainly more productive than GIles Coke in my opinion.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:26 - Aug 29 with 6697 viewscrossyitfc

Balint Bajner
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:26 - Aug 29 with 6691 viewsiamipswich

Balint Bajner?

Played the 1st half against Fulham and practically never seen again when McCarthy realised the Championship wasn't for him

Poll: Who will return first?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:28 - Aug 29 with 6677 viewsSuperblue95

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:07 - Aug 29 by SouperJim

Ivar Ingimarsson, his legs had totally gone, he had the turning circle of an articulated lorry and could no longer jump. Still managed 8 appearances.

Think he was released a few days after having a shocker at home to Forest (who hadn’t scored a goal in about 2/3 months since they’d last played us) when they beat us 3-1.

Him and Delaney at the back were woeful and just let Forest stroll past them repeatedly. The pair of them may as well have been dressed as clowns and rode around the back on unicycles

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:28 - Aug 29 with 6684 viewsDyland

If you mean the worst performance in a Town shirt rather than worst footballer per se, in recent history it has to be Mark Fish, with Ingimarsson a close second for what I think was his last effort for us (he played alright in one game, maybe).

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:29 - Aug 29 with 6652 viewsFtnfwest

and throwing his shirt into the crowd not realising extra time was about to start. Still don't know why he did that, maybe he missed Donny's goal
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:29 - Aug 29 with 6664 viewsGiveusaWave

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:26 - Aug 29 by crossyitfc

Balint Bajner

Le Pen...and he cost a fortune. I'll never forget his first touch against Bolton...

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:30 - Aug 29 with 6656 viewsDyland

Pretty sure the same season or one before Chambers had a go at a free kick (eh?) that went almost out of the ground. I may have dreamed that one, but Toure's corner remains vivid because it was so fooking hilarious.

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:34 - Aug 29 with 6619 viewsSwailsey

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:30 - Aug 29 by Dyland

Pretty sure the same season or one before Chambers had a go at a free kick (eh?) that went almost out of the ground. I may have dreamed that one, but Toure's corner remains vivid because it was so fooking hilarious.

No that happened!

People were indecisive about who should take it so he stepped up, but slipped and it went over the stand nearly.

Poor fella.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:38 - Aug 29 with 6591 viewsSamWhiteUK

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:30 - Aug 29 by Dyland

See I never saw the corner. What was it that happened? I've read about it numerous times but can never remember - did he fall over? Trip over the flag or something?
Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:41 - Aug 29 with 6576 viewsiamipswich

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:38 - Aug 29 by SamWhiteUK

See I never saw the corner. What was it that happened? I've read about it numerous times but can never remember - did he fall over? Trip over the flag or something?

Birmingham at home I believe. On TV. Booted the corner flag and it dribbled pathetically.

I may be confusing it with Lee Martin's similar effort a couple of years earlier.

Wow we have been blessed with some amateur moments over the years!

Poll: Who will return first?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:42 - Aug 29 with 6557 viewsoncebluealwaysblue

Guirane N'Daw.

Absolutely abysmal player.
Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:42 - Aug 29 with 6556 viewsDyland

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:38 - Aug 29 by SamWhiteUK

He fell over and the ball bounced straight out. Most fans laughed. Some groaned. A few fans with no sense of humour had a tantrum. Toure laughed. You HAD to fooking laugh.

Oh, good! on 12:43 - Aug 29 with 6540 viewsDyland

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:34 - Aug 29 by Swailsey

No that happened!

People were indecisive about who should take it so he stepped up, but slipped and it went over the stand nearly.

Poor fella.

Literal lollers innit.

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:44 - Aug 29 with 6529 viewsDyland

Uppie for mentioning that corner kick on 12:41 - Aug 29 by iamipswich

Birmingham at home I believe. On TV. Booted the corner flag and it dribbled pathetically.

I may be confusing it with Lee Martin's similar effort a couple of years earlier.

Wow we have been blessed with some amateur moments over the years!

I remember him falling over as well but that may be a false memory. I'm the other side of NU. But yes, the ball "dribbled pathetically" out, that's a good description :)

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:45 - Aug 29 with 6518 viewsThe_Major

Sorry, still can't beat the Duncan era gem. Step forward Chris O'Donnell.
Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:48 - Aug 29 with 6510 viewsDyland

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:28 - Aug 29 by Superblue95

Think he was released a few days after having a shocker at home to Forest (who hadn’t scored a goal in about 2/3 months since they’d last played us) when they beat us 3-1.

Him and Delaney at the back were woeful and just let Forest stroll past them repeatedly. The pair of them may as well have been dressed as clowns and rode around the back on unicycles

"The pair of them may as well have been dressed as clowns and rode around the back on unicycles."

I love how every couple of months we reflect on the comedic sh1t stuff from recent years.

I fooking love footy

COYFB

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:48 - Aug 29 with 6484 viewsRadlett_blue

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:09 - Aug 29 by Steve_M

Vernon Brekke-Skaard was probably had the least ability of the modern era, no idea why Royle thought he could play at this level.

Abou scored against Sheffield United in the 90s so doesn't belong on this list for that alone. He was a long way down the list of bad loanees Burley bought in.

I saw Skard make one of his Town appearances at Watford & I don't think he passed the ball to a blue shirt once in the match. I have never seen a footballer look so much out of his depth.
Be very afraid - he is believed to be studying for his UEFA "A" Licence.
"Hello! Mr Evans! Mr Evans!"

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:49 - Aug 29 with 6497 viewsGuthrum

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:07 - Aug 29 by SouperJim

His first match (away at Bristol) was pretty good. Then he got injured in training and was never the same thereafter.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:51 - Aug 29 with 6478 viewsthatdamgood89

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:42 - Aug 29 by oncebluealwaysblue

Guirane N'Daw.

Absolutely abysmal player.

Sorry what? N'Daw was a good strong midfield enforcer the type every championship team needs. I wish we could have kept him.
I'll never forget Wolves away when in Karl Henry's own backyard, now not forgetting Henry was also a player who liked to mix it and stamp his authority onto a game N'Daw had him up in the air within the first 30 seconds letting Henry know this was N'Daw's playground for the next 90. Henry then proceeded to hide, Wolves lost their bite and we won 2-0

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:52 - Aug 29 with 6477 viewsMVBlue

Worst player to ever put on a town shirt? on 12:09 - Aug 29 by Steve_M

No it is Leon Best. He was dreadful vs Lincoln City when a non league team schooled us. Poor attitude, poor touch, poor effort, poor skill, poor fitness.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024