Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norfolk trip recommendations 14:44 - Aug 29 with 1785 viewskizaitfc

Staying in Norfolk for a couple of nights in October and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of places to visit or things to do for a couple in mid 20s.

Staying to the east of Thetford so North Suffolk is also within driving distance.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Norfolk trip recommendations on 21:20 - Aug 29 with 1700 viewsWeWereZombies

Grimes Graves and Brandon Heritage Centre, if the weather is good a walk in Thetford Forest to Sanfon Downham. Banham Zoo, West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village, Bressingham Steam Museum and Gardens, Dad's Army and Ancient House museums in Thetford.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Norfolk trip recommendations on 21:42 - Aug 29 with 1658 viewsEly_Blue

If you are choosing to stay in Norfolk then I would say you need to have a word with yourself!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Norfolk trip recommendations on 09:10 - Aug 30 with 1508 viewsGeoffSentence

For a truly authentic experience take your sister with you for entertainment.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Norfolk trip recommendations on 09:29 - Aug 30 with 1474 viewsBlueinBrum

The A140 does a lovely route back to Suffolk.
Norfolk trip recommendations on 09:34 - Aug 30 with 1459 viewsNthQldITFC

Norfolk trip recommendations on 21:42 - Aug 29 by Ely_Blue

If you are choosing to stay in Norfolk then I would say you need to have a word with yourself!

Let's not be silly, both Norfolk and Suffolk are beautiful counties.

I was counting off the attractions of the two with a friend from Norfolk recently, and he actually came up with 20% more than I did.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Norfolk trip recommendations on 09:39 - Aug 30 with 1446 viewsGodBlue

Get yourself over to Horsey Gap go see the seals. Bit of a drive, but well worth it.

If the weather’s nice, park at Sea Palling (arcade here too!) and walk along the beach to them. You’ll start seeing them in the sea relatively soon, but the colony is a half hour walk or so.

If the weather’s not so friendly, park at Horsey, but then I’d recommend driving around the coast towards Wells (good pancake restaurant in a boat - The Albatross - in the harbour) and then maybe Holkham beach.

The Victoria at holkham is a really nice Adnams pub for lunch... or was a couple of years ago. But there’s no shortage of excellent pubs out that way.

Have fun!

Poll: After 778 days, what’s improved since Paul Lambert arrived?

Norfolk trip recommendations on 09:42 - Aug 30 with 1439 viewsagc232

Norfolk trip recommendations on 21:20 - Aug 29 by WeWereZombies

Grimes Graves and Brandon Heritage Centre, if the weather is good a walk in Thetford Forest to Sanfon Downham. Banham Zoo, West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village, Bressingham Steam Museum and Gardens, Dad's Army and Ancient House museums in Thetford.

as recommended, you can also try parking at Brandon Country Park and walking through to High Lodge - if you have mountain bikes, you can take the various paths and trails around there.

Parking at Brandon Country Park is a lot cheaper and its approx. 45-90 mins walk depending on the route you take!

agc232

Norfolk trip recommendations on 10:15 - Aug 30 with 1393 viewsChurchman

Norfolk is a beautiful county. We stayed near Wymondham for a few days recently and spent time in Cromer, Sheringham, Wells, Broadlands and tootled round a fair chunk of it.

The only place I’d avoid is Great Yarmouth. My mum was born there and I loved visiting it as a child, but it’s a right old dump. The last time I’d been was for my grandmothers funeral 29 years ago. It hadn’t improved!
Login to get fewer ads

Norfolk trip recommendations on 10:24 - Aug 30 with 1377 viewsDeano69

Could try their Ed Sheeran exhibition, oh wait, that's in Suffolk

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Norfolk trip recommendations on 10:42 - Aug 30 with 1354 viewsElephantintheRoom

Lotus driiving academy is an interesting and fun experience. Very Town like for people beyond their mid-20s as Lotus used to be very good back in the day - Emma Peal's carraige of choice.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Norfolk trip recommendations on 10:43 - Aug 30 with 1352 viewschicoazul

Don't got to Norfolk in your mid 20s.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Norfolk trip recommendations on 10:44 - Aug 30 with 1350 viewsTangledupin_Blue

You could spend a day at the Norwich Open-Topped Bus Museum. There is a particularly pristine model which had just one outing; when the local football team paraded through the city to celebrate their 3rd place finish in Division Three (South) in 1932.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Norfolk trip recommendations on 10:53 - Aug 30 with 1335 viewsgiant_stow

Norfolk trip recommendations on 09:39 - Aug 30 by GodBlue

Get yourself over to Horsey Gap go see the seals. Bit of a drive, but well worth it.

If the weather’s nice, park at Sea Palling (arcade here too!) and walk along the beach to them. You’ll start seeing them in the sea relatively soon, but the colony is a half hour walk or so.

If the weather’s not so friendly, park at Horsey, but then I’d recommend driving around the coast towards Wells (good pancake restaurant in a boat - The Albatross - in the harbour) and then maybe Holkham beach.

The Victoria at holkham is a really nice Adnams pub for lunch... or was a couple of years ago. But there’s no shortage of excellent pubs out that way.

Have fun!

Going the other way from Horsey, Winterton is gorgeous too. I got a broads day boat from Sutton Staithe the other day - very cute waterways from there around Barton Broad. All a bit far from Thetford maybe, unless the op doesn't mind a drive.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Norfolk trip recommendations on 12:37 - Aug 30 with 1272 viewsTractorWood

Norfolk trip recommendations on 09:42 - Aug 30 by agc232

as recommended, you can also try parking at Brandon Country Park and walking through to High Lodge - if you have mountain bikes, you can take the various paths and trails around there.

Parking at Brandon Country Park is a lot cheaper and its approx. 45-90 mins walk depending on the route you take!

Agree with all of this. The Elveden Inn is a nice place with lots of beers on too.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024