Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? 22:09 - Aug 29 with 4149 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Don't expect many changes for this one, apart from in central defence:

Holy

KVY
Chambers
Woolfenden
Kenlock

Edwards
Downes
Skuse
Judge

Norwood
Jackson

Still can't help but think there's a better system to get Judge more involved though....

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 22:48 - Aug 29 with 4055 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'd like to see Nolan back in the side once fit.

This week probably too soon.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:19 - Aug 30 with 3876 viewsPilgrimblue

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 22:48 - Aug 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'd like to see Nolan back in the side once fit.

This week probably too soon.

Agreed but with so many midfield options not sure which is best! Those that don't get in may have to rely on impressing from the bench like Huws Dozzy or via cup games as season unfolds.
I'm still 442 with Georgiou playing big part and of course Garbutt returning as left back. So all round the squad is looking good.
Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:22 - Aug 30 with 3859 viewsHerbivore

Rowe or Georgiou for Judge.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:29 - Aug 30 with 3839 viewsBLUEBEAT

Reverting to 4-2-3-1 is how to get the best from Judge but that would mean dropping Jackson.

Would rather stay 4-4-2 and have the little fella come on as an impact sub.

Poll: W or W

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:38 - Aug 30 with 3813 viewsGuthrum

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:22 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Rowe or Georgiou for Judge.

May well be Georgiou to get a start, with Judge coming off the bench.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:43 - Aug 30 with 3792 viewschicoazul

Seems very unfair to change Wilson out after keeping a clean sheet but apart from that your lineup is what I would go with. Lambert likes the odd surprise in midfield though and Huws is supposedly fully fit now so with Downes having played every game so far it might be his turn to sit out.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:48 - Aug 30 with 3769 viewsIpswichKnight

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:43 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

Seems very unfair to change Wilson out after keeping a clean sheet but apart from that your lineup is what I would go with. Lambert likes the odd surprise in midfield though and Huws is supposedly fully fit now so with Downes having played every game so far it might be his turn to sit out.

My guess is that Downes will sit out the game with the spuds yoofs. Agreed it's harsh on Wilson but Woolfy deserves his starting place.

Not sure I really want to see Judge out wide again especially as we need some pace out wide.
Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:55 - Aug 30 with 3755 viewsfloridaboy

Don't see how Wilson can be dropped/rested! Can see the same side that started last week if honest.

Georgy for Edwards maybe but why change a winning side!
Login to get fewer ads

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 10:46 - Aug 30 with 3587 viewsOsborneOneNil

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:19 - Aug 30 by Pilgrimblue

Agreed but with so many midfield options not sure which is best! Those that don't get in may have to rely on impressing from the bench like Huws Dozzy or via cup games as season unfolds.
I'm still 442 with Georgiou playing big part and of course Garbutt returning as left back. So all round the squad is looking good.

It'll almost be a shame to have Garbutt at left back though, seeing as he scored in both his games when playing further forward.

All of a sudden we appear to have a lot of options!
Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 10:48 - Aug 30 with 3579 viewsOsborneOneNil

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:43 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

Mayhem once Bish gets back fit too. Bishop, Huws, Nolan......none have played (Huws a bit) and are all well worthy of being in the team every week. Then factor is Skuse, Downes, Judge, Tony, Garbutt, Rowe, Dozzell, Edwards.

Crikey.
Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:06 - Aug 30 with 3544 viewsMrTown

Wouldn't change too much, getting really positive results, had a really positive start, starting to find consistency throughout the team - formation, defensive pairings, central midfield pair, front two.

Holy
KVY - Chambers - Woolfenden - Kenlock
Edwards - Skuse - Downes - Georgiou
Jackson - Norwood

Would get Georgiou in as a real outlet on the wings, holding the touchline, think Salty Town will be a difficult side to break down, kept 3 clean sheets in 5 league games. 3 big lumps at the back, very similar to Wimbeldon I feel. Need pace and width.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:09 - Aug 30 with 3538 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 08:38 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

May well be Georgiou to get a start, with Judge coming off the bench.

Isn't Georgiou here as left back? I think he will be in for Kenlock.

Rowe has been one of our best players, hasn't he? He will play instead of Judge.

Judge, Nolan and Edwards will provide options off the bench. Will Keane be fit enough for the bench too? That will give a lot of options if needed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:21 - Aug 30 with 3507 viewsMrTown

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:09 - Aug 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Rowe has been one of our best players, hasn't he? He will play instead of Judge.

Judge, Nolan and Edwards will provide options off the bench. Will Keane be fit enough for the bench too? That will give a lot of options if needed.

Having seen him against Wimbeldon, could be supressing a real asset from the left wing role.

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:25 - Aug 30 with 3494 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:21 - Aug 30 by MrTown

Having seen him against Wimbeldon, could be supressing a real asset from the left wing role.

I think PL's idea when bringing him in was Garbutt LM with Georgiou behind him. I can see that offering a lot going forward as well defensively.

Maybe playing Georgiou LM until Garbutt is fit makes sense but I expect Rowe to start.

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:29 - Aug 30 with 3486 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would expect:

Holy

KVY
Chambers
Woolfenden
Georgiou

Rowe
Downes
Skuse
Dozzell

Norwood
Jackson

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:41 - Aug 30 with 3467 viewsMrTown

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:29 - Aug 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would expect:

Holy

KVY
Chambers
Woolfenden
Georgiou

Rowe
Downes
Skuse
Dozzell

Norwood
Jackson

Dozzell left midfield and Georgiou left back?

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:53 - Aug 30 with 3449 viewsNthQldITFC

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:09 - Aug 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

'Will Keane be fit enough for the bench too...'

Is that a question, or are you a Cornishman making a statement?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 12:30 - Aug 30 with 3396 viewsOsborneOneNil

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 11:29 - Aug 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would expect:

Holy

KVY
Chambers
Woolfenden
Georgiou

Rowe
Downes
Skuse
Dozzell

Norwood
Jackson

Be surprised if Dozzell starts.
Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 12:12 - Aug 31 with 3228 viewspointofblue

I expect Woolfenden for Wilson but otherwise the same XI which faced Bolton.

There are two ways we could play Judge in his rightful position - either drop Jackson for Rowe or Georgiou or go for a narrow diamond, bringing in Huws or Dozzell for Edwards. The latter depends on how much Lambert trusts the full backs.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 12:26 - Aug 31 with 3204 viewsCokeIsKey

-----------------Holy-------------
KVV----Chambers---Woolf----George
----------------Skuse-------------
------Flynn--------------Huws-----
----------------Judge--------------
----Norwood-------Jackson-------

I feel like a 4-1-2-1-2 would be good for us today, as it means we can play Huws at CM while keeping Downes and Skuse as they have been playing so well. Judge can play at his preferred position and the Norwood Jackson partnership stays. What's more, we can play KVV and Georgiou at fullbacks (Georgiou played there for Spurs) as they look skilled going forward, and can provide width for the formation. This is more attacking than 4-4-2, and therefore is more suited to us for a game like this.

[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 12:26]

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 12:27 - Aug 31 with 3200 viewsBLUEBEAT

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 12:26 - Aug 31 by CokeIsKey

I feel like a 4-1-2-1-2 would be good for us today, as it means we can play Huws at CM while keeping Downes and Skuse as they have been playing so well. Judge can play at his preferred position and the Norwood Jackson partnership stays. What's more, we can play KVV and Georgiou at fullbacks (Georgiou played there for Spurs) as they look skilled going forward, and can provide width for the formation. This is more attacking than 4-4-2, and therefore is more suited to us for a game like this.

I like that

Poll: W or W

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 12:33 - Aug 31 with 3179 viewspointofblue

Line-up for game against Salty Town FC? on 12:26 - Aug 31 by CokeIsKey

How are Vincent-Young and Georgiou defensively? The risk is us being caught short at the back with this formation though it is good offensively.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024