Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bent, Marcus 08:29 - Aug 30 with 3146 viewsartsbossbeard

Looks a bit frail in this video, don't you think?

He had a bit of pace about him.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Bent, Marcus on 08:31 - Aug 30 with 3067 viewsportmanking

Class A drugs will do that to you...
Bent, Marcus on 08:35 - Aug 30 with 3031 viewsMullet

He was a class player, just felt like fans never warmed to him from memory. Didn't he put a bit in the programme or paper about not just running about for the sake of it, which kind of goes against that video!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bent, Marcus on 08:41 - Aug 30 with 2960 viewschicoazul

What the hell has happened to his head???

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bent, Marcus on 08:49 - Aug 30 with 2883 viewsMoriarty

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2616718-the-unra

fka omuircheartaigh

Bent, Marcus on 08:54 - Aug 30 with 2835 viewsHeathlander

He could have been a fantastic player. He had everything, pace, strength power and technique. He really should have played for England, he had the potential to be that good. Not sure why it didn't work out but in that video it said that Everton were his eight club already. So something may have been amiss.

I remember going into Town with my kids in the car along the one way system at the docks. We pulled up beside him in a convertible car of some sort. I said look kids it's Marcus Bent. He heard, smiled and stuck his tongue out at the kids which made them laugh. He seemed like a nice fella.
Bent, Marcus on 09:36 - Aug 30 with 2597 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bent, Marcus on 08:49 - Aug 30 by Moriarty

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2616718-the-unra

Really interesting, I didn't know the half of that (and the article no doubt only scratches the surface).

Someone else who struggled to cope with the end of his career. It must be so hard to go from halving all your time mapped out with training and game time, with just the odd summer break thrown in, and having the buzz of the crowd and their occasional adoration...to nothing.

Sounds like he just flipped, not helped by the drugs of course. [edit, I see the PFA tries to 'rehabilitate ex-footballers as it were, but seems there's minimal support available to them].
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 9:38]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bent, Marcus on 09:46 - Aug 30 with 2530 viewsrickw

Bent, Marcus on 08:54 - Aug 30 by Heathlander

He could have been a fantastic player. He had everything, pace, strength power and technique. He really should have played for England, he had the potential to be that good. Not sure why it didn't work out but in that video it said that Everton were his eight club already. So something may have been amiss.

I remember going into Town with my kids in the car along the one way system at the docks. We pulled up beside him in a convertible car of some sort. I said look kids it's Marcus Bent. He heard, smiled and stuck his tongue out at the kids which made them laugh. He seemed like a nice fella.

My view on him was he always tried hard and ran when he started out at a club, then got comfortable and stopped putting in the effort, lost his place and moved on - hence the 13 clubs or whatever number it got to!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Bent, Marcus on 10:26 - Aug 30 with 2356 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bent, Marcus on 09:36 - Aug 30 by Swansea_Blue

Really interesting, I didn't know the half of that (and the article no doubt only scratches the surface).

Someone else who struggled to cope with the end of his career. It must be so hard to go from halving all your time mapped out with training and game time, with just the odd summer break thrown in, and having the buzz of the crowd and their occasional adoration...to nothing.

Sounds like he just flipped, not helped by the drugs of course. [edit, I see the PFA tries to 'rehabilitate ex-footballers as it were, but seems there's minimal support available to them].
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 9:38]

Very interesting.

Somewhere the money that is in the game should see some channelled into better provision for the transition of players and looking after those pros who never quite made the big time and struggle to make ends meet.

The taser incident (clearly fully justified to ensure the officers' safety here) reminds me of the tragic case with Dalian Atkinson.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Bent, Marcus on 10:46 - Aug 30 with 2273 viewschicoazul

Bent, Marcus on 08:49 - Aug 30 by Moriarty

Weird how we hear about these episodes all the time happening to people on drugs and yet so many other people want to legalise them.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Bent, Marcus on 12:21 - Aug 30 with 2108 viewseireblue

Bent, Marcus on 10:46 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

Weird how we hear about these episodes all the time happening to people on drugs and yet so many other people want to legalise them.

Yep, ban alcohol.
Bent, Marcus on 12:23 - Aug 30 with 2092 viewsBrixtonBlue

Bent, Marcus on 10:46 - Aug 30 by chicoazul

Doesn't matter how much it's explained to you, you still remain ignorant.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Bent, Marcus on 12:24 - Aug 30 with 2089 viewsartsbossbeard

Bent, Marcus on 12:21 - Aug 30 by eireblue

Yep, ban alcohol.

Can we do this after midnight tomorrow, please?

I've got a night on the pop planned. Ta.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Bent, Marcus on 12:24 - Aug 30 with 2087 viewsLesta_Tractor

Bent, Marcus on 12:21 - Aug 30 by eireblue

Yep, ban alcohol.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Bent, Marcus on 12:38 - Aug 30 with 2027 viewseireblue

Bent, Marcus on 12:24 - Aug 30 by Lesta_Tractor

Well, of course, just think of George Best, Gazza and many others.

I think that is the point Chico is making.

Chico is also a teetotaller and doesn’t support the industry that has brought death and misery to thousands. I would assume.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 12:39]
Bent, Marcus on 12:53 - Aug 30 with 1969 viewsLesta_Tractor

Bent, Marcus on 12:38 - Aug 30 by eireblue

Well, of course, just think of George Best, Gazza and many others.

I think that is the point Chico is making.

Chico is also a teetotaller and doesn’t support the industry that has brought death and misery to thousands. I would assume.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2019 12:39]

that's a bit binary, I'm sure there's something in the middle of teetotaler and fully blown alcoholic.

Bent, Marcus on 13:16 - Aug 30 with 1910 viewseireblue

Bent, Marcus on 12:53 - Aug 30 by Lesta_Tractor

that's a bit binary, I'm sure there's something in the middle of teetotaler and fully blown alcoholic.

Hmmm, so are you trying to say, moderate usage of a recreational substance should be seen as okay?

And criminalising a supply chain, and so causing misery and death, would be a bad thing?

But you could still make people responsible for their behaviour, e.g. as in drunk or stoned driving, is that the sort of thing you mean?

Interesting.

You should talk to Chico about that idea.
Bent, Marcus on 13:35 - Aug 30 with 1832 viewsSouthBucksBlue

He’s the only Town player for whom I’ve ever heard his own supporters baying to the ref for him to be sent off after a foul for which he was booked. It was away against Wimbledon when they were using Selhurst Park.
He wasn’t very popular and hIs effort that day was woeful.
Bent, Marcus on 13:42 - Aug 30 with 1788 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Bent, Marcus on 10:26 - Aug 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Very interesting.

Somewhere the money that is in the game should see some channelled into better provision for the transition of players and looking after those pros who never quite made the big time and struggle to make ends meet.

The taser incident (clearly fully justified to ensure the officers' safety here) reminds me of the tragic case with Dalian Atkinson.

Dalian had a bad illness which had a bad impact on his mental health. He was a fun guy, a bit mad but good fun before this.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Bent, Marcus on 13:45 - Aug 30 with 1776 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Marcus Bent was a great talent but his attitude didn't match this.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Bent, Marcus on 13:49 - Aug 30 with 1744 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Bent, Marcus on 08:54 - Aug 30 by Heathlander

Yep should have achieved more than he did. He was great for us in that short spell in the relegation year.
Bent, Marcus on 13:56 - Aug 30 with 1717 viewsLesta_Tractor

Bent, Marcus on 13:16 - Aug 30 by eireblue

Hmmm, so are you trying to say, moderate usage of a recreational substance should be seen as okay?

And criminalising a supply chain, and so causing misery and death, would be a bad thing?

But you could still make people responsible for their behaviour, e.g. as in drunk or stoned driving, is that the sort of thing you mean?

Interesting.

You should talk to Chico about that idea.

Well, I couldn't make a decent spaghetti without a glass of red in the pan and another glass in my hand...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024