Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury considering legal action against the EFL 17:51 - Aug 30 with 1254 viewspointofblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49526433

I'm devastated for the fans, and even proposed setting up a supporters fixture to take the place of the league match on 2nd November, but if these prospective owners wanted to take over why didn't they come forward earlier? Bury were in trouble long before Tuesday. And if they did, and were rejected by Dale, then he should be in the dock rather than the EFL.

Don't get me wrong, the EFL's handling of the whole affair was disgraceful. But if someone wanted to buy the club they did have plenty of time to put forward a package to do so.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 17:57 - Aug 30 with 1218 viewsActionMan

They've been made examples of - not the fans fault but the people behind the scenes should have got their sh1t together way ahead of this and while I think being kicked out of the league over a measly 2.5million or whatever they owe is massively heavy handed and silly given thats the cost of a Championship reserve player these days, the owners should have really got a grip of it. They should be in the dock though, well the previous owners I am told had more to do with the mess than current but either way.
Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 18:04 - Aug 30 with 1192 viewspointofblue

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 17:57 - Aug 30 by ActionMan

They've been made examples of - not the fans fault but the people behind the scenes should have got their sh1t together way ahead of this and while I think being kicked out of the league over a measly 2.5million or whatever they owe is massively heavy handed and silly given thats the cost of a Championship reserve player these days, the owners should have really got a grip of it. They should be in the dock though, well the previous owners I am told had more to do with the mess than current but either way.

Day left a complete and utter mess when he sold the club to Dale - the question is how much did Dale know about it. Did he think he could recover the situation or was he looking to take advantage of it? The media are questioning how a £70,000 debt grew to £7m, which is owned by the partner of Dale's daughter.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 18:29 - Aug 30 with 1150 viewsGuthrum

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 17:57 - Aug 30 by ActionMan

The EFL has done nothing wrong. The club, as represented by its owner, was refusing to conform to the League's rules, by not submitting the proper proofs that he had the money to keep the club running. It's explicitly an expelling offence and they have every right to kick his club out of their competition. It was nothing to do with the debt or how much was owed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 18:31 - Aug 30 with 1143 viewsGuthrum

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 18:04 - Aug 30 by pointofblue

Day left a complete and utter mess when he sold the club to Dale - the question is how much did Dale know about it. Did he think he could recover the situation or was he looking to take advantage of it? The media are questioning how a £70,000 debt grew to £7m, which is owned by the partner of Dale's daughter.

I get the impression that Dale didn't discover the full complexity of the finances until after he'd bought the club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 20:52 - Aug 30 with 1005 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bury couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

EFL won't be concerned.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 21:47 - Aug 30 with 905 viewsthatdamgood89

Considering they can't pay their staff or bills how is an expensive court case

A) in their interest

B) even affordable

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 22:11 - Aug 30 with 865 viewsSuperblue95

Bury considering legal action against the EFL on 18:29 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

The EFL has done nothing wrong. The club, as represented by its owner, was refusing to conform to the League's rules, by not submitting the proper proofs that he had the money to keep the club running. It's explicitly an expelling offence and they have every right to kick his club out of their competition. It was nothing to do with the debt or how much was owed.

They gave them ample time and extended deadlines on more than one occasion too.

Sometimes enough is enough and they had to go unfortunately

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024