Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BIG MATCH TODAY 08:52 - Aug 31 with 3135 viewsunstableblue

There is a huge buzz about Town at the moment... can’t remember it being as good as this for a long time, and we’re attracting a crowd size better than many whilst in the Championship

But we’re still not the finished article on the pitch, as shown second half against Peterbrough and first half against Wimbledon, and The Shrews are a better outfit than our last two wins and they are seemingly well up for it.

Team will need to be on it, Norwood will need to take his chances (pleased he admitted his profligacy after Bolton and wants to improve).

The Judge dilemma needs sorting, and I feel half the problem has been his mind set, and that he can deliver value out wide. Do we need bothering Skuse and Downes at home? Huws looks sharp.

I’m really looking forward to seeing KVY at home, he is going to be a big impact on the season and team - he looked (finally) to be a proper full back, who can venture forwar.

A win today and the Town really will be rocking

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

One tactic for Judge.... on 10:23 - Aug 31 with 2577 viewsunstableblue

... we need a runner to move the Shrews defence about.

In our Bolton starting 11, that is only really Edwards... and a far advanced Jackson.

Rowe and Mizouni can run at defences.

But was thinking if we play judge wide right... he can go to number 10 at times... skuse drops into right back... and KVY is the one to bomb at the defence???

Only on occasion but that can work

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:27 - Aug 31 with 2561 viewsTerra_Farma

Bob on mate.
BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:28 - Aug 31 with 2553 viewsTractorCam

We could really do with an early goal to set the tone as Shrewsbury seem fairly solid at the back.

You can't drop Skuse or Downes, without a doubt our best 2 players so far this season. Both have proven they can have an affect in attack as well.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:32 - Aug 31 with 2535 viewsunstableblue

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:28 - Aug 31 by TractorCam

We could really do with an early goal to set the tone as Shrewsbury seem fairly solid at the back.

You can't drop Skuse or Downes, without a doubt our best 2 players so far this season. Both have proven they can have an affect in attack as well.

Yes broadly agree on Skuse/Downes... as long as they are working on that ability for one to sit and the other to push forward and pull the defence off downs and Jackson

Skuse/Hyam, skuse/Douglas etc etc always seemed to fail... apart from the odd game where one bombed on...

An effective central midfield two is key to our success

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:33 - Aug 31 with 2536 viewsstrikalite

Better attendances than in the Championship, would love to put this one to Chris Sutton on behalf of the "deluded" fans...
BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:35 - Aug 31 with 2531 viewsbournemouthblue

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:33 - Aug 31 by strikalite

Better attendances than in the Championship, would love to put this one to Chris Sutton on behalf of the "deluded" fans...

Indeed, it's also worth noting that attendances went up last season despite the lowly position?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:44 - Aug 31 with 2486 viewsBackToRussia

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:35 - Aug 31 by bournemouthblue

Indeed, it's also worth noting that attendances went up last season despite the lowly position?

Which is exactly what a lot of Mick outers said would happen, and were mocked for it by Inners. To be fair.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

One tactic for Judge.... on 10:46 - Aug 31 with 2470 viewsStokieBlue

One tactic for Judge.... on 10:23 - Aug 31 by unstableblue

... we need a runner to move the Shrews defence about.

In our Bolton starting 11, that is only really Edwards... and a far advanced Jackson.

Rowe and Mizouni can run at defences.

But was thinking if we play judge wide right... he can go to number 10 at times... skuse drops into right back... and KVY is the one to bomb at the defence???

Only on occasion but that can work

Surely Georgiou is the player you are describing? He can run at anyone better than our other players given the limited amount I saw the other night.

SB
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 11:07]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:46 - Aug 31 with 2465 viewsHerbivore

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:32 - Aug 31 by unstableblue

Yes broadly agree on Skuse/Downes... as long as they are working on that ability for one to sit and the other to push forward and pull the defence off downs and Jackson

Skuse/Hyam, skuse/Douglas etc etc always seemed to fail... apart from the odd game where one bombed on...

An effective central midfield two is key to our success

Downes is nothing like Douglas or Hyam though. Just because he can tackle it doesn't mean he's a holding player, he's a box to box player. Huws can tackle, Bishop can tackle, they are both box to box players too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:54 - Aug 31 with 2416 viewsPJH

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:46 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

Downes is nothing like Douglas or Hyam though. Just because he can tackle it doesn't mean he's a holding player, he's a box to box player. Huws can tackle, Bishop can tackle, they are both box to box players too.

Exactly right, I am finding it hard to understand why some people seem to insist on seeing playing our two best players at the moment (Downes and Skuse) is a negative thing.
Downes is not exclusively a defensive midfield player and in time he may well become a complete midfield player, he already does most of the things that a complete midfield player does.
BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:56 - Aug 31 with 2407 viewsHerbivore

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:44 - Aug 31 by BackToRussia

Which is exactly what a lot of Mick outers said would happen, and were mocked for it by Inners. To be fair.

The outers also felt Mick was holding us back on the pitch and we'd improve after he left. To be fair.

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:57 - Aug 31 with 2398 viewsHerbivore

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:33 - Aug 31 by strikalite

I'm not sure gloating that we're now a division three side is really the way to go.

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:59 - Aug 31 with 2383 viewsBackToRussia

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:56 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

The outers also felt Mick was holding us back on the pitch and we'd improve after he left. To be fair.

Fine to be optimistic isn't it. But there was always the core of a principled opposition to the style, even if it meant we didn't do as well results wise, and that has been carried through now into reality.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Let it go hun..... on 11:01 - Aug 31 with 2375 viewsBloots

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:44 - Aug 31 by BackToRussia

…..he's gone.

He's not even our previous manager.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:02 - Aug 31 with 2370 viewsPJH

BIG MATCH TODAY on 10:59 - Aug 31 by BackToRussia

Fine to be optimistic isn't it. But there was always the core of a principled opposition to the style, even if it meant we didn't do as well results wise, and that has been carried through now into reality.

Ah, entertainment over results-something that I have never understood but obviously some people see results as secondary.
One tactic for Judge.... on 11:06 - Aug 31 with 2348 viewsunstableblue

One tactic for Judge.... on 10:46 - Aug 31 by StokieBlue

Surely Georgiou is the player you are describing? He can run at anyone better than our other players given the limited amount I saw the other night.

SB
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 11:07]

You’re right Stokie....

Such is the scale of our sqaud... you forget he’s really pushing,
Edwards, El Mizouni and Rowe for a place... and unlike them he can support Kenlock more effectively

We really do have competition all over the pitch... and Lambert is prepared to change.. avoids the disease of limp player performances that have kept the fan base away

COYB

Let it go hun..... on 11:08 - Aug 31 with 2333 viewsBackToRussia

Let it go hun..... on 11:01 - Aug 31 by Bloots

…..he's gone.

He's not even our previous manager.

Er, so? Is there some sort of rule where you can only discuss the current manager?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:09 - Aug 31 with 2326 viewsBackToRussia

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:02 - Aug 31 by PJH

Ah, entertainment over results-something that I have never understood but obviously some people see results as secondary.

You don't understand wanting to be entertained by football?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:18 - Aug 31 with 2295 viewsHerbivore

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:09 - Aug 31 by BackToRussia

That's not what he said. He said he doesn't get placing entertainment over results. Ideally we'd like both of course, but I agree with him that as a Town supporter a win is the main thing. I'd never go away from a turgid performance like the AFC game and claim I'd rather we'd lost 4-3.

I reckon you fancy him. (n/t) on 11:19 - Aug 31 with 2288 viewsBloots

Let it go hun..... on 11:08 - Aug 31 by BackToRussia

Er, so? Is there some sort of rule where you can only discuss the current manager?

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:20 - Aug 31 with 2284 viewsPJH

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:09 - Aug 31 by BackToRussia

I don't understand somebody putting "entertainment" ahead of their teams results.
Result first and if getting the result is entertaining so much the better.
I reckon you fancy him. (n/t) on 11:22 - Aug 31 with 2267 viewsBackToRussia

I reckon you fancy him. (n/t) on 11:19 - Aug 31 by Bloots

Cool.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:22 - Aug 31 with 2267 viewsPJH

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:18 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

That's not what he said. He said he doesn't get placing entertainment over results. Ideally we'd like both of course, but I agree with him that as a Town supporter a win is the main thing. I'd never go away from a turgid performance like the AFC game and claim I'd rather we'd lost 4-3.

This is 100% what I mean.
BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:26 - Aug 31 with 2237 viewsBackToRussia

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:18 - Aug 31 by Herbivore

No one ever wants to lose. The argument is against playing 'negatively' as a default style, hoping to constrain the opposition before you think about taking it to them. Yes it's more of a gamble and it can go very wrong, but my point was, Mick outers always said they'd enjoy it more that way and they have stayed true to their word.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:30 - Aug 31 with 2211 viewsTheBoyBlue

BIG MATCH TODAY on 11:20 - Aug 31 by PJH

I don't understand somebody putting "entertainment" ahead of their teams results.
Result first and if getting the result is entertaining so much the better.

The problem with Mick was apart from 14-15, he'd got us stuck in some kind of dull groundhog day. Neither entertaining, nor particularly spectacular results. We were just there. We needed entertainment or else the fanbase was likely to continue dwindling and Mick was unlikely to give us that more than in once a blue moon. Obviously would've preferred results to get better as the entertainment did, but something had to be done to break the monotony and I'm hopeful that although we took a few steps back that we have the right the manager to at least get us challenging in the Championship with entertaining football. For now though, I'm just enjoying winning more regularly with some entertainment.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024