Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border 09:37 - Aug 31 with 1017 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-49526876

We should not rush to lay the appearance of what we hoped had ended thirty years ago in Ulster at Nigel Farage's door but his rabble rousing cannot have helped.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 9:37]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 09:39 - Aug 31 with 994 viewsPJH

and Rangers v Celtic tomorrow.
Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 10:51 - Aug 31 with 926 viewsWeWereZombies

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 09:39 - Aug 31 by PJH

That's true, some years ago I encountered the 'how the hell do you get onto the M8 when you do not know your way around Glasgow' problem (also the subject of a Billy Connolly skit and I would assume he does know his way around Glasgow) and ended up driving on roads that were full of Celtic supporters on their way to Neil Lennon's final home match as manager. Never seen so many tricolours in my life. But they were a very well behaved lot.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 11:26]

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 10:53 - Aug 31 with 923 viewspointofblue

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 09:39 - Aug 31 by PJH

Haven’t both clubs been done for sectarian chanting recently as well? I know Rangers definitely have.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 11:16 - Aug 31 with 885 viewsGlasgowBlue

Every time Rangers and Celtic play each other there are riots and often fatal stabbings. To try and score a cheap political point by blaming Farage for centuries of Scottish sectarianism is pretty pathetic imo.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 11:19]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 11:27 - Aug 31 with 850 viewsWeWereZombies

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 11:16 - Aug 31 by GlasgowBlue

Every time Rangers and Celtic play each other there are riots and often fatal stabbings. To try and score a cheap political point by blaming Farage for centuries of Scottish sectarianism is pretty pathetic imo.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 11:19]

I said he had contributed to stirring things up, not that he had started it. That is not that difficult to understand, is it?

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 12:08 - Aug 31 with 810 viewsGlasgowBlue

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 11:27 - Aug 31 by WeWereZombies

I said he had contributed to stirring things up, not that he had started it. That is not that difficult to understand, is it?

Nigel Farage has contributed not one iota to Scottish sectarianism. These people are taught to loathe and hate each other whilst still in the womb.

Schools which have separate entrances, names and break times for catholics and Protestants is the norm.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 12:14]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 12:57 - Aug 31 with 765 viewsWeWereZombies

Perhaps we should be more worried about Govan than the Irish border on 12:08 - Aug 31 by GlasgowBlue

Nigel Farage has contributed not one iota to Scottish sectarianism. These people are taught to loathe and hate each other whilst still in the womb.

Schools which have separate entrances, names and break times for catholics and Protestants is the norm.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 12:14]

The more I think about it the crazier your previous post sounds, belittling fatal stabbings because it happens every time Rangers play Celtic? Actually it does not, and it is possible to have conversations with both Rangers and Celtic fans present on serious matters without it ending in a brawl. I know, I've done it. You can't treat the loss of life in such an offhand way as you did in that post and expect to get any retraction from me.

Now consider this, treating a disease by treating the symptoms has you forever running around treating one symptom after another. Treating a disease by identifying the cause and assessing what can be done about it gives a strategy that can either manage or eradicate the disease successfully and with, ultimately, less demand upon resources.

There was a link to an interesting article on Alan Sked, the founder of UKIP's predecessor party the Anti-Federalist League, posted on this forum a few months back in which Sked gave a damning opinion of Farage and branded him as not very bright. Nevertheless it is often those with a deficit in some or other part of their intellect who patch it up and disguise it with the use of crude methods and this is my assessment of Farage and his cronies. They have tapped into funds from other countries and into ways of subverting how campaigns are funded in order to destabilise more legitimate political parties and opponents. But not only will people opposed to Farage and his anti European Union stance suffer, most of those who sympathise with him will suffer in the long run.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024