Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone has been watching too much telly 10:04 - Aug 31 with 949 viewsGuthrum

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/30/sajid-javid-confronts-boris-joh

In that kind of work environment, I'd be inclined to organise a mass walk-out, see how well they can run their deparments with no staff. Disgusting behaviour.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Someone has been watching too much telly on 12:16 - Aug 31 with 859 viewsGeoffSentence

Welcome to Tory Britain where people fear for their jobs.

Actually I am surprised that they can get away with this sacking, everything that has come out so far is that she was not reponsible for any leaks, so unless there is some other severe misconduct that they can make stick there are employment procedures that should be gone through before sacking someone.

I hope she takes this to an employment tribunal.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Someone has been watching too much telly on 14:15 - Aug 31 with 807 viewsOldsmoker

Someone has been watching too much telly on 12:16 - Aug 31 by GeoffSentence

Actually I am surprised that they can get away with this sacking, everything that has come out so far is that she was not reponsible for any leaks, so unless there is some other severe misconduct that they can make stick there are employment procedures that should be gone through before sacking someone.

I feel the same way you do Geoff.
She went for a drink with friends who apparently were spads for a former minister who was in a ministerial position just a few months ago before all this Conservative new leader faff.
Dominic Cummings doesn't know what a friend is - I doubt he has many.
He seems to be running no 10 like Malcolm Tucker from "TheThick of it".

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Someone has been watching too much telly on 14:22 - Aug 31 with 793 viewsGuthrum

Someone has been watching too much telly on 14:15 - Aug 31 by Oldsmoker

I feel the same way you do Geoff.
She went for a drink with friends who apparently were spads for a former minister who was in a ministerial position just a few months ago before all this Conservative new leader faff.
Dominic Cummings doesn't know what a friend is - I doubt he has many.
He seems to be running no 10 like Malcolm Tucker from "TheThick of it".

Some people seem to mistake sweary bullying for strong leadership. In reality, all you do is alienate the competent and potential allies.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Someone has been watching too much telly on 14:31 - Aug 31 with 770 viewsOldsmoker

Someone has been watching too much telly on 14:22 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

Some people seem to mistake sweary bullying for strong leadership. In reality, all you do is alienate the competent and potential allies.

At one of my jobs I had a boss, that when you walked into his office, would say "I'm busy. WTF do you want?"
Thankfully he left for another job and the first time I walked into my new bosses office he said "Hi. How can I help?"
I liked the second boss especially as he got promoted to director and I got his job.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Someone has been watching too much telly on 14:58 - Aug 31 with 737 viewsBackToRussia

Someone has been watching too much telly on 14:22 - Aug 31 by Guthrum

This is about more than that, it's about making an example of her; aimed at those considering being disloyal to Boris and those thinking of leaking things to the press/opposition.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 14:59]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Someone has been watching too much telly on 16:22 - Aug 31 with 703 viewsRyorry

Yep, and so much for people "elected" into position - was going to say "what a joke" but it's too disgraceful to be remotely funny.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Someone has been watching too much telly on 16:28 - Aug 31 with 692 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Someone has been watching too much telly on 12:16 - Aug 31 by GeoffSentence

Unfortunately you are assuming she is contracted as an employee.

Rights that once were taken for granted are often circumvented by either making people self-employed, temporary contracts or possibly zero-hour contracts.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024