Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... 19:26 - Aug 31 with 2425 viewsunstableblue

... he was excellent in passages today... and at times dominant

It is maybe the division one quality.... but he simply didn't produce to this level... perhaps Downes drive is inspiring him

But how do we Huws and Nolan into the team?!?! And how do we give Dozzell the run of games he needs to develop?!?

Lovely problems to have

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:28 - Aug 31 with 2402 viewsJ2BLUE

Skuse has always been underrated.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:28 - Aug 31 with 2396 viewshomer_123

Nolan and Judge wont fit into a 442.

Skuse has been excellent.. that tackle to allow Rowe to play in Norwood for Jackson goal was superb.

Huws is more important to us than Nolan or Judge if we keep 442.

As Mills said earlier...imagine Garbutt at left back with Georgiou in front of him!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:40 - Aug 31 with 2322 viewsunstableblue

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:28 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

Agree Skuse is probably underrated, and also that under Mick he was instructed to not be expansive and stay imposition; but the way he is dominating games is new... and most welcome

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:46 - Aug 31 with 2288 viewsBlackboots

The drop down has suited Skuse. He looks so good at this level but was struggling in the championship.

I’m starting to understand why Hurst got it so very wrong, he just misjudged the gulf in quality between the two divisions. Skuse’s performances this season demonstrate it very well.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:59 - Aug 31 with 2247 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:46 - Aug 31 by Blackboots

The drop down has suited Skuse. He looks so good at this level but was struggling in the championship.

I’m starting to understand why Hurst got it so very wrong, he just misjudged the gulf in quality between the two divisions. Skuse’s performances this season demonstrate it very well.

This is unfair. Skuse is a classy footballer and was starting to purr under Lambert when he first came in but he then got injured. He gets to be a bit more expansive maybe in L1 but putting age to one side Skuse is one of a small number who could play prem. He wouldn't stand out as not his game.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 8:44]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 20:12 - Aug 31 with 2195 viewsVaughan8

Huws has to play when fit. He is a good championship player at his best!

But as you say, who do you drop? Difficult.

Maybe away from home playing 1 up front he can be the one behind the striker (I know everyone hates the one up front but I'm sure Lambert will use it at points)
Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 21:05 - Aug 31 with 2089 viewsBlackboots

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:59 - Aug 31 by Terry_Nutkins

This is unfair. Skuse is a classy footballer and was starting to purr under Lambert when he first came in but he then got injured. He gets to be a bit more expansive maybe in L1 but putting age to one side Skuse is one of a small number who could play prem. He wouldn't stand out as not his game.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 8:44]

I like Skuse and have done since he joined but I didn’t see him “purring” at any point last season . He’s a quality player but at 32-33 is past his prime. No criticism meant by this it’s just an observation and the reality for 99% of players his age.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 21:20 - Aug 31 with 2025 viewssundaze

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:46 - Aug 31 by Blackboots

Not sure about the gulf, Charlton just managed to make the play offs last season, now they stand second in the Championship.
Hurst just didn't have what was needed to manage a bigger club in a league that was a step too far for him.
It looks as if the same could be true for Nathan Jones at Stoke, he must be on borrowed time.
Login to get fewer ads

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 21:28 - Aug 31 with 1991 viewswkj

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 21:20 - Aug 31 by sundaze

Not sure about the gulf, Charlton just managed to make the play offs last season, now they stand second in the Championship.
Hurst just didn't have what was needed to manage a bigger club in a league that was a step too far for him.
It looks as if the same could be true for Nathan Jones at Stoke, he must be on borrowed time.

In all reality, It is beginning to look like Hurst doesn't know have what it takes to be a League 2 manager either, 1 point from 6 games and stone last in L2, I am pretty sure his career peak will have been his time with us, the same peak that was his downfall.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 21:36 - Aug 31 with 1946 viewsWickets

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 19:28 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

Skuse has always had this to his game , as Bristol fans will tell you just that for several seasons he was told just to sit in front of the back four often with someone else such as Douglas beside him . Great to see us playing on the front foot .
Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 05:30 - Sep 1 with 1755 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s always been a good player for us, with the exception of parts of last season which can probably be attributed to a mixture of injuries and the team being generally, well, cr*p

He looks even better now we’re in the third division

Not really rocket science

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 08:16 - Sep 1 with 1547 viewsMalcolmBlue

He's my player of the month for sure, been absolutely superb, level-headed and is the perfect ballast to let Downes flourish. Everyone's looked great so far this season but Skuse has looked classy.

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 08:47 - Sep 1 with 1487 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 21:05 - Aug 31 by Blackboots

I like Skuse and have done since he joined but I didn’t see him “purring” at any point last season . He’s a quality player but at 32-33 is past his prime. No criticism meant by this it’s just an observation and the reality for 99% of players his age.

He really was. Cant remember the opposition but he was stroking the ball around and a couple of superb passes. Lambert was raving about him after the game for his performances. Then he got injured and wasnt same player when he came back. Fully fit now and playing how he was.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 10:03 - Sep 1 with 1384 viewsSteve_M

Some of these Skuse performances under Lambert are a joy to watch... on 08:47 - Sep 1 by Terry_Nutkins

He really was. Cant remember the opposition but he was stroking the ball around and a couple of superb passes. Lambert was raving about him after the game for his performances. Then he got injured and wasnt same player when he came back. Fully fit now and playing how he was.

Yeah, I agree with that. In Lambert's first few games Skuse was very good, the turn and pass out to Sears on the left touchline for our first against Bristol City was excellent. That's my favourite goal from last season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024