Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contactless payment in the North Stand 22:21 - Aug 31 with 2731 viewsSuperfrans

Has nobody mentioned this, this season? A lot of people were very upset when it wasn’t available in the club - but they had this at the North Stand Lower bars today. Good stuff.

It was a busy North Stand today too, and yet the queues seemed to go down fairly quickly. Perhaps the contactless helped?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 22:30 - Aug 31 with 2665 viewsGarv

Do you know if it was it at every bar?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2019 22:31]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 22:35 - Aug 31 with 2628 viewsBlue_Order

Was a right treat when my throat had gone by half time and I went down for a bottle of water to then realise I didn’t have enough change on me.

“Ah gutted, you don’t take card do you?”

“We do now mate, we’ve finally moved into the 21st century!”
Contactless payment in the North Stand on 22:42 - Aug 31 with 2595 viewssuffolkpoker

Contactless will reduce ques at any bar.
It saves counting the money and going back and forth to the till.

I personally would make every bar contactless, plus it’s cheaper than banking cash for a business

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 22:44 - Aug 31 with 2580 viewsSuperfrans

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 22:30 - Aug 31 by Garv

I didn’t check every bar, but they did at the central one,

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 23:06 - Aug 31 with 2486 viewsthorpedo

The queues in North Upper were horrendous, and they do have contactless. Took me all of half time to get a drink, and many behind me still . Only two of the three tills were staffed. The two ladies working did their best, but the whole process was so slow.
The drinks should be within arms reach - plus they had no draught, only bottles which required opening. Many gave up. Big crowd, hot day - club lost a lot of potential revenue.

Thorpedo

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 23:22 - Aug 31 with 2426 viewsbackinbeige

My ex’s stepdad was an electrician and he much preferred cash in hand.
He always paid full tax on the income in his accounts.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 08:31 - Sep 1 with 2129 viewsbadadski

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 23:22 - Aug 31 by backinbeige

Was in upper Cobbold with little one and got served in 1 minute there with contactless.
Contactless payment in the North Stand on 09:01 - Sep 1 with 2031 viewsFixed_It

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 23:06 - Aug 31 by thorpedo

The queues in North Upper were horrendous, and they do have contactless. Took me all of half time to get a drink, and many behind me still . Only two of the three tills were staffed. The two ladies working did their best, but the whole process was so slow.
The drinks should be within arms reach - plus they had no draught, only bottles which required opening. Many gave up. Big crowd, hot day - club lost a lot of potential revenue.

I have no idea why they don't pre-pour the drinks - they would sell far more that way and I doubt the clientele would be bothered!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 09:13 - Sep 1 with 1967 viewsStewart27

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 23:22 - Aug 31 by backinbeige

😂
Contactless payment in the North Stand on 09:34 - Sep 1 with 1915 viewsGuthrum

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 09:01 - Sep 1 by Fixed_It

I have no idea why they don't pre-pour the drinks - they would sell far more that way and I doubt the clientele would be bothered!

But the staff end up incredibly pissed making sure all the waste is dealt with afterwards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 10:45 - Sep 1 with 1834 viewsstrikalite

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 23:06 - Aug 31 by thorpedo

"plus they had no draught, only bottles which required opening"...

It takes a few seconds to open a bottle, time is lost through pouring pints...
Contactless payment in the North Stand on 12:46 - Sep 1 with 1696 viewsSwailsey

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 22:30 - Aug 31 by Garv

Only half had them upstairs when I nipped up there - and even then one per bar only meaning waiting for another person to finish with it.

Still, an improvement I guess!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 16:03 - Sep 1 with 1546 viewsSuperfrans

Contactless payment in the North Stand on 12:46 - Sep 1 by Swailsey

Only half had them upstairs when I nipped up there - and even then one per bar only meaning waiting for another person to finish with it.

Still, an improvement I guess!

Maybe trialling it. To see whether it improves speed of service?
🤷🏻‍♂️

You’d think if they can use it in some tills, they can roll it out to all tills.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024