Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was our first goal bad from their perspective? 08:07 - Sep 1 with 959 viewstractorboy1978

I've seen Ricketts has said it was a sloppy goal to give away, "naive" and "we gave them a goal". You hear this all the time - it was a decent move and a great finish. We won the game because we have better players and outclassed them in moments, that is the short summary.
Was our first goal bad from their perspective? on 08:14 - Sep 1 with 938 viewsMullet

From memory Norwood plays a brilliant ball through but has drifted miles wide, and the defence has left Jackson. That's the problem when you have 352 and the there are 3 vs 2 at the back and in midfield. The spare man can mean two players assume the other is going to do something or move somewhere.

Catching them cold like that as they messed about with possession probably tore them apart from a tactical point of view.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Was our first goal bad from their perspective? on 08:56 - Sep 1 with 855 viewsFixed_It

Was our first goal bad from their perspective? on 08:14 - Sep 1 by Mullet

From memory Norwood plays a brilliant ball through but has drifted miles wide, and the defence has left Jackson. That's the problem when you have 352 and the there are 3 vs 2 at the back and in midfield. The spare man can mean two players assume the other is going to do something or move somewhere.

Catching them cold like that as they messed about with possession probably tore them apart from a tactical point of view.

Both the first and third goals were down to fast insicive movement of the ball. We hardly saw it over the last few seasons: it is a welcome addition to our play.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Was our first goal bad from their perspective? on 09:14 - Sep 1 with 792 viewsBloomBlue

If it had been their goal loads of Town fans would be moaning about player mistakes; ie useless LB out of position or useless CH too slow or useless GK not a great shot stopper.
Basically you can argue all goals conceded are mistakes somewhere on the pitch.
Was our first goal bad from their perspective? on 09:56 - Sep 1 with 727 viewsGarv

I'm not sure I've ever seen a goal that a manager hasn't said was avoidable afterwards. Even if a 40-yard strike, someone should have closed him down.

In fairness it was started by a poor pass into midfield which Skuse pounced on, which you have to give him credit for. What followed was really good incisive attacking. I do think a championship keeper saves the shot because it wasn't in the corner, but I'm not complaining.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Was our first goal bad from their perspective? on 10:02 - Sep 1 with 718 viewstextbackup

Great counter attack from us, win ball in our half, 2 passes GOAL

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Was our first goal bad from their perspective? on 10:11 - Sep 1 with 708 viewsclive_baker

The first goal was poor on their part. Away from home to one of the best teams in the league, their manager will have said keep it tight, keep the ball and frustrate them, get the crown on their back. Then 2 minutes in they play a poor and under-hit ball into midfield which we snatch and break from. I think it was their lump number 2, poor decision making on his part to play it into the middle when Skuse was up his mates backside, he didn’t want the ball and wasn’t showing for it. His CB partner had dropped in to show for it too. Even before it got back to that lump though, they had possession in their left wing position. Talk about playing your way into trouble.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024