Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday dillemma.... 09:27 - Sep 1 with 2879 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....should an @anarchist protest the by bypassing of an unrepresentative sham democracy! Heard there was a demo outside Ipswich town hall yesterday.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Sunday dillemma.... on 09:38 - Sep 1 with 2253 viewsbrogansnose

Yes.

However we regard the political system and social democracy in place atm this bypassing shizzle can lead to further powers being implemented than anything we have presently. We don't want it to be less democratic. Imagine a scenario in the not too distant future with people doing mass demonstrations post Brexit for any manner of reasons, loss of jobs, medicines, food shortages- yeah yeah, operation fear but none of us know do we, but there will be a hiatus- then the Johnson could call in extra emergency powers. Let's not forget, he's the one who bought in water cannon for the likes of me and you.
Sunday dillemma.... on 09:58 - Sep 1 with 2218 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunday dillemma.... on 09:38 - Sep 1 by brogansnose

Yes.

However we regard the political system and social democracy in place atm this bypassing shizzle can lead to further powers being implemented than anything we have presently. We don't want it to be less democratic. Imagine a scenario in the not too distant future with people doing mass demonstrations post Brexit for any manner of reasons, loss of jobs, medicines, food shortages- yeah yeah, operation fear but none of us know do we, but there will be a hiatus- then the Johnson could call in extra emergency powers. Let's not forget, he's the one who bought in water cannon for the likes of me and you.

As ever you are pretty much correct.....a protesting Leave voter probably carries some weight too. Thanks voice of my consciounse!
There is just this little bit of me that wants to call his bluff and let him no deal away....at least we would get to find out the reality of what will happen. If it goes tits up then bye bye Tories for ever and we go back cap in hand.....obviously somewhat Russian roulette. Also getting the state to reveal its hand and go all authoritarian and reveal who/what it really represents always happens eventually so maybe we need to bring it on if real change is to occur??!!??
Hold on there's someone from MI5 at the door.....brb.

Sunday dillemma.... on 10:29 - Sep 1 with 2182 viewsbrogansnose

Sunday dillemma.... on 09:58 - Sep 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

As ever you are pretty much correct.....a protesting Leave voter probably carries some weight too. Thanks voice of my consciounse!
There is just this little bit of me that wants to call his bluff and let him no deal away....at least we would get to find out the reality of what will happen. If it goes tits up then bye bye Tories for ever and we go back cap in hand.....obviously somewhat Russian roulette. Also getting the state to reveal its hand and go all authoritarian and reveal who/what it really represents always happens eventually so maybe we need to bring it on if real change is to occur??!!??
Hold on there's someone from MI5 at the door.....brb.

Hmm, I don't like the EU but from where I sit, I see the right using this as part of a bigger strategy to implement some serious scheisse. It may be bye bye Tories but something far more ugly will take its place coupled with people going over to the dark side. I think it will divide this country for a very long time. Any sort of rise against things will be met with an authoritarian response in the name of defending democracy and mobilising those, many who in all innocence and normal people, would see themselves as defending things against the 'elite' . Like I say, extremely divisive. I struggle to see historically when people have gone down the road to real change and have come to change as an epiphany moment, plenty of historical cases where it went the other way.

All the power in the hands of the people rich enough to buy it.
Sunday dillemma.... on 10:46 - Sep 1 with 2146 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunday dillemma.... on 10:29 - Sep 1 by brogansnose

Hmm, I don't like the EU but from where I sit, I see the right using this as part of a bigger strategy to implement some serious scheisse. It may be bye bye Tories but something far more ugly will take its place coupled with people going over to the dark side. I think it will divide this country for a very long time. Any sort of rise against things will be met with an authoritarian response in the name of defending democracy and mobilising those, many who in all innocence and normal people, would see themselves as defending things against the 'elite' . Like I say, extremely divisive. I struggle to see historically when people have gone down the road to real change and have come to change as an epiphany moment, plenty of historical cases where it went the other way.

I will be protesting and que sera sera.

Sunday dillemma.... on 10:48 - Sep 1 with 2141 viewsJ2BLUE

What are the rest of your sixth form doing?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sunday dillemma.... on 10:52 - Sep 1 with 2134 viewsGuthrum

Tends to be a case of revolution, followed by shambles and reaction, then finally incremental change. This being a process more likely to take several decades, rather than just months or years.

People start with the best of intentions, then the fanatics take over when the going gets tough and things turn nasty. Eventually enough get fed up with this, the fanatics are crushed and order is restored. Eventually, some of the things originally fought for come in as reforms.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sunday dillemma.... on 10:57 - Sep 1 with 2126 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunday dillemma.... on 10:48 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

What are the rest of your sixth form doing?

Funny boy!

Edit.....carry on 'playing the markets!' grown up.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 11:00]

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:00 - Sep 1 with 2117 viewsbrazil1982

Have you protested the prorogation of parliament before?
Login to get fewer ads

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:02 - Sep 1 with 2106 viewsJ2BLUE

Sunday dillemma.... on 10:57 - Sep 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Funny boy!

Edit.....carry on 'playing the markets!' grown up.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 11:00]

Playing the markets?!?!

Truly impaired.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:03 - Sep 1 with 2098 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:00 - Sep 1 by brazil1982

More often than not have protested against their actions representing the interests of a minority of the population....not that if ever got anyone ahywhere.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:05 - Sep 1 with 2095 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:02 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

Playing the markets?!?!

Thought you were a big shot gambler.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:11 - Sep 1 with 2078 viewsfooters

Is this thread about the proposed bypass?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:21 - Sep 1 with 2053 viewsJ2BLUE

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:05 - Sep 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thought you were a big shot gambler.

That phrase is about the stock markets isn't it?

Truly impaired.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:24 - Sep 1 with 2045 viewsfooters

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:21 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

That phrase is about the stock markets isn't it?

Betting markets are still markets, buh. Hence why on Betfair and other sites they're listed as markets!

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:25 - Sep 1 with 2044 viewsGuthrum

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:00 - Sep 1 by brazil1982

How many times previously has Parliament been prorogued for so long and solely in order to limit debate on a controversial policy the government are trying to force through, not having a majority in the Commons?

With all summer to prepare, why did the government not schedule the Queen's Speech for this week, instead of mid October?

Why is the government objecting so strongly to the backstop when they claim to have Irish border control solutions ready to go, which would mean it never comes into force?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:26 - Sep 1 with 2034 viewsJ2BLUE

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:24 - Sep 1 by footers

Betting markets are still markets, buh. Hence why on Betfair and other sites they're listed as markets!

Yea, thanks for that.

I've just never heard anyone say that about betting markets.

But yes, i'll be 'playing the markets' over 3-4 games today.

Truly impaired.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:30 - Sep 1 with 2024 viewsfooters

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:26 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

Yea, thanks for that.

I've just never heard anyone say that about betting markets.

But yes, i'll be 'playing the markets' over 3-4 games today.

No problem, any time.

Me and Banksy have already had success in the markets ourselves with some positions in sanitary product manufacturers. Made quite the tidy sum.

We're now going into gas masks. And you could have been invited to join us had you not made your snide comment to Mr Slave. Hmmph.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:33 - Sep 1 with 2018 viewsJ2BLUE

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:30 - Sep 1 by footers

No problem, any time.

Me and Banksy have already had success in the markets ourselves with some positions in sanitary product manufacturers. Made quite the tidy sum.

We're now going into gas masks. And you could have been invited to join us had you not made your snide comment to Mr Slave. Hmmph.

Oh well.

Good luck.

Truly impaired.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:35 - Sep 1 with 2015 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:30 - Sep 1 by footers

No problem, any time.

Thanks Footers, see you at the tuck shop next week.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:45 - Sep 1 with 1994 viewsfooters

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:35 - Sep 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks Footers, see you at the tuck shop next week.

The Milkybars are on us!

Schools probably don't have tuck shops anymore, do they. More's the pity. Now kiddies resorting to black market-style, Flumps through the school gates type stuff... very shady.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:48 - Sep 1 with 1987 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:45 - Sep 1 by footers

The Milkybars are on us!

Schools probably don't have tuck shops anymore, do they. More's the pity. Now kiddies resorting to black market-style, Flumps through the school gates type stuff... very shady.

That'll be J2.

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:48 - Sep 1 with 1987 viewswkj

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:45 - Sep 1 by footers

The Milkybars are on us!

Contactless vending machines with pay apples innit

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Sunday dillemma.... on 12:49 - Sep 1 with 1944 viewsJ2BLUE

Sunday dillemma.... on 11:48 - Sep 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

That'll be J2.

You don't run an illegal tuck shop empire by getting kids into flumps. You need to push your stronger stuff like sugary E numbers jelly beans and candyfloss.

Truly impaired.

Sunday dillemma.... on 12:54 - Sep 1 with 1935 viewsGaryCooper

'All the power in the hands of the people rich enough to buy it.'

With that in mind, nothing states true anarchy clearer than flying an anarchy flag in the front garden of a 5 bedroom house on Norwich road Ipswich.
Sunday dillemma.... on 12:58 - Sep 1 with 1921 viewsJ2BLUE

Sunday dillemma.... on 12:54 - Sep 1 by GaryCooper

'All the power in the hands of the people rich enough to buy it.'

With that in mind, nothing states true anarchy clearer than flying an anarchy flag in the front garden of a 5 bedroom house on Norwich road Ipswich.

I just laugh every time I see that.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024