Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The whole Lambo thing 12:35 - Sep 1 with 18975 viewsBluefish

I'm all for supporting Blue Action and appreciate their work but the Lambo thing isn't staying is it? Bring it back at the end if season for a laugh but can we just chalk that one off as a bit a of a miss and move on?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The whole Lambo thing on 13:01 - Sep 1 with 2858 viewsBluefish

The whole Lambo thing on 12:58 - Sep 1 by BrixtonBlue

"the most expensive squad in our history"

Hahahaha. What?!

You remember that bit where you tried to make a fuss about Quaners wages before......

And judge
And Keane
And collins
Plus those already here Bart
Chambers
Etc.

The whole Lambo thing on 13:02 - Sep 1 with 2851 viewsRyorry

The whole Lambo thing on 12:56 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

There's a sense of optimism around the club that hasn't been there for years. One diehard who was a big fan of MM surprised me at HT by saying he would take this over what he has watched for the last 5 years any day.

I don't think BA missed with that banner. I found the quote slightly odd but I guess it makes more sense in context if you've seen the film which I haven't. Great support though and the work that went into it was insane. I think Blue Order said something like 10 guys, 8 hours a day for three Sundays. Madness but a hell of a lot of credit to them.

Mullet's converted?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The whole Lambo thing on 13:02 - Sep 1 with 2852 viewsLeoMuff

The whole Lambo thing on 12:37 - Sep 1 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, how dare supporters actually show the manager some support.

You must hate the fact that we’re currently doing okay & that Mick has feck all to do with it?

MM shrewd signings are the only reason we have the squad we have, if it wasn’t for waggy, Garner, Mings, Webster, ME would not be considering dropping 500k on a right back or paying Judge and Norwood top dollar in league 1. This still has everything to do with Mick.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The whole Lambo thing on 13:03 - Sep 1 with 2845 viewsSomethingBlue

The whole Lambo thing on 12:52 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

You have to be pretty soft to see that as ripples

I'm not though, so it must be that you're being unnecessary.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The whole Lambo thing on 13:04 - Sep 1 with 2841 viewsRyorry

The whole Lambo thing on 13:02 - Sep 1 by LeoMuff

MM shrewd signings are the only reason we have the squad we have, if it wasn’t for waggy, Garner, Mings, Webster, ME would not be considering dropping 500k on a right back or paying Judge and Norwood top dollar in league 1. This still has everything to do with Mick.

What??!!

The whole Lambo thing on 13:05 - Sep 1 with 2833 viewsFtnfwest

The whole Lambo thing on 12:52 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

You have to be pretty soft to see that as ripples

He was just blowing a raspberry
The whole Lambo thing on 13:06 - Sep 1 with 2827 viewsRyorry

The whole Lambo thing on 13:05 - Sep 1 by Ftnfwest

He was just blowing a raspberry

All hot air from the wrong end, as per.

The whole Lambo thing on 13:10 - Sep 1 with 2810 viewsPinewoodblue

Look forwàrd to seeing Lambo on display in a home game against Norwich next season.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

The whole Lambo thing on 13:15 - Sep 1 with 2793 viewsBrixtonBlue

The whole Lambo thing on 13:01 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

You remember that bit where you tried to make a fuss about Quaners wages before......

And judge
And Keane
And collins
Plus those already here Bart
Chambers
Etc.

And they would've cost more than, say, our last Premier League team?!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The whole Lambo thing on 13:15 - Sep 1 with 2794 viewsLeoMuff

The whole Lambo thing on 13:04 - Sep 1 by Ryorry

What??!!

The £5m plus of sell on fees we received this season, and the fees from sales last funded judge, Norwood, Holy, Edwards, Jackson, toto, donacien, KVY.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The whole Lambo thing on 13:24 - Sep 1 with 2766 viewsFtnfwest

The whole Lambo thing on 13:02 - Sep 1 by Ryorry

Mullet's converted?

Unlikely and I’m not risking it again!
The whole Lambo thing on 13:24 - Sep 1 with 2764 viewsBluefish

The whole Lambo thing on 13:15 - Sep 1 by BrixtonBlue

And they would've cost more than, say, our last Premier League team?!

Yes obviously

The whole Lambo thing on 13:26 - Sep 1 with 2751 viewsBrixtonBlue

The whole Lambo thing on 13:24 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

Yes obviously

Hahahaha. You've been out in the sun too long mate. The fee for Matteo Serreni alone was more than that little lot.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The whole Lambo thing on 13:29 - Sep 1 with 2733 viewsJ2BLUE

The whole Lambo thing on 13:26 - Sep 1 by BrixtonBlue

Hahahaha. You've been out in the sun too long mate. The fee for Matteo Serreni alone was more than that little lot.

Not to mention the rather obvious point that £1m went a hell of a lot further back then than it does now.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Probably a one off on 13:35 - Sep 1 with 2730 viewsBobbychase

But bear in mind it was meant to be unveiled at the first home game, a sort of call to arms. For me it worked.

And what they've done (Blue Action) to help move the stadium on from the toxic atmosphere of two years ago should never be underestimated.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

The whole Lambo thing on 13:37 - Sep 1 with 2706 viewsBobbychase

The whole Lambo thing on 12:43 - Sep 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Consider this.

Lambo says nice things about club and fans and gets them onside.

Lambo invites legends in as a further PR move.

Fans warm to him and forgive under par performances and continue to back the team

Atmosphere improves which lifts players

Players lift fans further

Manager praises crowd

Fans respond and create banners in support of manager

Manager responds by praising fans

What on earth is to moan at. Lambert has played a PR blinder. The fans have been amazing. The two elements have bounced off each other and snow balled and that in no part has helped the players too.

Good vibes all round.

Exactly. And the same people who complained that Mick had no respect for the fans and Evans wasn't public enough are now using the phrase "PR Paul" like it's a bad thing that Lambert has spotted the problem with ITFC losing touch with its base and is trying to rectify it.

We're playing well, winning and the atmosphere is great. Only ITFC fans could find something to moan about in this situation

The whole Lambo thing on 13:39 - Sep 1 with 2695 viewsnorth_stand77

The whole Lambo thing on 12:47 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

You missed the bit where he got us relegated in last position though, oh and all the earlier bits and success he had at norwich.....

As I have always said I am behind lambert but i also acknowledge how badly wrong he got it last season and how it is far to soon to go all obsessive about him. I want him to be a legend but he is nowhere near it yet

But what is the point of going on and on about last season?

All you seem to bring to this board is negativity.

I've been watching Town for 52years and I found the last 2 years of MMs reign tedious, predictable and boring (Not dissimilar to most of your threads).

For the first time for a long time, it feels like we are getting back to being a proper Football Club with passionate fans, thanks to Blue Action, PL and to some degree ME.

Please can you not rejoice in how we stand at present and just enjoy this feel good factor? I'm sure you would find it much more enjoyable than knocking everything.
The whole Lambo thing on 13:41 - Sep 1 with 2676 viewsRyorry

The whole Lambo thing on 13:39 - Sep 1 by north_stand77

I've been watching Town for 52years and I found the last 2 years of MMs reign tedious, predictable and boring (Not dissimilar to most of your threads).

For the first time for a long time, it feels like we are getting back to being a proper Football Club with passionate fans, thanks to Blue Action, PL and to some degree ME.

Please can you not rejoice in how we stand at present and just enjoy this feel good factor? I'm sure you would find it much more enjoyable than knocking everything.

The whole Lambo thing on 13:43 - Sep 1 with 2674 viewsITFCBlues

The only reason mick signed them was because of Jewell signed Cresswell and developed Wickham. So the only reason we're here is because of Jewell. So well done Jewell

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The whole Lambo thing on 13:44 - Sep 1 with 2660 viewsGaryCooper

Ok Terry.
The whole Lambo thing on 13:45 - Sep 1 with 2662 viewsJ2BLUE

The whole Lambo thing on 13:43 - Sep 1 by ITFCBlues

The only reason mick signed them was because of Jewell signed Cresswell and developed Wickham. So the only reason we're here is because of Jewell. So well done Jewell

The only reason Jewell was able to develop Wickham is because Keane sold Rhodes and allowed Jewell to focus on Wickham. So well done Keane.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The whole Lambo thing on 13:49 - Sep 1 with 2638 viewsFtnfwest

The whole Lambo thing on 13:45 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

The only reason Jewell was able to develop Wickham is because Keane sold Rhodes and allowed Jewell to focus on Wickham. So well done Keane.

And Marcus employed Keane so he’s really the genius behind this after all! Flibble...
Spot on on 13:51 - Sep 1 with 2628 viewsBobbychase

The whole Lambo thing on 13:39 - Sep 1 by north_stand77

People should not underestimate the importance of momentum. I hate the fact we got relegated but give me a season (just one please!) of winning most weeks in League One with attacking football in front of decent crowds and a good atmosphere.

Lambert slingshotted Norwich from that 7-1 home defeat to Colchester all the way up to three seasons in the Prem. Not expecting the same but even with just 25% of that success wed be a lot further forward as a club

The whole Lambo thing on 13:52 - Sep 1 with 2626 viewsRyorry

The whole Lambo thing on 13:49 - Sep 1 by Ftnfwest

And Marcus employed Keane so he’s really the genius behind this after all! Flibble...

The whole Lambo thing on 13:54 - Sep 1 with 2619 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The whole Lambo thing on 12:53 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

Win some games and get some points? Not sign the most expensive squad in our history and finish bottom?

You honestly are the biggest kn0bhead to have a live account on this forum.

I just don’t get your intentions every Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024