Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The whole Lambo thing 12:35 - Sep 1 with 18913 viewsBluefish

I'm all for supporting Blue Action and appreciate their work but the Lambo thing isn't staying is it? Bring it back at the end if season for a laugh but can we just chalk that one off as a bit a of a miss and move on?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The whole Lambo thing on 13:57 - Sep 1 with 4436 viewsMullet

The whole Lambo thing on 13:43 - Sep 1 by ITFCBlues

The only reason mick signed them was because of Jewell signed Cresswell and developed Wickham. So the only reason we're here is because of Jewell. So well done Jewell

That logic would be sound, if it was factual.

There are enough negatives abound with us being down here and losing even more money as is, ground on our former rivals and the like without Fishers doing this sort of caper.

Lambert offers stability and the closest thing to MM we've had under Evans. He's got to back it up over 2 or 3 seasons now, and will need the support to do it.

But it's undeniable that had MM not sold Mings, not built his initial squad with bosmans like Berra and Skuse and used the Mings money to maintain it, that whole chain of sales and clauses which came in this summer would not have happened.

We might draw in £1-2m extra from the feelgood of right now if it continues but we are already £7m down on TV money alone. It's not sustainable to rely on top ups and extra sales of Bovril either way.

Financially we are going to have to tread a fine line whilst getting out of the league. When we go back up we are going to be in a position we're used to seeing Rotherham, Burton, Bolton, Wigan et al. in, the only good thing might be we time it as a Derby or Sheff Weds come tumbling down and the division levels out a bit more.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The whole Lambo thing on 14:00 - Sep 1 with 4418 viewsjeera

The whole Lambo thing on 13:45 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

The only reason Jewell was able to develop Wickham is because Keane sold Rhodes and allowed Jewell to focus on Wickham. So well done Keane.

Not having that.

The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Keane indeed.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The whole Lambo thing on 14:01 - Sep 1 with 4406 viewsJ2BLUE

The whole Lambo thing on 14:00 - Sep 1 by jeera

Not having that.

The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Keane indeed.

Yea even posting that as a joke sickened me a little.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The whole Lambo thing on 14:02 - Sep 1 with 4406 viewsAlanG296

The whole Lambo thing on 12:45 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

Hardly I'm sat by my pool in 30 degrees heat

Surely blueFISH you should be in the pool. You would feel less bothered by the lambo thing underwater.
The whole Lambo thing on 14:03 - Sep 1 with 4398 viewsjeera

The whole Lambo thing on 14:02 - Sep 1 by AlanG296

Surely blueFISH you should be in the pool. You would feel less bothered by the lambo thing underwater.

He's playing with people.

It's up to them if they want to take it on board.

He has posters of Lambert up at home.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The whole Lambo thing on 14:20 - Sep 1 with 4358 viewsBluefish

The whole Lambo thing on 13:26 - Sep 1 by BrixtonBlue

Hahahaha. You've been out in the sun too long mate. The fee for Matteo Serreni alone was more than that little lot.

I was talking about wages obviously

The whole Lambo thing on 14:20 - Sep 1 with 4358 viewsITFCBlues

The whole Lambo thing on 13:57 - Sep 1 by Mullet

That logic would be sound, if it was factual.

There are enough negatives abound with us being down here and losing even more money as is, ground on our former rivals and the like without Fishers doing this sort of caper.

Lambert offers stability and the closest thing to MM we've had under Evans. He's got to back it up over 2 or 3 seasons now, and will need the support to do it.

But it's undeniable that had MM not sold Mings, not built his initial squad with bosmans like Berra and Skuse and used the Mings money to maintain it, that whole chain of sales and clauses which came in this summer would not have happened.

We might draw in £1-2m extra from the feelgood of right now if it continues but we are already £7m down on TV money alone. It's not sustainable to rely on top ups and extra sales of Bovril either way.

Financially we are going to have to tread a fine line whilst getting out of the league. When we go back up we are going to be in a position we're used to seeing Rotherham, Burton, Bolton, Wigan et al. in, the only good thing might be we time it as a Derby or Sheff Weds come tumbling down and the division levels out a bit more.

The transfer market is completely different now to when we signed Skuse and Berra on a free. There's much more money around thee days and those free transfers don't really exist anymore.

Mick done a great job for 3 or so years before completely losing the plot and destroying the atmosphere around the club and completely disengaging the fans with his negativity. He set the wheels in motion and then Hurst completely destroyed us.

Lamberts come in and been a breath of fresh air and is the complete opposite to Mick in that respect. Getting the fans onside plays a massive part in a teams success. That shouldn't, in anyway, be taken for granted.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The whole Lambo thing on 14:21 - Sep 1 with 4354 viewsBluefish

The whole Lambo thing on 13:54 - Sep 1 by The_Romford_Blue

You honestly are the biggest kn0bhead to have a live account on this forum.

I just don’t get your intentions every Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Tell us about Marcus Evans again....

Login to get fewer ads

The whole Lambo thing on 14:22 - Sep 1 with 4355 viewsIllinoisblue

Fishers puts on his troll speedos and kicks back by the pool, intent on saying something just stupid enough.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The whole Lambo thing on 14:24 - Sep 1 with 4342 viewsnoggin

The whole Lambo thing on 12:47 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

You missed the bit where he got us relegated in last position though, oh and all the earlier bits and success he had at norwich.....

As I have always said I am behind lambert but i also acknowledge how badly wrong he got it last season and how it is far to soon to go all obsessive about him. I want him to be a legend but he is nowhere near it yet

"He got us relegated"

Now I know you're trolling, and not very well either.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The whole Lambo thing on 14:35 - Sep 1 with 4306 viewsGaryCooper

The whole Lambo thing on 13:02 - Sep 1 by LeoMuff

MM shrewd signings are the only reason we have the squad we have, if it wasn’t for waggy, Garner, Mings, Webster, ME would not be considering dropping 500k on a right back or paying Judge and Norwood top dollar in league 1. This still has everything to do with Mick.

The only reason? Are you genuinely saying this is the only reason?

Blimey.
The whole Lambo thing on 14:42 - Sep 1 with 4283 viewsMullet

The whole Lambo thing on 14:20 - Sep 1 by ITFCBlues

The transfer market is completely different now to when we signed Skuse and Berra on a free. There's much more money around thee days and those free transfers don't really exist anymore.

Mick done a great job for 3 or so years before completely losing the plot and destroying the atmosphere around the club and completely disengaging the fans with his negativity. He set the wheels in motion and then Hurst completely destroyed us.

Lamberts come in and been a breath of fresh air and is the complete opposite to Mick in that respect. Getting the fans onside plays a massive part in a teams success. That shouldn't, in anyway, be taken for granted.

I totally agree, hence why dismissing what MM did to bring in those players and sell them on for what he did is so bizarre, right after you mention Hurst too. Lambert is spending far more, especially last season and utilising that money to offset people like Judge and KVY etc. The emphasis on wages over fees is still there though because it's the right thing to do for Evans and ITFC.

To pretend MM did that without the fans, is giving him far too much agency and pretending the fans didn't start or continue it to the point of brinkmanship. It's as much a lie as saying Lambert has created everything positive here and ignores the boos and struggles along the way from some.

The fans are always onside when the team is a success, it's easy following a winning team and vice versa. Everything that happened in the period you've described shows that. To say now is down to Lambert alone is a massive slap in the face to Blue Action and thousands of others.

Don't forget the people who treated Hurst like he could do no wrong right until the bitter end after all for a good demonstration of how some fans will choose a narrative over reality, before during and after. People got a massive wake up call last season, most have heeded it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The whole Lambo thing on 15:25 - Sep 1 with 4228 viewsLankHenners

The whole Lambo thing on 14:22 - Sep 1 by Illinoisblue

Fishers puts on his troll speedos and kicks back by the pool, intent on saying something just stupid enough.

You’d think this would be too obvious to get anyone to bite and yet...

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The whole Lambo thing on 15:34 - Sep 1 with 4192 viewsCoastalblue

The whole Lambo thing on 15:25 - Sep 1 by LankHenners

You’d think this would be too obvious to get anyone to bite and yet...

You have to give him credit though, he does manage it most times.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The whole Lambo thing on 15:52 - Sep 1 with 4160 viewswkj

The whole Lambo thing on 15:34 - Sep 1 by Coastalblue

You have to give him credit though, he does manage it most times.

Quite funny how often people will identify a troll, often successfully, yet allow themselves to consistently be suckered in by said troll. Goes to show that being a man child is easy as can be now adays

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The whole Lambo thing on 16:03 - Sep 1 with 4124 viewsITFCBlues

The whole Lambo thing on 14:42 - Sep 1 by Mullet

I totally agree, hence why dismissing what MM did to bring in those players and sell them on for what he did is so bizarre, right after you mention Hurst too. Lambert is spending far more, especially last season and utilising that money to offset people like Judge and KVY etc. The emphasis on wages over fees is still there though because it's the right thing to do for Evans and ITFC.

To pretend MM did that without the fans, is giving him far too much agency and pretending the fans didn't start or continue it to the point of brinkmanship. It's as much a lie as saying Lambert has created everything positive here and ignores the boos and struggles along the way from some.

The fans are always onside when the team is a success, it's easy following a winning team and vice versa. Everything that happened in the period you've described shows that. To say now is down to Lambert alone is a massive slap in the face to Blue Action and thousands of others.

Don't forget the people who treated Hurst like he could do no wrong right until the bitter end after all for a good demonstration of how some fans will choose a narrative over reality, before during and after. People got a massive wake up call last season, most have heeded it.

Mick did alot of good in his time here. But he was far from perfect. He set the wheels in motion for last season with his negativity towards the fans and the parting salute at Norwich. He completely destroyed the atmosphere around the club. Hurst came and and finished the job off.

Lamberts came in and picked the pieces up. He's got the fans back onside. He's the one who's invited Blue Action in and asked for help. He's picked the club back off the floor and is rebuilding. His PR approach can't be understated. We've gone from crowds of 12k in the Championship to 19-20k in L1. All because everything he's done.

There's aspects that need improving and ultimately, we've got a fantastic squad so we should be at the very least top 6. But the signs are there for a more positive future. Even looking further along, IF we did get promotion, I think there's a spine there that could do very well. Wolf, KVY, Downes, Norwood and Jackson. Theres a few others as well.

Let's just be happy that we have our club back & we're moving in the right direction

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The whole Lambo thing on 16:14 - Sep 1 with 4106 viewsBlueBadger

As banners go, it's nowhere near the Brighton One for sheer WTF-ery.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The whole Lambo thing on 16:16 - Sep 1 with 4098 viewsBlueBadger

Well played here Fishers, personally, I'd have also gone with 'poor old Mick, he should have gotten us relegated rather than try to win games in order to boost his popularity' as well for maximum points.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

The whole Lambo thing on 16:34 - Sep 1 with 4077 viewsBlueBadger

The whole Lambo thing on 13:37 - Sep 1 by Bobbychase

Exactly. And the same people who complained that Mick had no respect for the fans and Evans wasn't public enough are now using the phrase "PR Paul" like it's a bad thing that Lambert has spotted the problem with ITFC losing touch with its base and is trying to rectify it.

We're playing well, winning and the atmosphere is great. Only ITFC fans could find something to moan about in this situation

The main use of the phrase 'PR Paul' is Sitters. Who's well known for how much he cried about Mick using a bad word at a football match.

The whole Lambo thing on 17:52 - Sep 1 with 4017 viewsLeoMuff

The whole Lambo thing on 14:35 - Sep 1 by GaryCooper

The only reason? Are you genuinely saying this is the only reason?

Blimey.

Well I don’t believe we would have those players without the cash, so yes I suppose.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

The whole Lambo thing on 17:55 - Sep 1 with 4004 viewsBluearmy71

The whole Lambo thing on 12:45 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

Hardly I'm sat by my pool in 30 degrees heat

I up arrowed this by mistake.

One suggests you put your phone or lappy down and continue enjoying the 30 degree heat in sience
The whole Lambo thing on 19:03 - Sep 1 with 3948 viewsBrixtonBlue

The whole Lambo thing on 14:20 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

I was talking about wages obviously

Yeah like our Championship loanees are going to be on more than our Prem players!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The whole Lambo thing on 19:46 - Sep 1 with 3892 viewsMattinLondon

You know there’s support groups out there to help lonely people like you? You don’t have to suffer in silence. Or in your case write rubbish daily

There’s sites out there for people like you to make friends rather than being a bell end.
The whole Lambo thing on 19:51 - Sep 1 with 3876 viewsBlue_Order

What does the OP mean by “the Lambo thing isn’t staying, is it?”?
The whole Lambo thing on 19:52 - Sep 1 with 3874 viewsJ2BLUE

The whole Lambo thing on 19:03 - Sep 1 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah like our Championship loanees are going to be on more than our Prem players!

It's funny really. Is the current squad as good as the Prem squad? Clearly not. So he starts on the finances and going on about stats like most expensive (completely out of context). The sort of modern football Sky stats he usually claims he is above.

Then the people come out of the woodwork and say he's trolling, desperate to prove to themselves that they haven't 'fallen for it' when in reality this is just classic Blubfish over a very long time.

As Spruce says, he's a week or two away from squaring up to admin and getting banned.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024