Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion 07:36 - Sep 2 with 3192 viewsSteve_M

Heads up in case it's useful to people:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 07:58 - Sep 2 with 2690 viewsReuser_is_God

It’s the same process as we have for cup games for the last 15 years.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 07:58 - Sep 2 with 2690 viewsSitfcB

It’s because people are dumb.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 7:58]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 08:06 - Sep 2 with 2631 viewsHerbivore

So as a season ticket holder I can just turn up on the night and get in? Cool.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 08:26 - Sep 2 with 2561 viewsColin_Viljoen

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 08:06 - Sep 2 by Herbivore

So as a season ticket holder I can just turn up on the night and get in? Cool.

You just need £10 in your pocket!!
Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 08:58 - Sep 2 with 2459 viewsfactual_blue

ST holders never get in free: they've paid in advance.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:11 - Sep 2 with 2416 viewsSomethingBlue

Easy answer for anyone in doubt: boycott!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:24 - Sep 2 with 2330 viewsGuthrum

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:11 - Sep 2 by SomethingBlue

Easy answer for anyone in doubt: boycott!

Why?

Is this not a competition we stand a decent chance of winning?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:27 - Sep 2 with 2313 viewsSomethingBlue

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:24 - Sep 2 by Guthrum

Why?

It probably is but I'm not going through the arguments about U21 teams again.

Login to get fewer ads

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:30 - Sep 2 with 2286 viewsGuthrum

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:27 - Sep 2 by SomethingBlue

Best way of dealing with the U21 travesty is to put out a strong team and thrash them.

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:31 - Sep 2 with 2278 viewstiptreeblue

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:27 - Sep 2 by SomethingBlue

I really don`t understand the problem with us playing against an U21 team, If that helps a younger player develop, where is the problem, We no doubt will play some youngsters for exactly the same reason. so where is the problem?
Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:32 - Sep 2 with 2266 viewsSikamikanico

Drunkenly booked a ticket at the weekend. Have would up in the middle tier of the EOE Co-Op Stand for a change.
Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:33 - Sep 2 with 2261 viewsSuperfrans

There was barely a single mention of the game in Saturday's programme. It was included in the list of fixtures, but that's it.

If we get much more than 5,000 people through the gate I'd be surprised. Could even be significantly lower than that.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:35 - Sep 2 with 2243 viewsPJH

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:24 - Sep 2 by Guthrum

Why?

It is also the competition that Spurs have the best chance of winning.
Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:36 - Sep 2 with 2234 viewsSomethingBlue

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:30 - Sep 2 by Guthrum

Best way of dealing with the U21 travesty is to put out a strong team and thrash them.

Good — doesn't mean we have to be there to watch it though.

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:38 - Sep 2 with 2221 viewsPJH

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:33 - Sep 2 by Superfrans

There was barely a single mention of the game in Saturday's programme. It was included in the list of fixtures, but that's it.

If we get much more than 5,000 people through the gate I'd be surprised. Could even be significantly lower than that.

I would think the attendance will be closer to the 1500 that the competition deserves.
Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:42 - Sep 2 with 2185 viewsGuthrum

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:36 - Sep 2 by SomethingBlue

Good — doesn't mean we have to be there to watch it though.

It's Ipswich Town in a cup game. I'll be listening on the radio (being geographically distant) - assuming I'm not stuck at work.

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:45 - Sep 2 with 2168 viewsSuperfrans

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:31 - Sep 2 by tiptreeblue

I really don`t understand the problem with us playing against an U21 team, If that helps a younger player develop, where is the problem, We no doubt will play some youngsters for exactly the same reason. so where is the problem?

Because its one step towards *big* clubs being able to enter their b teams into the lower divisions.

All of the problems at Bury, Bolton, Oldham etc are not unconnected with all of this - the growing power and wealth of the big clubs, the declining fortunes of smaller clubs which are trying to keep up. The way things are going, we will see more clubs kicked out at the lower end of the 92, which will lead inevitably to calls for those places to be taken up by the second teams of Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool etc etc.

Not to mention, of course, that allowing u-21 clubs into competitions like this is specifically designed to resolve a problem of their own making - their accumulation of far too bloated squads, packed out with players who (in previous) eras would have been signed by smaller clubs (eg. Crewe, Tranmere, Bury, Bolton) who would then benefit from selling those players on to bigger clubs. Its an eco system which is being disrupted by bigger clubs' plain greed.

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:45 - Sep 2 with 2162 viewsSomethingBlue

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:42 - Sep 2 by Guthrum

It's Ipswich Town in a cup game. I'll be listening on the radio (being geographically distant) - assuming I'm not stuck at work.

Fair enough. And I mean look, those closer to home can do what they like, but if I was local my priority would be to help make sure the people looking to wreck football get as little leeway as possible.

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:47 - Sep 2 with 2151 viewsSuperfrans

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:38 - Sep 2 by PJH

I would think the attendance will be closer to the 1500 that the competition deserves.

Just looked at the seating plan. You may not be far wrong. For a start, only one stand is fully open (the EoE stand) along with the SBR lower. If there are 1,000 tickets sold atm, I'd be surprised - especially given that you can't pay on the night.

They will close the SBRL for the next match if this is how it pans out.

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:52 - Sep 2 with 2111 viewsSitfcB

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:47 - Sep 2 by Superfrans

Just looked at the seating plan. You may not be far wrong. For a start, only one stand is fully open (the EoE stand) along with the SBR lower. If there are 1,000 tickets sold atm, I'd be surprised - especially given that you can't pay on the night.

They will close the SBRL for the next match if this is how it pans out.

Only the middle and bottom tiers of Co-Op open along with SBRL.

I said yesterday will be lucky to get 2k!

Some of the other estimates are just....

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:54 - Sep 2 with 2092 viewswkj

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:52 - Sep 2 by SitfcB

Only the middle and bottom tiers of Co-Op open along with SBRL.

I said yesterday will be lucky to get 2k!

Some of the other estimates are just....

20k+ - Def info

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 10:01 - Sep 2 with 2053 viewsGuthrum

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:45 - Sep 2 by SomethingBlue

Fair enough. And I mean look, those closer to home can do what they like, but if I was local my priority would be to help make sure the people looking to wreck football get as little leeway as possible.

I take your point on that.

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 11:08 - Sep 2 with 1917 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 07:58 - Sep 2 by Reuser_is_God

It’s the same process as we have for cup games for the last 15 years.

I think the problem is that we haven't had much experience of cup games over the last 15 years!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 11:12 - Sep 2 with 1899 viewsitfcjoe

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 09:45 - Sep 2 by SomethingBlue

My Season Ticket actually covers it, so will be going.

Don't agree with them being in it, it will feel just like an U23 game which I go to anyway - the competition has been an utter failure though since the U21 teams have got into it.

What we really need is for one to get to Wembley and take about 2k fans for what is the EFL's big showpiece day to really hit home how poor it is - or even better for 2 teams to do so and there isn't a club who has a big day ruined by it.

Arsenal v Chelsea U21s at Wembley in front of 5k fans would be the nail in the coffin, I used to go to the JPT Final on a corporate shindig and it is a massive day for the EFL and the sponsor - they need to see how sh*t it could be and how they can't sell any tickets and will lose money on the stadium hire etc to hit it home.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tomorrow evening seems to be causing some confusion on 13:22 - Sep 2 with 1686 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024