Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Murphy to Bolton (n/t) 13:34 - Sep 2 with 5687 viewsleftback

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:36 - Sep 2 with 5655 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Interesting move for him.

Expect they will do a lot of business.

He's dead cert to start!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:49 - Sep 2 with 5490 viewsJ2BLUE

Surely not? Not sure that is a good move for him unless Bolton are going to bring in about 10 players.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:51 - Sep 2 with 5449 viewsSitfcB

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:49 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

Surely not? Not sure that is a good move for him unless Bolton are going to bring in about 10 players.

Forest terminating his, and Bridcutt’s contracts so they go to Bolton.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:52 - Sep 2 with 5439 viewsGuthrum

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:49 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

They might well, given how few senior players are currently in the squad.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:52 - Sep 2 with 5440 viewsSitfcB

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:51 - Sep 2 by SitfcB

Forest terminating his, and Bridcutt’s contracts so they go to Bolton.

Or not..

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:55 - Sep 2 with 5382 viewsMrTown

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:52 - Sep 2 by SitfcB

Or not..

Didn't realise they signed, Thibaud Verlinden from Stoke, really exciting kid, from the mould of Celina, will make you pull your hair out but got some talent the kid.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:57 - Sep 2 with 5346 viewsTheBoyBlue

From a selfish point of view, this should be good news for us. We got (a highly unusual for us!) slice of good fortune facing such a weakened Bolton team and getting 3 points, five goals and a shedload of confidence out of them, so hopefully a stronger Bolton team will give our potential competitors more of a game and hopefully even take some points off them!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 15:22]

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:00 - Sep 2 with 5280 viewsKeaneish

That and Bridcutt are the sort of signings that could save them. Fair play.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:22 - Sep 2 with 5069 viewsGeoffSentence

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:57 - Sep 2 by TheBoyBlue

From a selfish point of view, this should be good news for us. We got (a highly unusual for us!) slice of good fortune facing such a weakened Bolton team and getting 3 points, five goals and a shedload of confidence out of them, so hopefully a stronger Bolton team will give our potential competitors more of a game and hopefully even take some points off them!
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 15:22]

Doncaster will be livid. They should have been facing the yoofs like we were but BW backed out of playing that game.

The football league has to hit BW really hard for that. Forfeiting the game would be a reasonable punishment, and going by the other results around the same time it should be awarderd 5-0 to Donny.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:47 - Sep 2 with 4882 viewsfactual_blue

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:22 - Sep 2 by GeoffSentence

Doncaster will be livid. They should have been facing the yoofs like we were but BW backed out of playing that game.

The football league has to hit BW really hard for that. Forfeiting the game would be a reasonable punishment, and going by the other results around the same time it should be awarderd 5-0 to Donny.

Bolton asked the EFL for a postponement on welfare grounds because of their young players. The EFL agreed, and so can't punish Bolton.

Why not argue that as they've lost three games 5-0 they should be required to lose all their remaining games by the same margin?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 14:48]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:52 - Sep 2 with 4823 viewsGeoffSentence

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:47 - Sep 2 by factual_blue

Bolton asked the EFL for a postponement on welfare grounds because of their young players. The EFL agreed, and so can't punish Bolton.

Why not argue that as they've lost three games 5-0 they should be required to lose all their remaining games by the same margin?

When did EFL agree? As I recall it Bolton asked, EFL said no, Bolton refused to play it anyway and Donny only found out from Bolton's social media acc

ount.

Edit: Yep, as I thought EFL were unaware

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49399958

"The English Football League and Doncaster said they were unaware of the decision before Bolton's announcement."
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 14:55]

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:53 - Sep 2 with 4806 viewsxrayspecs

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:52 - Sep 2 by GeoffSentence

When did EFL agree? As I recall it Bolton asked, EFL said no, Bolton refused to play it anyway and Donny only found out from Bolton's social media acc

ount.

"The English Football League and Doncaster said they were unaware of the decision before Bolton's announcement."

I think that is correct. EFL and Doncaster we blindsided. Suspect another points deduction is coming there way, they may also lose points for cancelling the Brentford game last season.

They may need snookers at this rate just to stay up.
Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:13 - Sep 2 with 4653 viewsJamestownPrince

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:47 - Sep 2 by factual_blue

They are surely still to lose points from the Brentford game last season...

I've a few hundred quid back if Bolton go down!
Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:23 - Sep 2 with 4549 viewsfactual_blue

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:52 - Sep 2 by GeoffSentence

ount.

Fair enough. In that case, we recall Bart and lend him to Bolton to do our bit to reduce the number of drubbings they get.

I'm not sure, based on the quotes in the BBC story, that the authorities are going to kick Bolton further when they're already on the floor and bleeding profusely.

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:28 - Sep 2 with 4503 viewsGeoffSentence

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:23 - Sep 2 by factual_blue

Fair enough. In that case, we recall Bart and lend him to Bolton to do our bit to reduce the number of drubbings they get.

I'm not sure, based on the quotes in the BBC story, that the authorities are going to kick Bolton further when they're already on the floor and bleeding profusely.

Those teams, including us, who got to play them early have a distinct advantage over those who get to play them from now on.

I am delighted that, for once, luck broke for us and we got to play them whilst they were weak and some of our likely promotion rivals will have a trickier time of it after they have strengthened.

Delighted though I am it does not seem fair to those other teams and is one of the reasons why this whole affair is having an impact on the integrity of the league. They probably should have stopped them playing until it was sorted out.

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:30 - Sep 2 with 4485 viewsfactual_blue

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 14:53 - Sep 2 by xrayspecs

I think that is correct. EFL and Doncaster we blindsided. Suspect another points deduction is coming there way, they may also lose points for cancelling the Brentford game last season.

They may need snookers at this rate just to stay up.

Well, as they're at least 51 points adrift of the 40 people say is the target to avoid relegation (plus another 4-6 points to cover their current goal difference), I think they're probably doomed.

Football is, however, a funny old game.

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:34 - Sep 2 with 4461 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Talk of new owners taking out 2 x £20M loans. And so it starts again.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:52 - Sep 2 with 4357 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:34 - Sep 2 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Talk of new owners taking out 2 x £20M loans. And so it starts again.

Yes I spotted that, repaid by 2022 at 4% interest.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 16:11 - Sep 2 with 4240 viewswkj

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 13:55 - Sep 2 by MrTown

Didn't realise they signed, Thibaud Verlinden from Stoke, really exciting kid, from the mould of Celina, will make you pull your hair out but got some talent the kid.

Sooo... 4+ stars for PA on FM19 ?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Aye, Cowley had a point on 16:23 - Sep 2 with 4150 viewsDyland

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:28 - Sep 2 by GeoffSentence

Those teams, including us, who got to play them early have a distinct advantage over those who get to play them from now on.

I am delighted that, for once, luck broke for us and we got to play them whilst they were weak and some of our likely promotion rivals will have a trickier time of it after they have strengthened.

Delighted though I am it does not seem fair to those other teams and is one of the reasons why this whole affair is having an impact on the integrity of the league. They probably should have stopped them playing until it was sorted out.

Hopefully we'll turn the screw over the whole season and beat the next best by more than three points.. though if we did go up on goal difference over Lincoln e.g. it will be very funny indeed.

All silly talk at this stage of the season, of course.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 21:08 - Sep 2 with 3726 viewssolemio

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:30 - Sep 2 by factual_blue

Well, as they're at least 51 points adrift of the 40 people say is the target to avoid relegation (plus another 4-6 points to cover their current goal difference), I think they're probably doomed.

Thanks, Saint (or possibly Greavsie).
Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 21:33 - Sep 2 with 3631 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You only need 1 point to cover a poor goal difference.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 21:38 - Sep 2 with 3605 viewsMelford

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 16:11 - Sep 2 by wkj

Sooo... 4+ stars for PA on FM19 ?

The whole thing is very FM esque. Filter Listed For Loan and Contract Expired and sign a team.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 21:46 - Sep 2 with 3565 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 21:38 - Sep 2 by Melford

The whole thing is very FM esque. Filter Listed For Loan and Contract Expired and sign a team.

They certainly haven't spent time scouting and deciding who to sign.

They have also still only got a dozen or so experienced players.

I presume they will supplement in January but they are not going to stay up.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Murphy to Bolton (n/t) on 15:21 - Sep 3 with 3142 viewsTheBoyBlue

It would surely be one of the greatest escapes. Although didn't Bournemouth stay up a few seasons ago having started on -30 points?

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024