Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Return of NFL 16:49 - Sep 2 with 6451 viewsJ2BLUE

Are we excited then people? Thank god it's back, and on an international week as well it's even better. Anyone staying up Thursday to watch it?

Feel feel to post your usual Facters but I won't respond

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Return of NFL on 16:51 - Sep 2 with 5095 viewswkj

New year, same routine, KCC will look unstoppable until the division finals
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 16:55]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Return of NFL on 16:54 - Sep 2 with 5077 viewsTractor_Buck

Ravens should be fun this year.

IF the defence is as good as it looks to be, and IF we've managed to complete Jackson's transformation into an NFL starting QB, the signs are good. Two very big ifs there though.
Return of NFL on 17:29 - Sep 2 with 5026 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm looking forward to the inevitable racism scandals, the constant linking to patriotism and military chest beating and all the life ruining head injuries. If that's what you meant?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Return of NFL on 17:31 - Sep 2 with 5024 viewsjudespiveyg

Early prediction: Cowboys-Patriots Super Bowl. Most well rounded rosters in each conference.

Bears (nasty schedule) and Eagles (Once Wentz gets hurt) to flop.

Cousins and Prescott to have comeback seasons. Brees and Trubisky to take step back.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Return of NFL on 17:33 - Sep 2 with 5014 viewsTractorCam

Nothing really expected of my Steelers, Ravens will blitz our division and maybe we will beat the bottling Browns to 2nd spot.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Return of NFL on 17:36 - Sep 2 with 4996 viewsElephantintheRoom

NFL Show already up and running as well. I'm looking forward to seeing the Bengals take on the Rams at Wembley.... and seeing if the Browns can live up to the hype, which they should in a traditionally strong division which now looks weak.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Return of NFL on 17:42 - Sep 2 with 4980 viewsFtnfwest

Return of NFL on 17:33 - Sep 2 by TractorCam

Nothing really expected of my Steelers, Ravens will blitz our division and maybe we will beat the bottling Browns to 2nd spot.

Always followed them, well since 1982 anyway. I keep turning down Wembley invites as I'm waiting for them to come over
Return of NFL on 17:43 - Sep 2 with 4979 viewsTractorCam

Return of NFL on 17:42 - Sep 2 by Ftnfwest

Always followed them, well since 1982 anyway. I keep turning down Wembley invites as I'm waiting for them to come over

The Steelers? They came over in 2013 I think it was, against the Vikings.

Login to get fewer ads

Return of NFL on 17:45 - Sep 2 with 4969 viewsFtnfwest

Return of NFL on 17:43 - Sep 2 by TractorCam

The Steelers? They came over in 2013 I think it was, against the Vikings.

Must have missed that. Have a friend who's managed to get tickets the last few years but maybe that was before
Return of NFL on 17:48 - Sep 2 with 4961 viewsTractorCam

Return of NFL on 17:45 - Sep 2 by Ftnfwest

Must have missed that. Have a friend who's managed to get tickets the last few years but maybe that was before

Yes was 2013, Adrian Peterson ran our defence ragged. I'd love for them to come back over too, fed of the Dolphins.

Return of NFL on 17:55 - Sep 2 with 4943 viewsitfcjoe

I've not really thought much about it in the off season, followed the draft but not really switched in for pre season as yet.

Quietly confident about the season ahead though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Return of NFL on 18:24 - Sep 2 with 4917 viewsTractorgirlforever

Do you remember yhe days of that little european league in american football the london monarchs, i always remember going to watch them play i think it was barcelona dragons at wembley. It used to be a sell out
Return of NFL on 18:45 - Sep 2 with 4888 viewsBlueBadger

Return of NFL on 17:29 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

I'm looking forward to the inevitable racism scandals, the constant linking to patriotism and military chest beating and all the life ruining head injuries. If that's what you meant?

Don't forget the adverts padding out a 20 minute game into a 16 hour 'sports entertainment experience'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Return of NFL on 19:29 - Sep 2 with 4845 viewsconnorscontract

Return of NFL on 18:45 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

Don't forget the adverts padding out a 20 minute game into a 16 hour 'sports entertainment experience'.

Go to Wembley, just once, and you'll see that it genuinely is a brilliant sports experience.

I saw David Haye blowing a massive horn, and then flames shot out the end! And a mascot zipwire down from the Wembley Arch! And lots of beautiful young ladies with improbably white and impossibly straight teeth! And a Rams Mascot Back-flipping and Helicopter Spinning! And some hype merchants with a T Shirt Cannon! And Def Leppard!

It's really worth going to. The above are various moments from 6 games in 3 years, but if you understand the rules at all then it is an amazing experience and well worth going to once in your life.

I booked a holiday to Miami for next year. And then when the NFL schedule came out discovered that my team will be playing the Miami Dolphins the day before I land. I'm gutted.
Return of NFL on 19:32 - Sep 2 with 4839 viewsJ2BLUE

Return of NFL on 17:29 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

Each to their own, if that's what you take from it, fair enough

Truly impaired.

Return of NFL on 19:48 - Sep 2 with 4812 viewsBlueBadger

Return of NFL on 19:29 - Sep 2 by connorscontract

Go to Wembley, just once, and you'll see that it genuinely is a brilliant sports experience.

I saw David Haye blowing a massive horn, and then flames shot out the end! And a mascot zipwire down from the Wembley Arch! And lots of beautiful young ladies with improbably white and impossibly straight teeth! And a Rams Mascot Back-flipping and Helicopter Spinning! And some hype merchants with a T Shirt Cannon! And Def Leppard!

It's really worth going to. The above are various moments from 6 games in 3 years, but if you understand the rules at all then it is an amazing experience and well worth going to once in your life.

I booked a holiday to Miami for next year. And then when the NFL schedule came out discovered that my team will be playing the Miami Dolphins the day before I land. I'm gutted.

Interesting that you choose to mention all the flames and young ladies and helicopters and not the slowed-down rugby match that you're nominally attending for. Almost as if it's a bit rubbish and needs jazzing up with a load of other stuff to make it worth going.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Return of NFL on 19:49 - Sep 2 with 4803 viewsSpruceMoose

Return of NFL on 19:32 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

Each to their own, if that's what you take from it, fair enough

I'm probably just more aware of the reality of it, living here and all.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Return of NFL on 19:50 - Sep 2 with 4798 viewsJ2BLUE

Return of NFL on 19:49 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

I'm probably just more aware of the reality of it, living here and all.

Do you not watch it?

Truly impaired.

Return of NFL on 19:51 - Sep 2 with 4794 viewstampa_bay

Return of NFL on 19:29 - Sep 2 by connorscontract

Each to their own of course but have you noticed that not a single experience you describe involves the actual game itself?

I've lived over here since the early nineties, spent a small window following it and then came to the conclusion that it's all utter nonsense.
Return of NFL on 19:56 - Sep 2 with 4780 viewsBlueBadger

Return of NFL on 19:51 - Sep 2 by tampa_bay

Each to their own of course but have you noticed that not a single experience you describe involves the actual game itself?

I've lived over here since the early nineties, spent a small window following it and then came to the conclusion that it's all utter nonsense.

The key difference between proper football and American football can be defined thus:
In proper football you go for the actual game and treat any extraneous 'entertainments' as an afterthought at best, in American the extraneous nonsense is what it's all about about the 'sport' is merely an afterthought.

Return of NFL on 19:56 - Sep 2 with 4777 viewswkj

Return of NFL on 19:50 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

Do you not watch it?

Point of fact, you mention in the OP you wont reply to the type of post that facters would come up with, so far ignored replying to all posts engaging in the OP itself, whilst opting to only respond to the most "not in the spirit of the post" replies... very strange

Crybaby

Return of NFL on 19:57 - Sep 2 with 4771 viewsSpruceMoose

Return of NFL on 19:50 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

Do you not watch it?

Not saying it's not mildly diverting to have on in the background while you're sinking a few pints in a bar, but if you really stop to think about it, the social and medical issues the game creates shouldn't be ignored. That's not even mentioning the unregulated gambling that goes on around it either.

It really is a problematic sport, but you probably wouldn't pick that up just by watching a couple of games on Sky Sports of a Sunday.

Return of NFL on 19:59 - Sep 2 with 4763 viewsSpruceMoose

Return of NFL on 19:56 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

The key difference between proper football and American football can be defined thus:
In proper football you go for the actual game and treat any extraneous 'entertainments' as an afterthought at best, in American the extraneous nonsense is what it's all about about the 'sport' is merely an afterthought.

That's American sport in general really. I've been to baseball games with groups of people and seen about 10 pitches. The rest of the time is spent wandering around eating and drinking. Was only about $15 bucks to get in though to be fair.

Return of NFL on 20:01 - Sep 2 with 4755 viewswkj

Return of NFL on 19:59 - Sep 2 by SpruceMoose

That's American sport in general really. I've been to baseball games with groups of people and seen about 10 pitches. The rest of the time is spent wandering around eating and drinking. Was only about $15 bucks to get in though to be fair.

Indeed, It does tend to be a huge part of the experience, if not more so, than the game itself. Many a minor league tailgate party had me blotto and never even entering the stadium, think of it as a pub crawl with decent grub over the expanse of a moderately sized tesco car park.

Crybaby

Return of NFL on 20:03 - Sep 2 with 4748 viewsSpruceMoose

Return of NFL on 20:01 - Sep 2 by wkj

Indeed, It does tend to be a huge part of the experience, if not more so, than the game itself. Many a minor league tailgate party had me blotto and never even entering the stadium, think of it as a pub crawl with decent grub over the expanse of a moderately sized tesco car park.

Don't forget the random tribute during the seventh inning stretch to some old guy who was forced to kill some kids in Vietnam.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 20:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024