Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton's business 16:58 - Sep 2 with 6161 viewsMullet

Jack Hobbs, Liam Bridcutt, Will Buckley and a Belgian winger from Stoke thus far.

They're dead and buried aren't they, but it will be interesting to see how Hill uses these players and what effect it has on their results. The incessant 5 nil batterings will cease fairly quickly I assume.

Do you think there will be issues if us or Gillingham pip someone to promotion or relegation GD? I can see it being like the Blunts and West Ham over Tevez and Mascherano a lot of hand wringing and a token challenge which is dismissed.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bolton's business on 17:00 - Sep 2 with 4948 viewsKieran_Knows

I think they'll still sign several more, although probably not of the quality that will keep them up. 2 or 3 players are having their contracts cancelled at their clubs today (Joe Bunney & Ali Crawford) which will allow them to move after the 5pm deadline today.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bolton's business on 17:00 - Sep 2 with 4948 viewsSitfcB

Jake Wright on loan from Sheff U now as well.

I reckon they’ll beat the drop.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bolton's business on 17:01 - Sep 2 with 4922 viewswkj

Bolton's business on 17:00 - Sep 2 by SitfcB

Tbf there are some names cropping up that I k ow we'd have been clamouring for in the Championship

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Bolton's business on 17:02 - Sep 2 with 4915 viewsMullet

Would be fascinating if these new players have a big bonus for that in their contracts.

Bolton's business on 17:38 - Sep 2 with 4584 viewsTractorCam

They have 41 games to get to know each other, gel as a team, understand what the manager wants and make up 15 points. They will make a rise over time but can't see it, will probably take over Southend if that clown they have stays any longer.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Bolton's business on 17:39 - Sep 2 with 4578 viewskizaitfc

Doubt these players are on small wages though

Are they not in danger of being in the exact same problem in 6 months time?

Assume there is still a fine or a points deduction coming for the game they postponed too

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Bolton's business on 18:00 - Sep 2 with 4402 viewsGeoffSentence

Bolton's business on 17:39 - Sep 2 by kizaitfc

Assume there is still a fine or a points deduction coming for the game they postponed too

and there should be a penalty for the game they didn't play at the end of last season.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bolton's business on 18:01 - Sep 2 with 4392 viewsOwainG1992

Bolton's business on 18:00 - Sep 2 by GeoffSentence

and there should be a penalty for the game they didn't play at the end of last season.

They have signed josh emmanuel

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton's business on 18:04 - Sep 2 with 4363 viewsElderGrizzly

And funded by a very dubious looking takeover package

Bolton's business on 18:16 - Sep 2 with 4223 viewsMattinLondon

Overspending Bolton try to stay up by spending a lot.
Bolton's business on 18:23 - Sep 2 with 4144 viewsSitfcB

Murphy confirmed as well now and that’s it.

He will score goals in this league, and plenty of them.

:(

COYB

Bolton's business on 18:25 - Sep 2 with 4099 viewsbournemouthblue

Bolton's business on 17:38 - Sep 2 by TractorCam

They have 41 games to get to know each other, gel as a team, understand what the manager wants and make up 15 points. They will make a rise over time but can't see it, will probably take over Southend if that clown they have stays any longer.

They going to need to be getting around
60 points in 38 games? That is some going, not to mention all the upheaval with their squad etc

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bolton's business on 18:44 - Sep 2 with 3964 viewsSitfcB

COYB

Bolton's business on 18:46 - Sep 2 with 3939 viewswkj

Bolton's business on 18:44 - Sep 2 by SitfcB

In all honesty given the time he had at his disposal, there are some impressive names on that list to be fiar, a few who would handle the championship perfectly well too.

Crybaby

Bolton's business on 19:19 - Sep 2 with 3755 viewspointofblue

Bolton's business on 18:44 - Sep 2 by SitfcB

So their new XI: Matthews, Emmanuel, Earl, Hobbs, Wright, Verlinden, Buckley, L Murphy, Lowe, Crawford, D Murphy

That's pretty decent XI at this level but the EFL have left themselves open to a bit of controversy now - Gillingham, ourselves, Tranmere, Coventry (*cough*) and Wycombe have faced a much easier line up than the rest of the division will.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 23:25]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bolton's business on 19:25 - Sep 2 with 3713 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What is there to challenge over?

A team that had no players has signed some players. To a lesser degree it happens every transfer window and is the nature of having an option for transfers to occur during the season.

The more intriguing thing is what are they hoping to achieve? Those players are not building for a promotion challenge from League 2 next season, they would have to go some to avoid relegation with only 11 decent players between now and January.

They are also due 2 further punishments from the EFL for calling off games (last season and this season).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bolton's business on 19:29 - Sep 2 with 3681 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bolton's business on 18:25 - Sep 2 by bournemouthblue

They going to need to be getting around
60 points in 38 games? That is some going, not to mention all the upheaval with their squad etc

It’s not that many points at this level though really - and it may be even less given Bury’s demise meaning they only need to finish 4th bottom. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them do it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bolton's business on 19:31 - Sep 2 with 3671 viewshoppy

Bolton's business on 19:19 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

So their new XI: Matthews, Emmanuel, Earl, Hobbs, Wright, Verlinden, Buckley, L Murphy, Lowe, Crawford, D Murphy

That's pretty decent XI at this level but the EFL have left themselves open to a bit of controversy now - Gillingham, ourselves, Tranmere, Coventry (*cough*) and Wycombe have faced a much easier line up than the rest of the division will.

But that could be the case in any transfer window - irrespective of the problems, if one team splashes the cash on transfer deadline day, and games they've already played would've fielded weaker sides than they're then able to do.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bolton's business on 19:34 - Sep 2 with 3646 viewspointofblue

Bolton's business on 19:25 - Sep 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

A team that had no players has signed some players. To a lesser degree it happens every transfer window and is the nature of having an option for transfers to occur during the season.

The more intriguing thing is what are they hoping to achieve? Those players are not building for a promotion challenge from League 2 next season, they would have to go some to avoid relegation with only 11 decent players between now and January.

They are also due 2 further punishments from the EFL for calling off games (last season and this season).

It's the discrepancy between the two squads though - the first five teams they faced played against an academy squad (excluding Matthews, L Murphy, Lowe and, in Gillingham's case, Hobbs) whilst the remaining seventeen will play a team made up of experienced professionals twice. If Goal Difference or maybe a small points differential decides something this year...

I suppose they've bought them in to at least leave League One with some dignity. Perhaps they really think they can overhaul the eleven points and then some though it does look unlikely - I guess they have to try. As you say, I can't imagine many of those players dropping to League Two.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bolton's business on 19:35 - Sep 2 with 3627 viewsDubtractor

I dunno, if that list of players were good enough to demand good wages I suspect that they wouldn't have ended up at Bolton on deadline day.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bolton's business on 19:40 - Sep 2 with 3586 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bolton's business on 19:29 - Sep 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It’s not that many points at this level though really - and it may be even less given Bury’s demise meaning they only need to finish 4th bottom. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them do it

Last season 50 points was enough - just over a point per game. With this season being 44 matches that means around 47 points should be enough. That means they would need to gain 58 points from their next 39 matches plus make up whatever penalty the EFL apply for their 2 matches they called off without permission.

Without any further penalty they would need around 1.5 points per game which is pretty much play-off form. Can you imagine any side doing that with a squad of around 15 players, regardless of whether they include Josh Emmanuel and a 36-year-old Daryl Murphy?

Bolton's business on 19:42 - Sep 2 with 3562 viewswkj

Bolton's business on 19:19 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

Technically, they had the same transfer window as the rest of the league too, no special rules were put in place to allow them to team build. Even though Bolton had some extraordinary circumstances, any other team in the league could have made 9 signings on the deadline day.

Crybaby

Bolton's business on 19:56 - Sep 2 with 3488 viewsMrTown

Bolton's business on 18:04 - Sep 2 by ElderGrizzly

And funded by a very dubious looking takeover package

No real dubious action there, Sharon Brittan is the leading figure in the consortium. For her to take out a loan to a company merely means that she doesn't have to pay tax on the interest payback.

Nick Luckock is a partner at HgCapital. Venture Capitalist and Private Equity Firm.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bolton's business on 19:56 - Sep 2 with 3490 viewsMullet

Bolton's business on 19:25 - Sep 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think teams will find plenty. The takeover, the lack of punishment from not fulfilling their last fixture, the allowances made to ensure they don't fail etc. I'm not saying they'd be justified in doing so, but in a game like football with money at stake you can see clubs chancing their arm if it costs them a status in any division.

As much as we've all got goodwill for them not doing a Bury, there are plenty of fans who begrudge the Shakers and Bolton their status as it affected them directly in terms of being denied promotion or revenue. If Bolton are in anyway successful this season then I can foresee it ruffling feathers.

Bolton's business on 20:01 - Sep 2 with 3442 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bolton's business on 19:56 - Sep 2 by Mullet

I think teams will find plenty. The takeover, the lack of punishment from not fulfilling their last fixture, the allowances made to ensure they don't fail etc. I'm not saying they'd be justified in doing so, but in a game like football with money at stake you can see clubs chancing their arm if it costs them a status in any division.

As much as we've all got goodwill for them not doing a Bury, there are plenty of fans who begrudge the Shakers and Bolton their status as it affected them directly in terms of being denied promotion or revenue. If Bolton are in anyway successful this season then I can foresee it ruffling feathers.

Ah, so a team that is relegated challenging the EFL's lack of action against them - I misunderstood and thought you meant some sort of challenge against us having gained easy points.

I can't see them staying up even with the EFL not taking action (I hope they do and take stern enough to discourage other teams from doing it).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024