Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? 11:45 - Sep 3 with 1774 viewsBluearmy71

The old ones fit these guys brilliantly imo!!

Norwood to the tune of no limits just as Bontcho was, just substituting James to Jamie or a simple We got Norwood

Jackson to the tune of Born is the king of portman road!

Downes gets the legendary Johnny Wark's he's here, he's there, he's every fooking where

Woolfenden = Walking in a woolfy wonderland

Uncomplicated stuff that the crowd knows and when we all sing it, it will sound fooking amazing
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 11:55 - Sep 3 with 1311 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Right so how does that Woolfenden Chant then.

There's only one......

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Exactly. (n/t) on 11:57 - Sep 3 with 1302 viewsBloots

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 11:55 - Sep 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

There's only one......

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 11:58 - Sep 3 with 1300 viewsDyland

None of them actually fit well at all though.

ffs

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 11:59 - Sep 3 with 1300 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 11:55 - Sep 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

There's only one......

Sleigh bells ring are you listening
in the lane snow is glistening
We're walking along singing a song
Walking in a woolfy wonderland
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 11:59 - Sep 3 with 1295 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 11:58 - Sep 3 by Dyland

ffs

You do know them don't you?
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:00 - Sep 3 with 1294 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 11:59 - Sep 3 by Bluearmy71

Sleigh bells ring are you listening
in the lane snow is glistening
We're walking along singing a song
Walking in a woolfy wonderland

Yes... but that song then carries on to go

There's only one (Bobby Robson) for example

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:01 - Sep 3 with 1289 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 11:59 - Sep 3 by Bluearmy71

You do know them don't you?

To be honest I don't know what you mean by the Jackson one.

The others really aren't a good fit though.

Aye on 12:01 - Sep 3 with 1286 viewsDyland

Exactly. (n/t) on 11:57 - Sep 3 by Bloots

This is a C- effort.

Login to get fewer ads

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:02 - Sep 3 with 1283 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:00 - Sep 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

Yes... but that song then carries on to go

There's only one (Bobby Robson) for example

Why does it have to carry on??
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:04 - Sep 3 with 1275 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:01 - Sep 3 by Dyland

To be honest I don't know what you mean by the Jackson one.

The others really aren't a good fit though.

Jackson, jackson, jackson jackson born is the king of portman road

Worked brilliantly for David Johnson back in teh day
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:05 - Sep 3 with 1272 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:04 - Sep 3 by Bluearmy71

Jackson, jackson, jackson jackson born is the king of portman road

Worked brilliantly for David Johnson back in teh day

Kayden Jackson and David Johnson are indeed interchangeable in football chanting, yes.

So one out of four x

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:07 - Sep 3 with 1271 viewsDyland

There's only one......

Considering the OP says we can change Norwood's name (or even change the words, the original chant fits THAT well), I guess it's...

There's only one Lukey Wukey...
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 12:07]

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:07 - Sep 3 with 1268 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:05 - Sep 3 by Dyland

Kayden Jackson and David Johnson are indeed interchangeable in football chanting, yes.

So one out of four x

So what is making the other 3 not fit then, cos you actually can make them fit perfectly, unless you are commenting on more songs you are not familiar with!!
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:09 - Sep 3 with 1263 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:07 - Sep 3 by Dyland

Considering the OP says we can change Norwood's name (or even change the words, the original chant fits THAT well), I guess it's...

There's only one Lukey Wukey...
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 12:07]

So John warks name wasn't changed to fit his chant then????

Also is Wolfenden not know as Woolfy??
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 12:11]
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:10 - Sep 3 with 1261 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:07 - Sep 3 by Bluearmy71

So what is making the other 3 not fit then, cos you actually can make them fit perfectly, unless you are commenting on more songs you are not familiar with!!

Downes... you need to change his name to Flynney Downes.

Norwood... you need to change his name... or the words... as you actually say yourself. So not a perfect fit innit.

Woolfenden... where to begin.

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:11 - Sep 3 with 1254 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:09 - Sep 3 by Bluearmy71

So John warks name wasn't changed to fit his chant then????

Also is Wolfenden not know as Woolfy??
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 12:11]

I put it you that John to Johnnie is okay, and that Flynn to Flynny is not okay.

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:13 - Sep 3 with 1236 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:11 - Sep 3 by Dyland

I put it you that John to Johnnie is okay, and that Flynn to Flynny is not okay.

I do not accept your non putting of Flynn to Flynny, the song will work, its tried and tested and rocks the stadium, thats all you need to know ;)
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:17 - Sep 3 with 1226 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:10 - Sep 3 by Dyland

Downes... you need to change his name to Flynney Downes.

Norwood... you need to change his name... or the words... as you actually say yourself. So not a perfect fit innit.

Woolfenden... where to begin.

They are the perfect fit within the context of football chants just not within some lavish new pop song someone wants to come up with for a players name!

It needs to be simple and effective, thats the reason some chants have stood the test of time!
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:26 - Sep 3 with 1198 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:13 - Sep 3 by Bluearmy71

I do not accept your non putting of Flynn to Flynny, the song will work, its tried and tested and rocks the stadium, thats all you need to know ;)

No one is going to sing "One Flynny Downes..."

They may sing "One Flyyyyyn Downes..." elongating the first syllable. It doesn't fit though.

Call me pedantic. And correct.

:)

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:29 - Sep 3 with 1191 viewsSwansea_Blue

ffs

Can't go wrong with a good old 'give us an N...give us an O...etc. Ultimate flexibility. Interspersed with a few reminisces of Boxing Day and the hilarity of 'we're the left side...'

Sorted.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:30 - Sep 3 with 1187 viewsDyland

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:29 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

Can't go wrong with a good old 'give us an N...give us an O...etc. Ultimate flexibility. Interspersed with a few reminisces of Boxing Day and the hilarity of 'we're the left side...'

Sorted.

I'll just stick to the clapping one, thank you.

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:39 - Sep 3 with 1168 viewsBryanPlug

ffs

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:41 - Sep 3 with 1163 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:26 - Sep 3 by Dyland

They may sing "One Flyyyyyn Downes..." elongating the first syllable. It doesn't fit though.

Poetic license, if the Finny fits use it I say!!

I'll def call you pedantic but agreeing that you are correct will never pass my lips!!

FFs what do you mean "one flynny downes"...see it is another song you don't know, I explained the chant well enough in my OP did I not?? Well clearly not for you!!
Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:43 - Sep 3 with 1162 viewsSouperJim

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:26 - Sep 3 by Dyland

He's here
He's there
He's every effin where
Flynn Downes, Flynn Downes

It actually works just fine.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:46 - Sep 3 with 1150 viewsBluearmy71

Shiny bright brand new songs for players....why? on 12:43 - Sep 3 by SouperJim

He's here
He's there
He's every effin where
Flynn Downes, Flynn Downes

It actually works just fine.

Thank you, its a big help you got the right song too lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024