Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loanees - hands up 11:58 - Sep 3 with 2072 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Earlier in the Summer I was critical when we brought in Garbutt, followed by Norris and Georgiou. Criticism wasn’t aimed at the loanees themselves but the fact Lambert had made a big deal of not relying on loans and promoting the youth when he first joined, only to bring in several in January followed by these arrivals. At the time I believed further loans would be arriving before the window shut

Happy to hold my hands up that I was wrong. Circumstance may have played a part - seems likely that Elliott would have been added to that list had it not been for his injury, and it’s quite possible January will see further arrivals. However as it stands the balance in the squad looks very promising indeed. Well done Lambert

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Loanees - hands up on 12:19 - Sep 3 with 1972 viewsitfcjoe

Fair play, and whilst not as vocal felt we were going that path.

The Norris loan is totally understandable too, what with Bart not leaving permanently, so I'd almost discount that one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Loanees - hands up on 12:32 - Sep 3 with 1920 viewsKieran_Knows

I agreed with you at the time about the number of loan players, but on early viewing both Garbutt and Georgiou look a step up in quality from what we had/have. Also might be the chance to sign Garbutt permanently next summer, although I guess that would depend if we get promoted or not.

Agree with Joe about Norris, no complaints there given we loaned out Bart and he seems an able deputy for a year.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Loanees - hands up on 12:37 - Sep 3 with 1886 viewsSomethingBlue

Yep. Nagging feeling that having both Garbutt & Georgiou might be a bit much on that left flank if the former gets fit but generally the squad has a nice balance to it at the moment — both loan/permanent and positionally. It was always going to take time but sense Lambert is getting to a good place with it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Loanees - hands up on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 1842 viewsIllinoisblue

There is good competition for almost all places except left-back seemingly. Also relying on Keane getting and staying fit.

Early signs are encouraging.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Loanees - hands up on 12:53 - Sep 3 with 1795 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Loanees - hands up on 12:45 - Sep 3 by Illinoisblue

There is good competition for almost all places except left-back seemingly. Also relying on Keane getting and staying fit.

Early signs are encouraging.

Both Georgiou and Garbutt can play at LB, not ideal, but can do a job.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Loanees - hands up on 12:59 - Sep 3 with 1759 viewsEly_Blue

Loanees - hands up on 12:53 - Sep 3 by JammyDodgerrr

You mean like Donacian can play at Right Back .......... well apparently he can do, I haven’t seen much evidence of it yet

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Loanees - hands up on 13:00 - Sep 3 with 1748 viewsSouperJim

Loanees - hands up on 12:53 - Sep 3 by JammyDodgerrr

That's why we loaned those two innit, Kenlock the only "proper" left sided player at the club. I'm sure Lambo would have preferred permanent signings, but we badly needed reinforcements to play on the left. That's how the loan market should be used.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Loanees - hands up on 13:03 - Sep 3 with 1730 viewshomer_123

Loanees - hands up on 12:37 - Sep 3 by SomethingBlue

Yep. Nagging feeling that having both Garbutt & Georgiou might be a bit much on that left flank if the former gets fit but generally the squad has a nice balance to it at the moment — both loan/permanent and positionally. It was always going to take time but sense Lambert is getting to a good place with it.

Garbutt at left back with Georgiou in front.....now that could be very interesting!

Garbutts contract is up at Everton....so if we get promoted...there is a chance we could get him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Loanees - hands up on 13:04 - Sep 3 with 1715 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Loanees - hands up on 12:59 - Sep 3 by Ely_Blue

You mean like Donacian can play at Right Back .......... well apparently he can do, I haven’t seen much evidence of it yet

He can play left back too. He's perfectly fine as a right back.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024