Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems 15:41 - Sep 3 with 2933 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tories lose their majority. They have to call an election now. They can’t go on like this.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 18:55 - Sep 3 with 419 viewsSwansea_Blue

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 18:53 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is BoJo not now leading a minority government as opposed to a minority government propped up by the DUP?

If he chooses to resign anyone else is entitled to attempt to form a different coalition or minority government are they not?

The fixed term parliament act means he can't just call a general election without the support of parliament doesn't it?

Yep
Think so
Yep

Fair to say he's not having the best of days so far. And it may well get worse for him at after 10pm. Still at least he can go home and play with his puppy after this is all over.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 19:03 - Sep 3 with 401 viewsWeWereZombies

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 18:05 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

That whole session looked like a remarkable piece of theatre. Lee crossing the floor as Boris was talking - you could see his gears turning trying to work out how to deal with that. Boris blatantly lying about the talks (lack of) and detailed backstop plans (also lack of). Gove's poker face was simply superb given the nonsense he was talking about. Blackford showing Corbyn how to dig the knife in. Amazing really.

That's the first decent performance I have seen from Ian Blackford, I guess everyone has to be good at something...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 19:06 - Sep 3 with 391 viewsGlasgowBlue

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 18:53 - Sep 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is BoJo not now leading a minority government as opposed to a minority government propped up by the DUP?

If he chooses to resign anyone else is entitled to attempt to form a different coalition or minority government are they not?

The fixed term parliament act means he can't just call a general election without the support of parliament doesn't it?

The numbers mean that whoever tries to form a government will be a minority. We can't carry on like this. Even if a GE results in another hung Parliament there should at least be the numbers for a coalition government.

Iron Lion Zion

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 19:08 - Sep 3 with 389 viewssparks

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 19:06 - Sep 3 by GlasgowBlue

The numbers mean that whoever tries to form a government will be a minority. We can't carry on like this. Even if a GE results in another hung Parliament there should at least be the numbers for a coalition government.

Lets hope so.

This is chaos. And the levels of hypocrisy and dishonesty are frightening.

If we let this ride and Boris gets away with it all- we are basically in Trumpsville.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 19:11 - Sep 3 with 382 viewsGlasgowBlue

Philip Lee joins the Lib Dems on 19:08 - Sep 3 by sparks

Lets hope so.

This is chaos. And the levels of hypocrisy and dishonesty are frightening.

If we let this ride and Boris gets away with it all- we are basically in Trumpsville.

Yep.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024