Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowley brothers could be on the move 16:39 - Sep 3 with 3049 viewsitfc_bucks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7423179/Lincoln-manager-Danny

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:41 - Sep 3 with 2986 viewsvilanovablue

I wonder if they will following in the footsteps of Jones and Hurst who both fluffed the step up to the Championship...
Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:43 - Sep 3 with 2954 viewsWeWereZombies

Are they taking over from Boris Johnson?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:43 - Sep 3 with 2950 viewsBigManBlue

If they don't go, I still wouldn't be too surprised to see them next year with Lincoln. Whether their style will cut it once they're there is a different matter, but what they've achieved is nevertheless deserving of very high praise.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:46 - Sep 3 with 2927 viewsGeoffSentence

The compensation for managers seems ludicrously low. More than any single player, the manager will make a massive difference to a club.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:51 - Sep 3 with 2874 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:46 - Sep 3 by GeoffSentence

The compensation for managers seems ludicrously low. More than any single player, the manager will make a massive difference to a club.

Would like to see them stay and secure second place ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:52 - Sep 3 with 2862 viewsKieran_Knows

I've always thought that as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:57 - Sep 3 with 2795 viewsBLUEBEAT

Them leaving Lincoln would probably help Ipswich’s target of automatic promotion.

Imps are bound to have a wobble if they jump ship.

Poll: W or W

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:20 - Sep 3 with 2644 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:25 - Sep 3 with 2597 viewsitfc_bucks

Just to add, I remember several board self appointed intelligentsia saying they're too low brow for us.
Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:26 - Sep 3 with 2590 viewsKeaneish

They should stay at Lincoln.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:29 - Sep 3 with 2568 viewsSpruceMoose

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:25 - Sep 3 by itfc_bucks

Just to add, I remember several board self appointed intelligentsia saying they're too low brow for us.

Yeah, they were just what the numbskulls were after at the time we got rid of Mick, weren't they? Some lovely thugggish hoofball.

You should listen to the clever people you know.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:30 - Sep 3 with 2561 viewsBLUEBEAT

Really? I thought the general consensus was wanting them rather than Hurst...

Poll: W or W

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:35 - Sep 3 with 2531 viewsfloridablue

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:30 - Sep 3 by BLUEBEAT

Not from what I can recall.
Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:38 - Sep 3 with 2503 viewsSpruceMoose

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:30 - Sep 3 by BLUEBEAT

I remember a few lone voices wanting them, but in the main everyone wanted a change from that Mick style football.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 17:41 - Sep 3 with 2488 viewsmonty_radio

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:41 - Sep 3 by vilanovablue

I wonder if they will following in the footsteps of Jones and Hurst who both fluffed the step up to the Championship...

You could arguably add Jack Ross and Paul Cook to that list. All of these had their supporters when we were first looking; and most on here would have taken any of those when set against the various horror lists that included the likes of Megson, MacClaren, Grayson, Pardew et al.

Not so easy is it? Four youngish and seemingly hungry managers all now with mud on their C.V.s. Not to mention that Lambert would have made almost nobody's list back then.

So many wise-after-the-event commentators, especially re Hurst, but it is just not easy to call it in the case of most managers before they are pitched into different circumstances.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 17:44]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 18:03 - Sep 3 with 2362 viewsTheBoyBlue

Difficult balancing act for them. They could conceivably take Lincoln to the Championship, which would be a fantastic achievement and as far as they could take them. However, if they wait until it all starts going wrong, their stock falls.

That said, I think they're absolutely right not to go to Huddersfield.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 18:04 - Sep 3 with 2355 viewsfactual_blue

Ahem. 'Self-appointed'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 18:07 - Sep 3 with 2338 viewsSwansea_Blue

Where are they going? Sorry, but I'm not going to give the Mail clicks/advertising.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 18:07 - Sep 3 with 2335 viewsfactual_blue

if they're on £140k (I assume each) at Lincoln, then the compensation (£1.5m) is about five years salary per Cowley.

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 18:08 - Sep 3 with 2330 viewsfactual_blue

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 16:43 - Sep 3 by WeWereZombies

Are they taking over from Boris Johnson?

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed.

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 18:14 - Sep 3 with 2279 viewsDanTheMan

Cowley brothers could be on the move on 18:07 - Sep 3 by Swansea_Blue

Where are they going? Sorry, but I'm not going to give the Mail clicks/advertising.

Apparently rejected Huddersfield but in talks with Sheff Wed.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024