Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My view of the season and tonight's game against Spurs U21s 01:10 - Sep 4 with 1422 viewsharlingblue

We must keep this winning mentality, be it league or cup. The belief that we can't be beaten is something that every Town player must believe in, be it fighting back to claim league points or a passage to the next round of cup games.
Fortress Portman Road is starting to be reclaimed.
Highlights for me from tonight's game was the tenacious trickery of Dobra and a masterful performance from Huws.
I would like PL to embraced this competition as a vehicle to get 1st team/squad players, returning from injuries up to speed whilst also giving the best of our youth a chance, and sticking to a 4-4-2, which seems the best suited and most successful for the club?
My view of the season and tonight's game against Spurs U21s on 08:45 - Sep 4 with 1198 viewsDarth_Koont

Huws was ridiculously good at times. I know it was Spurs 4th team or whatever but he didn't have to use his size and strength, such was his control of the ball.

Nolan was good too. Nothing flash but kept things moving and made some excellent runs off the ball.

Be interesting to see how Lambert works this out. We've got so many of our better players that are central/narrow midfielders, but we look more effective with width and two up top.

Pronouns: He/Him

My view of the season and tonight's game against Spurs U21s on 08:48 - Sep 4 with 1186 viewsunstableblue

My view of the season and tonight's game against Spurs U21s on 08:45 - Sep 4 by Darth_Koont

Huws was ridiculously good at times. I know it was Spurs 4th team or whatever but he didn't have to use his size and strength, such was his control of the ball.

Nolan was good too. Nothing flash but kept things moving and made some excellent runs off the ball.

Be interesting to see how Lambert works this out. We've got so many of our better players that are central/narrow midfielders, but we look more effective with width and two up top.

Were you at Bolton away Darth?

As soon as he came on just oozed class; purring on the ball. Much stronger in possession than I remembered. Able to make space for himself. The vision for a good pass (a la Dozzell). And a good shot.

He has to start for the first team soon, surely?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

My view of the season and tonight's game against Spurs U21s on 09:22 - Sep 4 with 1119 viewsIpswichKnight

My view of the season and tonight's game against Spurs U21s on 08:48 - Sep 4 by unstableblue

As soon as he came on just oozed class; purring on the ball. Much stronger in possession than I remembered. Able to make space for himself. The vision for a good pass (a la Dozzell). And a good shot.

Only way we can do that is to go 3-5-2 which might work in getting Toto back into the team as well. We can't go one up front again now that we have a partnership that is forming and starting to work.

It looks the best formation to get the right players back in the team it allows us to share 2 of the middle 3 between Skuse, Downes and Huws and allows us to play Judge or Nolan as the more advanced of the 3 midfielders.
My view of the season and tonight's game against Spurs U21s on 11:49 - Sep 4 with 1030 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

My view of the season and tonight's game against Spurs U21s on 08:48 - Sep 4 by unstableblue

Looked a different level at Burton too.
My view of the season and tonight's game against Spurs U21s on 17:36 - Sep 4 with 928 viewsDarth_Koont

No, but watched it.

I think he's a great player for the reasons you say. But then raises the question of how we want to play and what makes us most effective. If we're going to play more direct and get the ball up to the front two quickly knowing they'll cause problems then there's a place for Judge and his more erratic and hopeful style of play. If we want to control the ball and/or break down the opposition then I think the guile of Huws is better.

But not really sure how that all works together and with Skuse and Downes who have been the standout players along with the the front two. At least League One is a place where we can solve these problems and refine our approach while scoring goals and not getting punished, but I get the feeling we'll still need to sort out our favoured identity and formation if we're going to take an automatic spot as well as hit the ground running next year.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024