Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. 12:39 - Sep 4 with 4709 viewsBlueBadger

SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford asks Mr Johnson to act to remove the threat of a "catastrophic no-deal Brexit".

Mr Johnson's reply about implementing the result of the referendum prompts a mocking response from Mr Blackford.

"I know he's a new boy," he says, to whoops from MPs.

"We ask the questions - he's supposed to answer them."

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:41 - Sep 4 with 2711 viewsSikamikanico

I liked that one as well.

Boris is certainly coming across as someone whose mentality is very much still as a schoolboy.
BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:44 - Sep 4 with 2676 viewsRyorry

Dammit, listening to TMS I totally forgot about PMQs, had intended to switch stations at noon!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:44 - Sep 4 with 2673 viewsBackToRussia

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:41 - Sep 4 by Sikamikanico

I liked that one as well.

Boris is certainly coming across as someone whose mentality is very much still as a schoolboy.

Of course it is. Do you really think he's progressed from the Bullingdon club?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:46 - Sep 4 with 2656 viewsSikamikanico

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:44 - Sep 4 by BackToRussia

No I would not have done. But surely he would have been coached by his team into not showing he hasn't straightaway?
BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:47 - Sep 4 with 2661 viewsBlueBadger

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:44 - Sep 4 by BackToRussia

In a very real sense, the only difference between his behaviour now and his behaviour at the Bullingdon is the scale of the establishment he's wreaking careless damage on and expecting others to clean up for him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:50 - Sep 4 with 2628 viewsBackToRussia

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:46 - Sep 4 by Sikamikanico

No I would not have done. But surely he would have been coached by his team into not showing he hasn't straightaway?

I think they relied upon a certain cult of personality with Boris, but that's about 5 years out of date. People had an affection for him while he was doing things that were fairly unimportant, but since he's been a foreign secretary, people have realised that his lack of care actually has big and real consequences, see the British Iranian lady being imprisoned.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:51 - Sep 4 with 2624 viewsBackToRussia

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:47 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

In a very real sense, the only difference between his behaviour now and his behaviour at the Bullingdon is the scale of the establishment he's wreaking careless damage on and expecting others to clean up for him.

Haha, very good.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:53 - Sep 4 with 2609 viewsitfcjoe

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:50 - Sep 4 by BackToRussia

I think they relied upon a certain cult of personality with Boris, but that's about 5 years out of date. People had an affection for him while he was doing things that were fairly unimportant, but since he's been a foreign secretary, people have realised that his lack of care actually has big and real consequences, see the British Iranian lady being imprisoned.

I think it's the whole Brexit Bus thing and the blatant lies on the campaign trail too, just showed clearly he wasn't just a character but was untrustworthy

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:54 - Sep 4 with 2601 viewsBlueBadger

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:50 - Sep 4 by BackToRussia

Ah now, Boris has gone from being a cult to a massive cult now.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:55 - Sep 4 with 2588 viewsRyorry

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:53 - Sep 4 by itfcjoe

I think it's the whole Brexit Bus thing and the blatant lies on the campaign trail too, just showed clearly he wasn't just a character but was untrustworthy

Pity so many millions of voters couldn't, or didn't want to, see that in 2016 ...

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:56 - Sep 4 with 2575 viewsBackToRussia

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:53 - Sep 4 by itfcjoe

Ah yes you're right, his role in the Brexit campaign is way more relevant and damaging. It also came out in the last month that he was going to campaign for Remain but had flip flopped on that too.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:00 - Sep 4 with 2531 viewsSwansea_Blue

Car crash from Boris. He's really spectaculalrly sh*t at all of this. Possibly worse than May, which is saying something.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:00 - Sep 4 with 2533 viewsitfcjoe

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:56 - Sep 4 by BackToRussia

Ah yes you're right, his role in the Brexit campaign is way more relevant and damaging. It also came out in the last month that he was going to campaign for Remain but had flip flopped on that too.

Whoever was responsible for it, it was always the Boris Bus - and on the morning after the referendum they already were back pedalling from that 'promise'.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:00 - Sep 4 with 2529 viewsBlueBadger

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 12:55 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

Pity so many millions of voters couldn't, or didn't want to, see that in 2016 ...

You just weren't behind your country hard enough, you filthy traitor.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:00 - Sep 4 with 2531 viewsSE1blue

On BBC’s Parliament channel, JRM was described as a ‘haunted Victorian pencil’.

So apt.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:01 - Sep 4 with 2525 viewsBlueBadger

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:00 - Sep 4 by Swansea_Blue

Car crash from Boris. He's really spectaculalrly sh*t at all of this. Possibly worse than May, which is saying something.

It's really almost impressive that he's making the Dear Leader look not only competent but really rather good in comparison.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:03 - Sep 4 with 2494 viewsRyorry

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:00 - Sep 4 by Swansea_Blue

I certainly wasn't a fan of May's, but at least she had some sort of genuine care for the country, wasn't just out for her own personal gain, and wasn't actually malicious like Boris is.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:09 - Sep 4 with 2475 viewsHerbivore

The past couple of days we've seen why Alexander the not so Great's handlers have been desperate to keep him away from any questioning or scrutiny since May resigned. When faced with any degree of scrutiny he absolutely crumbles and is so deeply unimpressive that you wonder how anyone ever could have been sucked in by him. The more this goes on the harder it'll be for him to win an election. Aside from the Brexit Party hardliners who have their earmuffs and blinkers on, nobody can surely countenance a vote for a shambolic Tory government led by this clown.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:23 - Sep 4 with 2407 viewsSteve_M

And there was this:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:28 - Sep 4 with 2376 viewsRyorry

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:09 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

The past couple of days we've seen why Alexander the not so Great's handlers have been desperate to keep him away from any questioning or scrutiny since May resigned. When faced with any degree of scrutiny he absolutely crumbles and is so deeply unimpressive that you wonder how anyone ever could have been sucked in by him. The more this goes on the harder it'll be for him to win an election. Aside from the Brexit Party hardliners who have their earmuffs and blinkers on, nobody can surely countenance a vote for a shambolic Tory government led by this clown.

Trouble is the automatic voters deep in the shires are such diehards & reluctant to use any braincells they may have when it comes to GEs that if they were turkeys, they'd automatically vote for Christmas - and probably to reinstate the local slaughterhouses that were shut down a few years ago (because of EU regs) with which to despatch themselves too!

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:32 - Sep 4 with 2350 viewsGuthrum

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:28 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

Trouble is the automatic voters deep in the shires are such diehards & reluctant to use any braincells they may have when it comes to GEs that if they were turkeys, they'd automatically vote for Christmas - and probably to reinstate the local slaughterhouses that were shut down a few years ago (because of EU regs) with which to despatch themselves too!

But they vote Conservative already. It won't make any difference to the result.

Where the swing happens is in the medium-sized towns, the great urban areas of the North and Midlands, plus Scotland. In those places, the situation is a lot more complex.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:37 - Sep 4 with 2294 viewsBackToRussia

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:32 - Sep 4 by Guthrum

But they vote Conservative already. It won't make any difference to the result.

Where the swing happens is in the medium-sized towns, the great urban areas of the North and Midlands, plus Scotland. In those places, the situation is a lot more complex.

Scotland being broadly Remain is interesting for Labour. If they can paint themselves as broadly Remain, they could win some of it back. Think the SNP are quite popular at the moment tho?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:37 - Sep 4 with 2297 viewsHerbivore

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:28 - Sep 4 by Ryorry

Agreed, but it's not those safe seats that can win him a majority. He stands to lose (I expect) most of not all of the seats the Tories gained in Scotland. There are a number of Tory marginals they stand to lose. Despite the recent polls I find it hard to see how he makes sufficient gains to win an outright majority.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:38 - Sep 4 with 2285 viewsitfcjoe

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:37 - Sep 4 by BackToRussia

Scotland being broadly Remain is interesting for Labour. If they can paint themselves as broadly Remain, they could win some of it back. Think the SNP are quite popular at the moment tho?

I don't think 'broadly remain' will cut it in Scotland

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:40 - Sep 4 with 2270 viewsGuthrum

BBC PMQ's thread is glorious today. on 13:37 - Sep 4 by BackToRussia

The SNP are very Remain. They are more likely to take seats from Labour. Of more useful leverage for the latter is the Independence debate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024