Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I could say.... 18:49 - Sep 4 with 1954 viewshampstead_blue

....Calm down dear....
.....it's going to be OK....

and a few other cliches.

It looks like the Head of the BoE is changing his 'fear' tune.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49585799?intlink_from_url= https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics&link_location=live-reporting-story

P.S: I don't think no deal is a good idea btw.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I could say.... on 18:51 - Sep 4 with 1592 viewswkj

A no-deal exit from the EU would probably see the economy shrink by less than previously estimated, Bank of England Governor Mark Carney has said.

Probably because a big chunk of the economy shrink has happened already, more than he might have anticipated when first making the claim

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I could say.... on 18:52 - Sep 4 with 1585 viewsBlueBadger

Hurrah! We'll be slightly less f*cked under a Blue Passports and No Foriegners Brexit!
Get Behind Your Country Remoaner Loosers!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I could say.... on 18:55 - Sep 4 with 1567 viewsWeWereZombies

There are always error bars along the points of economic predictions so these new forecasts may be no more of a successful indicator of a, relatively, optimistic no-deal result than earlier ones were relatively pessimistic. And they assume that no other major World event nixes the forecasts, we are more vulnerable than we otherwise would be.

I think the BBC live feed has moved on and left your second link defunct by the way.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

I could say.... on 18:55 - Sep 4 with 1568 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who’d have thunk it? The more that can be done to prepare, the lower the risk of being caught with our trousers down. There’s a surprise.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I could say.... on 18:58 - Sep 4 with 1549 viewsBlueBadger

I could say.... on 18:55 - Sep 4 by Swansea_Blue

Who’d have thunk it? The more that can be done to prepare, the lower the risk of being caught with our trousers down. There’s a surprise.

So, long story short, we're still f*cked.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I could say.... on 18:59 - Sep 4 with 1551 viewsHerbivore

The economy shrinking by more than 5%, unemployment and inflation both rising significantly. Yeah, it'll all be fine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I could say.... on 19:07 - Sep 4 with 1519 viewsBlueBadger

I could say.... on 18:59 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

The economy shrinking by more than 5%, unemployment and inflation both rising significantly. Yeah, it'll all be fine.

For added context, the 2008 recession shrunk the economy by 6%.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdomesticproductgdp/articles/the2008recession

I could say.... on 19:16 - Sep 4 with 1485 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I could say.... on 18:59 - Sep 4 by Herbivore

It comes to something when that is floated as a good news story!! LOL

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

I could say.... on 19:18 - Sep 4 with 1480 viewshampstead_blue

I could say.... on 18:58 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

So, long story short, we're still f*cked.

No....I don't think so.

I was at a major Japanese car manufacturer today. The senior managers and UK Board member I spoke to all feel No Deal will be a pain in the ass for a very short while but because they are so big, the EU and British Governments will make sure friction will be minimal.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

I could say.... on 19:20 - Sep 4 with 1470 viewsBlueBadger

I could say.... on 19:18 - Sep 4 by hampstead_blue

No....I don't think so.

I was at a major Japanese car manufacturer today. The senior managers and UK Board member I spoke to all feel No Deal will be a pain in the ass for a very short while but because they are so big, the EU and British Governments will make sure friction will be minimal.

I rather fear that this Totally Real Major Japanese Business Dude, like you, is overestimating the competence of the UK government and the ease in which a trading deal will be agreed.

The spectres of free movement, customs unions and monies owed will be back in the wake of a Blue Passports and No Foreigners Brexit and we won't be in a strong enough position to say no but a Boris-led administration will still be stupid enough to posture about standing up to foreigner rather than doing what's best for the country.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 19:31]

I could say.... on 19:20 - Sep 4 with 1465 viewseireblue

So, we should believe experts?
I could say.... on 19:34 - Sep 4 with 1436 viewshampstead_blue

I could say.... on 19:20 - Sep 4 by BlueBadger

I rather fear that this Totally Real Major Japanese Business Dude, like you, is overestimating the competence of the UK government and the ease in which a trading deal will be agreed.

The spectres of free movement, customs unions and monies owed will be back in the wake of a Blue Passports and No Foreigners Brexit and we won't be in a strong enough position to say no but a Boris-led administration will still be stupid enough to posture about standing up to foreigner rather than doing what's best for the country.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 19:31]

they believe that both sides will sort it out darn quick.

Having said that, they have made contingencies.

I could say.... on 19:34 - Sep 4 with 1434 viewsBlueBadger

I could say.... on 19:16 - Sep 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

It comes to something when that is floated as a good news story!! LOL

The only people losing their jobs will be Liberal Elite types and Experts so it'll be fine.

I could say.... on 19:35 - Sep 4 with 1433 viewsPinewoodblue

"Better border preparations, a temporary deal for financial services companies to access UK markets, and a deal on the market for financial insurance products, have all been put in place since November, he told the Treasury Select Committee.
"The impact of that has been to reduce the worst case scenario."

How can this be trueif we a not negotiating with the EU?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I could say.... on 19:36 - Sep 4 with 1432 viewsBlueBadger

I could say.... on 19:34 - Sep 4 by hampstead_blue

they believe that both sides will sort it out darn quick.

Having said that, they have made contingencies.

The EU have been planning for a lot longer and I suspect, far more competently, than we have. The Grayling ferries farce anyone? The recent revelations from Dr David Nicholl anyone?

I could say.... on 19:41 - Sep 4 with 1404 viewsBlueBadger

I could say.... on 19:35 - Sep 4 by Pinewoodblue

"Better border preparations, a temporary deal for financial services companies to access UK markets, and a deal on the market for financial insurance products, have all been put in place since November, he told the Treasury Select Committee.

'Since November'. Suggesting it's been done before the current incompetents decided that Blue Passports and No Foreigners was a better option than Let's Try Not To Shaft Ourselves Too Hard, EH?

I could say.... on 19:44 - Sep 4 with 1398 viewsGuthrum

I could say.... on 19:35 - Sep 4 by Pinewoodblue

We're apparently not just at the moment, but a lot happened between November and this summer.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I could say.... on 19:45 - Sep 4 with 1394 viewsBlueBadger

I could say.... on 19:44 - Sep 4 by Guthrum

We're apparently not just at the moment, but a lot happened between November and this summer.

I also suspect that a fair few of these arrangements would be likely null and void in teh event of a no-deal, as well.

I could say.... on 19:49 - Sep 4 with 1386 viewsBloomBlue

Financial expert gets prediction wrong, nobody will surprised by that. Same as when none of the same experts predicted the biggest market crash in 80 years.

And no good blaming the current decrease as that has been caused by the US / China tariff war you only have to look at the German economy to understand that impact, Germany will be in recession soon.
I could say.... on 19:52 - Sep 4 with 1377 viewsChurchman

One of the problems in helping people understand is the amount of misinformation out there. Journalists on this subject up until 3 months ago generally took a nugget of information and made a story. Most of what was reported, including the BBC, until then was distorted rubbish. I can’t think it’s changed much in recent months.

This was certainly the case with no deal preparation. I suspect Carney’s changing view is more to do with the hard work that’s been done than anything else.
I could say.... on 19:55 - Sep 4 with 1366 viewsPinewoodblue

I could say.... on 19:44 - Sep 4 by Guthrum

If the UK and the EU agree to implement everything that has already been agreed would this constitute a deal, making today's debate a waste of time.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

I could say.... on 19:57 - Sep 4 with 1360 viewsBlueBadger

I could say.... on 19:55 - Sep 4 by Pinewoodblue

If the UK and the EU agree to implement everything that has already been agreed would this constitute a deal, making today's debate a waste of time.

Sooner or later, there will have to be a deal. Whatt is still, just about in our hands, is if we're negotiating from a position of relative strength as things stand or one of weakness, in a hard recession.

I could say.... on 20:01 - Sep 4 with 1347 viewsBlueBadger

I could say.... on 19:49 - Sep 4 by BloomBlue

Financial expert gets prediction wrong, nobody will surprised by that. Same as when none of the same experts predicted the biggest market crash in 80 years.

And no good blaming the current decrease as that has been caused by the US / China tariff war you only have to look at the German economy to understand that impact, Germany will be in recession soon.

He's only downgraded his prediction from 'utterly horrific clusterf*ck' to 'horrific clusterf*ck' though, when it comes down to it. It's not predicting fairies and unicorns, it's predicting a crash on similar scale to 2008. Only we'll be going it alone, having pissed off our biggest trading partners this time.

I could say.... on 20:04 - Sep 4 with 1341 viewsChurchman

Most of what has been agreed will be implemented with or without a deal. This stuff was never a debating issue for the EU or the UK, so you make a very valid point.
I could say.... on 20:12 - Sep 4 with 1320 viewsGuthrum

Yes, it would, or at least some species of Withdrawal Agreement. But there are clearly many areas which have not yet been dealt with (e.g. the intra-Irish border) - which is why today's debate is happening.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024