Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL 10:21 - Sep 5 with 3719 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sale-derby-countys

Doubt it will come to anything, but it's right that it's being looked into.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:22 - Sep 5 with 3693 viewsSwansea_Blue

Obviously a workaround and not in the intended spirit of the rules, but I suspect you're right. It'll be dismissed out on a technicality or something because this specific case wasn't explicitly forbidden in the rule. or something like that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:24 - Sep 5 with 3674 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:22 - Sep 5 by Swansea_Blue

Obviously a workaround and not in the intended spirit of the rules, but I suspect you're right. It'll be dismissed out on a technicality or something because this specific case wasn't explicitly forbidden in the rule. or something like that.

Looks like they are investigating on the grounds of market value.

Was the stadium worth £80m?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:26 - Sep 5 with 3658 viewsSwansea_Blue

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:24 - Sep 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Looks like they are investigating on the grounds of market value.

Was the stadium worth £80m?

I hadn't read the article, but that seems a tad on the high side. You can build an identikit stadium like that for under £30m.

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:29 - Sep 5 with 3624 viewsDeano69

I thought they were the blueprint and model club for the championship (or so say TalkSport)

#chokers

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:35 - Sep 5 with 3591 viewsMetal_Hacker

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:29 - Sep 5 by Deano69

I thought they were the blueprint and model club for the championship (or so say TalkSport)

#chokers

Or so a certain Jim White keeps stating

Poll: If it were one or the other

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:40 - Sep 5 with 3576 viewsSWGF

Additionally

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:45 - Sep 5 with 3537 viewsGuthrum

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:22 - Sep 5 by Swansea_Blue

I believe there are specific rules on not over-valuing transactions involving companies linked to the club's ownership.

The justification that 'the ground is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it' only holds water if it's an entirely external and unrelated buyer, not a company owned by Morris.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:48 - Sep 5 with 3514 viewsSwansea_Blue

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:45 - Sep 5 by Guthrum

I believe there are specific rules on not over-valuing transactions involving companies linked to the club's ownership.

The justification that 'the ground is worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it' only holds water if it's an entirely external and unrelated buyer, not a company owned by Morris.

Yep, I hadn't realised it was a ground valuation issue as opposed to simply the principle of selling the ground 'internally'. Fair point. £80m does seem a high valuation.

Login to get fewer ads

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 11:30 - Sep 5 with 3434 viewsBent_double

I actually think something will come of it - the eyes of the football world are on the EFL at the moment because of what they are doing/not doing in the cases of Bury and Bolton, so I think they will have to come out with a very firm statement of what will happen to Derby, something along the lines of, "We believe the true market value to be £30m (for example), so will use that figure when calculating the clubs expenditure under FFP".

On that basis, Derby would either fail FFP and be fined or have points deducted, although I appreciate loses are calculated over 3 seasons now, or they will have to sell players to make up the shortfall.

Or they might get promoted and not give a damn...

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 11:33 - Sep 5 with 3423 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:48 - Sep 5 by Swansea_Blue

Yep, I hadn't realised it was a ground valuation issue as opposed to simply the principle of selling the ground 'internally'. Fair point. £80m does seem a high valuation.

IIRC, there is a valuation report on the stadium saying it was worth £40m.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 11:38 - Sep 5 with 3409 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 10:45 - Sep 5 by Guthrum

Agreed. A key principle of market value is the idea of the transaction having been made 'at arms length'.

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 11:39 - Sep 5 with 3406 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Could we get sponsors for the program boxes?
Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 11:59 - Sep 5 with 3341 viewsKieran_Knows

They'll get fined about £3.50 then. That'll teach them.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 12:22 - Sep 5 with 3280 viewsSuperblue95

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 11:30 - Sep 5 by Bent_double

I actually think something will come of it - the eyes of the football world are on the EFL at the moment because of what they are doing/not doing in the cases of Bury and Bolton, so I think they will have to come out with a very firm statement of what will happen to Derby, something along the lines of, "We believe the true market value to be £30m (for example), so will use that figure when calculating the clubs expenditure under FFP".

On that basis, Derby would either fail FFP and be fined or have points deducted, although I appreciate loses are calculated over 3 seasons now, or they will have to sell players to make up the shortfall.

Or they might get promoted and not give a damn...

Wouldn’t it be a shame if a points deduction coupled with their current form led to relegation, the owner pulling the plug and a Bolton/Bury situation being created.

Not going to happen unfortunately but it’s nice to dream

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 12:24 - Sep 5 with 3267 viewsGuthrum

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 11:59 - Sep 5 by Kieran_Knows

Under the new, tighter regulations, they might get a points deduction.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 12:52 - Sep 5 with 3201 viewsFPL_Tractor

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 12:24 - Sep 5 by Guthrum

Under the new, tighter regulations, they might get a points deduction.

Might, but won't.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 17:45 - Sep 5 with 3001 viewsActionMan

The rules are madness though.

Derby County's owner wants to invest in the team but can't .. from a purely business perspective why can't he make a loss on his investment until he makes a profit? If he's willing to keep the club afloat and everyone's getting paid? How is that unfair on anyone? A lot of businesses have debt and make huge losses as they are building themselves, thats typically how it works, nothing just magically happens over night but in football we have some sort of weird block on investment allegedly in the name of fair competition.

Imagine had these rules existed when Man City were in the third division, they wouldn't have flown back up the leagues, on top of being given a stadium - it's one set of rules for them and another for everyone else. And even now those big clubs owe millions as debt is a pretty standard thing in big business.

As much as Derby trying to buy success has been a failure for them - if the owner can afford it, and wants to do it, can pay his debts and what not then he should be able to do what he likes anyway without silly workarounds such as this stadium scam or the whole Rooney thing.
Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 08:54 - Sep 6 with 2673 viewsitfcjoe

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 17:45 - Sep 5 by ActionMan

Derby County's owner wants to invest in the team but can't .. from a purely business perspective why can't he make a loss on his investment until he makes a profit? If he's willing to keep the club afloat and everyone's getting paid? How is that unfair on anyone? A lot of businesses have debt and make huge losses as they are building themselves, thats typically how it works, nothing just magically happens over night but in football we have some sort of weird block on investment allegedly in the name of fair competition.

Imagine had these rules existed when Man City were in the third division, they wouldn't have flown back up the leagues, on top of being given a stadium - it's one set of rules for them and another for everyone else. And even now those big clubs owe millions as debt is a pretty standard thing in big business.

As much as Derby trying to buy success has been a failure for them - if the owner can afford it, and wants to do it, can pay his debts and what not then he should be able to do what he likes anyway without silly workarounds such as this stadium scam or the whole Rooney thing.

I agree, it's generally about clubs pulling the ladder up behind them - FFP at the top level is because the big clubs don't want another Abramovich, or latterly Sheikh, because they drive the wages up for everyone.

Man U and Bayern Munich and the rest don't want to have to pay silly money to players because a new money club can do, they want to depress wages.

If owners are willing to pump money into the club, not as a loan but as investment they should be allowed to do so - just need to make necessary precautions for if they are to stop, not sure how that works best though.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 14:01 - Sep 6 with 2524 viewsGrandadDel

Balls.Derby have a great owner willing to open his wallet

End of.
Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 14:03 - Sep 6 with 2518 viewswkj

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 14:01 - Sep 6 by GrandadDel

Balls.Derby have a great owner willing to open his wallet

End of.

Here he is!

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 14:06 - Sep 6 with 2504 viewsGrandadDel

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 14:03 - Sep 6 by wkj

Here he is!

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 14:11 - Sep 6 with 2487 viewswkj

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 14:06 - Sep 6 by GrandadDel

Tired out from last night's Disco at Sam Pam's place?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 16:15 - Sep 6 with 2417 viewsglasso

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 17:45 - Sep 5 by ActionMan

I agree with this to a point, but surely we need to stop football just being a plaything for a handful of rich people?

If, say, the top ten clubs get billionaire owners (to be fair, they probably already have them!), and can spend whatever they want, then wages go up, player prices go up and everybody with 'just' millionaire owners will never, ever win the league or challenge for any kind of silverware.

It's getting that way already, but if Man City had complete and unchecked spending power, what would be the point in football? They'd buy up everybody with a sniff of talent, the rest of the league would end up hoovering up journeymen footballers or just loaning City's players until they're ready for the first team and everybody would go unto the season knowing City will win everything again.

Interest in the sport would drop off a cliff if that happened
Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 14:56 - Sep 7 with 2223 viewsLeaky

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 16:15 - Sep 6 by glasso

I agree with this to a point, but surely we need to stop football just being a plaything for a handful of rich people?

If, say, the top ten clubs get billionaire owners (to be fair, they probably already have them!), and can spend whatever they want, then wages go up, player prices go up and everybody with 'just' millionaire owners will never, ever win the league or challenge for any kind of silverware.

It's getting that way already, but if Man City had complete and unchecked spending power, what would be the point in football? They'd buy up everybody with a sniff of talent, the rest of the league would end up hoovering up journeymen footballers or just loaning City's players until they're ready for the first team and everybody would go unto the season knowing City will win everything again.

Interest in the sport would drop off a cliff if that happened

I agree, but its already happening. Chelsea have about 40 players out on loan. Limit the number of players a team can loan out , & put a ban on teams loaning players on to teams in the same league they play in. Will probably mean they loan out players to foreign teams.
Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 16:05 - Sep 7 with 2173 viewsjaykay

Derby ground sale being investigated by EFL on 11:59 - Sep 5 by Kieran_Knows

no doubt the east anglian derby supporters branch will run some discos to help with any fine.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 16:13]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024