Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned 11:42 - Sep 5 with 1478 viewsconnorscontract

The Continuity IRA have stated that they are actively attempting to kill Police Service of Northern Ireland officers.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/continuity-ira-man-admi

For those who may not read my long explanation in the "Alistair Burt" thread.

This is deadly serious. Whilst the sending of symbolic "viable devices" posted at the time of May's Deal being voted on was clearly a warning, things have now stepped up a level.

This is partly a response to Brexit, and the dismissive way that Johnson and Rees-Mogg have spoken of the Border issue in the past, it is also about the collapse of the Stormont Assembly and Power-Sharing Executive, which sees the Police Service of Northern Ireland now under the direct control of the British Government, primarily in the persons of the Home Secretary and Northern Ireland Secretary who have direct Ministerial powers. The British Government is of course propped up by the Loyalist community's DUP MPs, led by Arlene Foster, who was the minister responsible for the renewables scandal which caused the collapse of the Power-Sharing Executive and Stormont Assembly.

The Continuity IRA therefore considers that the neutrality of the PSNI, as guaranteed by the Good Friday Agreement, is compromised and has resumed hostilities against it.

The UK Government should have spent the past three years sorting out the collapse of Power-Sharing Executive and Stormont Assembly, instead, thanks to Cameron, we have had the Brexit omnishambles.

The basic requirement of a Government is to ensure the security of its people. Civil War has now been declared, albeit by a small Republican splinter group. But things have a habit of escalating once people start dying in Northern Ireland.

Deeply worrying times.
Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 11:50 - Sep 5 with 1431 viewsm14_blue

It's incredible that this situation has been allowed to develop.

Even now, the vast majority at Westminster, certainly in government, view NI as part of the game of power and a fairly insignificant part at that.

It's disgusting.

Our politicians will shortly have blood on their hands.
Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 11:51 - Sep 5 with 1409 viewsBackToRussia

God. Cameron will go down in history as an utter fool, not that that's any consolation.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 12:07 - Sep 5 with 1361 viewsconnorscontract

Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 11:51 - Sep 5 by BackToRussia

God. Cameron will go down in history as an utter fool, not that that's any consolation.

And that story is 2 days old and I'd heard nothing of it on mainland British media. I only found it as I Googled Continuity IRA for my latest "Good Friday Agreement explained" post.

Why is this not news that the BBC would give prominence to? Nothing since a short report on the initial attack on 22nd August and report on a PSNI raid searching for weapons in West Belfast on 30th August. The Guardian has nothing since the report of the bomb on 19th August and this piece 5 days ago (before the statement on Swedish TV).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/30/no-deal-brexit-could-motivate-di
PROJECT FEAR on 12:15 - Sep 5 with 1326 viewsDyland

Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 12:07 - Sep 5 by connorscontract

And that story is 2 days old and I'd heard nothing of it on mainland British media. I only found it as I Googled Continuity IRA for my latest "Good Friday Agreement explained" post.

Why is this not news that the BBC would give prominence to? Nothing since a short report on the initial attack on 22nd August and report on a PSNI raid searching for weapons in West Belfast on 30th August. The Guardian has nothing since the report of the bomb on 19th August and this piece 5 days ago (before the statement on Swedish TV).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/30/no-deal-brexit-could-motivate-di

That's how some would respond.

Bottom feeding shameful disgrace from some of the media, many of our so called leaders*, as well the utter scum who dismiss these issues as "remoaning".

*they're as bad as Trump. Utterly contemptible and despicable specimens.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

F O O L on 12:16 - Sep 5 with 1319 viewsDyland

Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 11:51 - Sep 5 by BackToRussia

You spelled C U N T wrong.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 12:23 - Sep 5 with 1280 viewsIllinoisblue

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole last night re The Troubles. Fascinating and horrifying in equal measure.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

F O O L on 12:25 - Sep 5 with 1272 viewsBackToRussia

F O O L on 12:16 - Sep 5 by Dyland

You spelled C U N T wrong.

Yes I was being hugely generous to the ruddy p1g fvcker wasn't I.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 13:09 - Sep 5 with 1192 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 12:23 - Sep 5 by Illinoisblue

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole last night re The Troubles. Fascinating and horrifying in equal measure.

...and so unnecessary.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 13:33 - Sep 5 with 1142 viewsDarth_Koont

Northern Ireland terrorism has fully returned on 12:07 - Sep 5 by connorscontract

Because our media gives prominence to the playground of politics and not the real and complicated underlying issues.

It's a vacuum and a disconnect from reality that political shysters and liars can exploit at will.

I suspect that if the details of Brexit had been discussed even a quarter as much as the personalities of Brexit were paraded then we'd perhaps have been focusing on the Irish border question in the run up to the referendum. Which may in turn have indicated that there was no viable plan for actually leaving and a vote to Leave was a vote to head off down a rabbit hole with the whole country losing out at the end of it.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024