Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled 07:00 - Sep 6 with 2636 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/36705/model-of-beattie-statue-unveiled

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 07:26 - Sep 6 with 2581 viewsBentleyitfc

It's more magnum pi than kevin Beattie imo
The face just not right
Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 08:09 - Sep 6 with 2506 viewsBackToRussia

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 07:26 - Sep 6 by Bentleyitfc

The face just not right

Agreed, not a good likeness. Why do statue makers seem to struggle with actually making it look like the person? That's got to be in the top 3 criteria to hit really hasn't it.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 08:21 - Sep 6 with 2484 viewsitfcjoe

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 08:09 - Sep 6 by BackToRussia

Agreed, not a good likeness. Why do statue makers seem to struggle with actually making it look like the person? That's got to be in the top 3 criteria to hit really hasn't it.

If you read the piece he explains this - and I think the ones he has done of Sir Alf and Sir Bobby are superb, and trust him to get the Beat right when it is full size...

You have previously stated that the head is the least important aspect at this stage.

As you can imagine, the head of my maquette is smaller than a Brussels sprout and his eyes are the size of a grain of rice. Getting a spot on likeness is very difficult at that scale.

I always aim to get a good resemblance but a good likeness at this early stage is not a priority. What is much more important is getting the balance, weight, flow and look right.

Does the pose work from all angles and not just one? Is it a pleasing aesthetically for the observer? Does the pose work as a stand alone subject? These are the questions I ask at this stage.

I can also at the maquette stage make minor changes if it is required by third parties. ie move an arm easily, turn his head slightly etc.

A facial likeness is very much the most important aspect when the full scale statue is completed but at this stage not so.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 08:29 - Sep 6 with 2463 viewsportmanking

I have to say, looking at the second photo in particular, that the statue looks more like a homage to Alan Hunter than the Beat!!
Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 08:36 - Sep 6 with 2448 viewsPJH

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 08:21 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

If you read the piece he explains this - and I think the ones he has done of Sir Alf and Sir Bobby are superb, and trust him to get the Beat right when it is full size...

You have previously stated that the head is the least important aspect at this stage.

As you can imagine, the head of my maquette is smaller than a Brussels sprout and his eyes are the size of a grain of rice. Getting a spot on likeness is very difficult at that scale.

I always aim to get a good resemblance but a good likeness at this early stage is not a priority. What is much more important is getting the balance, weight, flow and look right.

Does the pose work from all angles and not just one? Is it a pleasing aesthetically for the observer? Does the pose work as a stand alone subject? These are the questions I ask at this stage.

I can also at the maquette stage make minor changes if it is required by third parties. ie move an arm easily, turn his head slightly etc.

A facial likeness is very much the most important aspect when the full scale statue is completed but at this stage not so.

Thanks for posting this because I had not read the piece on the home page and my first thought was that it does not look like Kevin Beattie.

The Sir Alf and Sir Bobby statues are next to perfect so the end product of this one should be just as good.
Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 08:44 - Sep 6 with 2427 viewstiptreeblue

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 08:29 - Sep 6 by portmanking

I have to say, looking at the second photo in particular, that the statue looks more like a homage to Alan Hunter than the Beat!!

I had noted that on the feed to the OP
Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 09:30 - Sep 6 with 2360 viewsfactual_blue

Why is Gordon Ramsey looking at this model?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 09:41 - Sep 6 with 2336 viewsSwansea_Blue

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 09:30 - Sep 6 by factual_blue

Why is Gordon Ramsey looking at this model?

His head is a Brussel sprout and his eyes are covered in sand, or something. I read about it on here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 09:42 - Sep 6 with 2325 viewssolemio

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 07:26 - Sep 6 by Bentleyitfc

The face just not right

READ THE ARTICLE
Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 09:43 - Sep 6 with 2320 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting.

Although form this angle, he's done a cracking job

Especially when you consider some of the competition, like this Leo Sayer one.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 9:44]

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 09:43 - Sep 6 with 2317 viewssolemio

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 08:09 - Sep 6 by BackToRussia

Read the words of the article.
Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 10:00 - Sep 6 with 2287 viewsDarth_Koont

Interesting. I love these insights into how an expert's process works, and those little counter-intuitive nuggets that you just can't understand from the outside.

My favourite one from when I worked in sales for a few years was being given the insight that you should welcome the customer saying no. Because a "No" either indicates you're wasting your and their time when they're really not interested or it's them being interested and starting to negotiate.
Customers that say yes to everything rarely buy in the end (or aren't the decision-maker in the first place) without that shift to negotiation. Clearly not a hard and fast rule but amazing how often that played out once you were looking for it.

And just to be sure, this doesn't apply to sex. For starters, yes means yes.

Pronouns: He/Him

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 10:12 - Sep 6 with 2249 viewsSwansea_Blue

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 10:00 - Sep 6 by Darth_Koont

Interesting. I love these insights into how an expert's process works, and those little counter-intuitive nuggets that you just can't understand from the outside.

My favourite one from when I worked in sales for a few years was being given the insight that you should welcome the customer saying no. Because a "No" either indicates you're wasting your and their time when they're really not interested or it's them being interested and starting to negotiate.
Customers that say yes to everything rarely buy in the end (or aren't the decision-maker in the first place) without that shift to negotiation. Clearly not a hard and fast rule but amazing how often that played out once you were looking for it.

Uppy for the first para. I've no idea what you're blathering on about for the rest of that post though

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 10:13 - Sep 6 with 2247 viewsfactual_blue

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 10:00 - Sep 6 by Darth_Koont

We're done with experts though.

Never forget that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 10:38 - Sep 6 with 2201 viewsDarth_Koont

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 10:13 - Sep 6 by factual_blue

We're done with experts though.

Never forget that.

Exactly. What do experts know anyway? Their deep understanding of stuff clearly blinds them to the truth.

Pronouns: He/Him

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 12:44 - Sep 6 with 2108 viewsvanmunt

Hope the finished one is bigger than this...
Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 12:47 - Sep 6 with 2102 viewsBackToRussia

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 09:43 - Sep 6 by solemio

Read the words of the article.

No.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 13:35 - Sep 6 with 2045 viewsSuperfrans

Really fascinating piece. I share the general view on the facial likeness, but as the sculptor says, this isn't a priority at this stage.

That being the case, it looks fantastic. Really captures the power and movement of a superb player, in mid-air, which must be very difficult to capture. We're very lucky in having two excellent statues of Sir Alf and Sir Bobby. And this will be a fantastic addition.

One thing that I wish they would do is create mini versions which can be collected by fans. I would love to have Beat, Sir Alf and Sir Bobby on my mantlepiece. They'd look superb...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 13:43 - Sep 6 with 2036 viewsitfcjoe

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 13:35 - Sep 6 by Superfrans

Really fascinating piece. I share the general view on the facial likeness, but as the sculptor says, this isn't a priority at this stage.

That being the case, it looks fantastic. Really captures the power and movement of a superb player, in mid-air, which must be very difficult to capture. We're very lucky in having two excellent statues of Sir Alf and Sir Bobby. And this will be a fantastic addition.

One thing that I wish they would do is create mini versions which can be collected by fans. I would love to have Beat, Sir Alf and Sir Bobby on my mantlepiece. They'd look superb...

There are some of them, our tiler at work is SHQ's brother in law and has them - although the one in boardroom was damaged and his was swapped for that one!

Think they are making The Beat available but heard it will be a lot of money - Phil may know more

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 13:59 - Sep 6 with 2015 viewsSuperfrans

Model of Beattie Statue Unveiled on 13:43 - Sep 6 by itfcjoe

There are some of them, our tiler at work is SHQ's brother in law and has them - although the one in boardroom was damaged and his was swapped for that one!

Think they are making The Beat available but heard it will be a lot of money - Phil may know more

There must be a way of selling them for a price which works for a wider range of customer. A couple of years ago, the season ticket featured a really fabulous statue/model of our Suffolk Punch in silver/pewter (or something) which I also thought they could do more with.

Maybe, if models of the statues don't work, they could do more with images of these statues. We're very lucky to have them and they feel under-utilised as a possible revenue opportunity, to me.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024