Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, that's the 16:05 - Sep 6 with 3356 viewsGuthrum

anti-No Deal bill through the Lords unamended, which means it can go off for Royal Assent on Monday.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well, that's the on 16:06 - Sep 6 with 2720 viewsBigManBlue

How does Boris try to wriggle out of this? Doesn't do Brexit, doesn't get an election before October 31st so presumably the BP are going to come for him when they do...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Well, that's the on 16:06 - Sep 6 with 2716 viewsSpruceMoose

I hope this doesn't mean my invite from The Last Baron to his No Deal Brexit Leaving Day party on November 1st isn't under threat?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well, that's the on 16:07 - Sep 6 with 2708 viewsBigManBlue

Well, that's the on 16:06 - Sep 6 by SpruceMoose

I hope this doesn't mean my invite from The Last Baron to his No Deal Brexit Leaving Day party on November 1st isn't under threat?

I'm sure there will still be burning effigies of Corbyn and British marshmallows for all.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Well, that's the on 16:09 - Sep 6 with 2695 viewschicoazul

It's so weird. It's almost as if...

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well, that's the on 16:10 - Sep 6 with 2681 viewswkj

They bloody well got that done fast

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Well, that's the on 16:11 - Sep 6 with 2669 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, that's the on 16:07 - Sep 6 by BigManBlue

I'm sure there will still be burning effigies of Corbyn and British marshmallows for all.

I'll bring him a blue felt tip so he can colour his passport.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Well, that's the on 16:14 - Sep 6 with 2644 viewsGuthrum

Well, that's the on 16:10 - Sep 6 by wkj

They spent a day beforehand (right up to nearly 1.30am) making sure it could go through rapidly.

Well, that's the on 16:19 - Sep 6 with 2615 viewsBlueBadger

Well, that's the on 16:11 - Sep 6 by SpruceMoose

And I'll bring lots of videos of telly from the 50's so there's no foreigners on the telly.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Well, that's the on 16:20 - Sep 6 with 2611 viewsDarth_Koont

Great news for the UK.

Now we can sit back and enjoy BJ and the rest of the chancers trying to come up with a deal in time. As they whine that it's everyone else's fault they can't do their job or anything else that they've promised.

This is starting to feel like political reform through utter incompetence.

Pronouns: He/Him

Well, that's the on 16:22 - Sep 6 with 2603 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, that's the on 16:20 - Sep 6 by Darth_Koont

Great news for the UK.

Now we can sit back and enjoy BJ and the rest of the chancers trying to come up with a deal in time. As they whine that it's everyone else's fault they can't do their job or anything else that they've promised.

This is starting to feel like political reform through utter incompetence.

He assured us today he would get that deal through 'the powers of his persuasion'.

I think the rich boy is about to discover that in the real world merely wanting something does not obtain it.

Don't you just love it when reality comes and punches the delusional in the face?

Well, that's the on 16:36 - Sep 6 with 2556 viewsjeera

Well, that's the on 16:11 - Sep 6 by SpruceMoose

Won't it clash with the green?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Well, that's the on 17:11 - Sep 6 with 2516 viewsSwansea_Blue

The way the Lords has behaved compared to the Commons, I’m starting to wonder whether this ‘democratically elected’ bit is all it’s cracked up to be.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well, that's the on 17:37 - Sep 6 with 2438 viewsBloomBlue

Well, that's the on 16:10 - Sep 6 by wkj

The Gov and Labour agreed on Wednesday night to let it pass in the Lords today.
Well, that's the on 17:47 - Sep 6 with 2429 viewsRyorry

Well, that's the on 17:11 - Sep 6 by Swansea_Blue

The way the Lords has behaved compared to the Commons, I’m starting to wonder whether this ‘democratically elected’ bit is all it’s cracked up to be.

A bit like some threads on TWTD forum, occasionally things in the Hallowed Halls of green & red leather turn out remarkably contrary to expectations!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well, that's the on 17:58 - Sep 6 with 2397 viewsBlueNomad

Well, that's the on 16:06 - Sep 6 by BigManBlue

How does Boris try to wriggle out of this? Doesn't do Brexit, doesn't get an election before October 31st so presumably the BP are going to come for him when they do...

Checkmate!! 😀😀😀😀😀
Well, that's the on 18:00 - Sep 6 with 2393 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well, that's the on 17:47 - Sep 6 by Ryorry

A bit like some threads on TWTD forum, occasionally things in the Hallowed Halls of green & red leather turn out remarkably contrary to expectations!

Presumably we’re the Lords & Ladies and the news commenters are the riff raff in the Commons?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Well, that's the on 18:11 - Sep 6 with 2347 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So is that dodgy amendment still in and does it offer some sort of wiggle room? If so how...I have been busy so would appreciate it if someone can sum it up.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Well, that's the on 18:23 - Sep 6 with 2313 viewswkj

Well, that's the on 17:37 - Sep 6 by BloomBlue

The Gov and Labour agreed on Wednesday night to let it pass in the Lords today.

I realise that. But peers had tabled over 100 amendments in a sort of philibuster, that we impressive turn around in light of that

Crybaby

Well, that's the on 18:24 - Sep 6 with 2306 viewsjaykay

Well, that's the on 16:19 - Sep 6 by BlueBadger

And I'll bring lots of videos of telly from the 50's so there's no foreigners on the telly.

what you mean the black and white minstrels were not foreign ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Well, that's the on 18:26 - Sep 6 with 2301 viewsEireannach_gorm

Well, that's the on 16:36 - Sep 6 by jeera

Won't it clash with the green?

I have one of the green ones.

Well, that's the on 18:26 - Sep 6 with 2300 viewswkj

Well, that's the on 18:24 - Sep 6 by jaykay

what you mean the black and white minstrels were not foreign ?

I wish the coffee ones we... Nvm, i was thinking of revels

Crybaby

Well, that's the on 18:29 - Sep 6 with 2297 viewsGuthrum

Well, that's the on 18:11 - Sep 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

So is that dodgy amendment still in and does it offer some sort of wiggle room? If so how...I have been busy so would appreciate it if someone can sum it up.

It is in. All it does is state the purpose of the A50 extension is to be for bringing forward a version of May's WA, amended by the cross-party discussions in the spring. It does not compel the government to actually do that, just gives it a specific reason.

No wriggle-room in terms of the current No Deal crisis.

Well, that's the on 18:31 - Sep 6 with 2291 viewsGuthrum

Well, that's the on 18:23 - Sep 6 by wkj

I realise that. But peers had tabled over 100 amendments in a sort of philibuster, that we impressive turn around in light of that

The 100 amendments were to Wednesday's Lords motion, the one intended to prevent the anti-No Deal bill being phillibustered.

Well, that's the on 18:32 - Sep 6 with 2286 viewsBloomBlue

Well, that's the on 18:23 - Sep 6 by wkj

No the Gov and Lab agreed on Wed the Lords wouldn't philbust it. They agreed the Lords would discuss it and if they had any major issues from a legal perspective it would come back to the HoC but they basically agreed the Lords would approve it today.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/politics/news/106309/lords-agree-pass-anti-

[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 18:40]
Well, that's the on 18:43 - Sep 6 with 2257 viewsGuthrum

Well, that's the on 18:32 - Sep 6 by BloomBlue

No the Gov and Lab agreed on Wed the Lords wouldn't philbust it. They agreed the Lords would discuss it and if they had any major issues from a legal perspective it would come back to the HoC but they basically agreed the Lords would approve it today.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/politics/news/106309/lords-agree-pass-anti-

[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 18:40]

There was quite a battle over the motion on Wednesday. 100 amendments. Some very long speeches. Went on until 1.20am, before the government caved in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024