Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amber Rudd has quit... 21:14 - Sep 7 with 17481 viewsEastTownBlue

...the cabinet and the Tory whip

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:47 - Sep 8 with 2925 viewsGuthrum

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:19 - Sep 8 by tabletopjoe

It’s that kind of arrogance that the Remainers will sadly live to regret.

It is true.

Those who want us to leave are no longer trying to persuade with cogent argument about the benefits of doing so, in order to get our help and support in reaching that goal. But instead all we hear is that we "have to do it" and that ill effects must be endured. This is the language of religious struggle, not of politics.

The people were promised that Brexit would bring a prosperity (which they apparently now cannot deliver). Music to the ears of folk who felt economically and socially neglected. Who now want to cling on to those visions now being doused by grey reality.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:54 - Sep 8 with 2912 viewswkj

Does that mean once the withdrawal happens people who voted to leave will be subject to a different set of rules and entitlements as those who voted to remain? I dare say if the remain voters end up regretting life after brexit, so to will the leave voters, one tribe won't reign supreme over the other.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 0:55]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Amber Rudd has quit... on 01:27 - Sep 8 with 2870 viewsBlueBadger

So, come November 1st, I can rely on you, as someone who's DONE with experts, not turning up to my A&E?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 01:34 - Sep 8 with 2870 viewsBlueBadger

Call me a wild eyed loner anarchist but how f*cking deranged is British politics right now that Amber F*CKING Rudd is seen as a voice of sanity?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 01:59 - Sep 8 with 2848 viewstabletopjoe

Amber Rudd has quit... on 00:47 - Sep 8 by Guthrum

It is true.

Those who want us to leave are no longer trying to persuade with cogent argument about the benefits of doing so, in order to get our help and support in reaching that goal. But instead all we hear is that we "have to do it" and that ill effects must be endured. This is the language of religious struggle, not of politics.

The people were promised that Brexit would bring a prosperity (which they apparently now cannot deliver). Music to the ears of folk who felt economically and socially neglected. Who now want to cling on to those visions now being doused by grey reality.

Who knows what prosperity Brexit will bring. We should certainly treat anyone with suspicion who claims to know when they are only guessing. All we do know is that the longer the majority are ignored, the more unpleasant the outcome will be.

'Let the ignorant argue with themselves' -- CL

Amber Rudd has quit... on 02:27 - Sep 8 with 2814 viewswkj

Amber Rudd has quit... on 01:59 - Sep 8 by tabletopjoe

Who knows what prosperity Brexit will bring. We should certainly treat anyone with suspicion who claims to know when they are only guessing. All we do know is that the longer the majority are ignored, the more unpleasant the outcome will be.

not really a lot to worry about, Boris still has his water cannons tucked away somewhere im sure.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Amber Rudd has quit... on 06:01 - Sep 8 with 2773 viewsTonytown

And for that you must blame the people who have been negotiating a deal that they know won’t get through Parliament and also Cameron for asking a binary question to a complex issue.

May should have involved all parties in the negotiations to ensure that any deal would have had cross party support.

How barmy is it to present a deal that the DUP can’t accept, when she needs their votes to win?

It has been clear for a while now that Johnson is not interested in getting a deal, just looking to run down the clock, crash out with no deal and then blame the EU and Corbyn for everything.

Of course now it’s the fault of speaker Bercow for allowing last weeks vote and Corbyn for not agreeing to a General Election.

Hopefully a few more sort of moderate Tories will jump ship soon, although I’m not sure that I had Amber Rudd down as a moderate before now.

Strange times indeed.
Amber Rudd has quit... on 06:56 - Sep 8 with 2748 viewscrunchie1978

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:41 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

No.

I reserve the right to ask questions.

Yeah spruce I was hit with a 90mph bouncer off Jofra archer in the nets......and before you call me Tory scum....that's jofra......not Jeffery!
Login to get fewer ads

Amber Rudd has quit... on 07:34 - Sep 8 with 2735 viewsDubtractor

Amber Rudd has quit... on 01:34 - Sep 8 by BlueBadger

Call me a wild eyed loner anarchist but how f*cking deranged is British politics right now that Amber F*CKING Rudd is seen as a voice of sanity?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Amber Rudd has quit... on 07:35 - Sep 8 with 2727 viewsBlueBoots

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:17 - Sep 7 by Melford

I've always wanted Armando Ianucci to come back and make some more The Thick Of It, but what's going on now is beyond parody. It's like how something so over the top and extreme like Chris Morris's Brass Eye 20 years later is how news is presented now. We are living in a post-satire world, Donald Trump and Boris Johnson are heads of state. We are living in times so ludicrous you couldn't make this sh*t up.

BJ's incompetence was all out there in the public domain - I console myself in the knowledge that the decision to make him prime minister was made by less than 100,000 people who think that going to the right school and speaking with the right accent qualifies you to do a job; the price they're paying for their incompetence is that the party they are members of is now falling apart...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 08:20 - Sep 8 with 2693 viewsGuthrum

A fairly slim majority voted in favour of leaving the EU under the (false) promise that it would be a quick and easy process, saving the country large amounts of money - not that it would remain a party political matter with no attempt at national consensus, that three years would be wasted on half-hearted negotiation and the government destroying their own Commons majority, that Brexit's noisiest advocates would also be the people most vocally rejecting and voting against the deal when it was presented, that we would be left, only half-prepared, with the worst and most damaging option on the table.

Yet you put the blame at the feet of those who warned it would not go smoothly from the start, those who were prepared to back a deal against their Remainer inclinations, those who are now working to prevent an outcome we were promised would not need to happen.

Amber Rudd has quit... on 08:33 - Sep 8 with 2678 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Amber Rudd has quit... on 22:52 - Sep 7 by tabletopjoe

What she was doing in the cabinet was a mystery, she’s never been interested in Brexit.

And yet she consistently voted for it, unlike some who really wanted brexit and voted against it.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 08:35 - Sep 8 with 2673 viewsDubtractor

Amber Rudd has quit... on 08:20 - Sep 8 by Guthrum

A fairly slim majority voted in favour of leaving the EU under the (false) promise that it would be a quick and easy process, saving the country large amounts of money - not that it would remain a party political matter with no attempt at national consensus, that three years would be wasted on half-hearted negotiation and the government destroying their own Commons majority, that Brexit's noisiest advocates would also be the people most vocally rejecting and voting against the deal when it was presented, that we would be left, only half-prepared, with the worst and most damaging option on the table.

Yet you put the blame at the feet of those who warned it would not go smoothly from the start, those who were prepared to back a deal against their Remainer inclinations, those who are now working to prevent an outcome we were promised would not need to happen.

This!

On the same note, I'm bemused by just how many brexiters on my social media feed are trying to blame Corbyn for the lack of brexit being delivered so far. Corbyn hasn't been great on brexit policy, but the reason that the tories haven't delivered brexit is 100% because of themselves.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Amber Rudd has quit... on 08:55 - Sep 8 with 2639 viewsGuthrum

Amber Rudd has quit... on 08:35 - Sep 8 by Dubtractor

This!

On the same note, I'm bemused by just how many brexiters on my social media feed are trying to blame Corbyn for the lack of brexit being delivered so far. Corbyn hasn't been great on brexit policy, but the reason that the tories haven't delivered brexit is 100% because of themselves.

They had a Parliamentary majority. They had a deal to leave the EU on 29th March 2019.

They threw both of those away.

Amber Rudd has quit... on 08:57 - Sep 8 with 2636 viewsTonytown

This!

Exactly, if the ERG had voted for Mays deal we would have left by now.

But of course it is the fault of that leftie Marxist Corbyn.

And of course the nasty EU...
Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:17 - Sep 8 with 2604 viewsfooters

At this rate we'll all have done a stint in the cabinet by Christmas.

Bagsy defence sec.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:17 - Sep 8 with 2605 viewsartsbossbeard

This!

This is one from my Facebook feed last night:

A bunch of Labour mealy mouthed so called public servants just told 17.4 million of you to Pi$$ Off.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:20 - Sep 8 with 2593 viewsfooters

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:17 - Sep 8 by artsbossbeard

This is one from my Facebook feed last night:

A bunch of Labour mealy mouthed so called public servants just told 17.4 million of you to Pi$$ Off.

"So-called" is to political discourse what "are once proud club" is to football.

Evens out.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:29 - Sep 8 with 2564 viewsblueislander

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:20 - Sep 8 by footers

"So-called" is to political discourse what "are once proud club" is to football.

Evens out.

It seems now that those who voted to leave the EU were quite prepared to do so without an agreement, despite the fact that this possibility was never mentioned during the referendum campaign.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 9:31]
Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:31 - Sep 8 with 2560 viewsartsbossbeard

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:29 - Sep 8 by blueislander

It seems now that those who voted to leave the EU were quite prepared to do so without an agreement, despite the fact that this possibility was never mentioned during the referendum campaign.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 9:31]

Boris himself told us not to worry about a No Deal (Clean Break) Brexit as we'd be walking away with a great deal.

Boris says a lot of things.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:42 - Sep 8 with 2534 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Tories are Rudd-erless.

I’ll get my coat.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:44 - Sep 8 with 2535 viewsBackToRussia

It won't bring any prosperity. Please find me a single economic analysis that predicts our economy will grow due to Brexit.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:50 - Sep 8 with 2506 viewsfactual_blue

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:17 - Sep 8 by footers

At this rate we'll all have done a stint in the cabinet by Christmas.

Bagsy defence sec.

I've done a stint. It's greatly over-rated.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:52 - Sep 8 with 2500 viewsPinewoodblue

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:44 - Sep 8 by BackToRussia

It won't bring any prosperity. Please find me a single economic analysis that predicts our economy will grow due to Brexit.

Daily Mail will sell more newspapers which represents economic growth

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Amber Rudd has quit... on 09:55 - Sep 8 with 2499 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Amber Rudd has quit... on 21:46 - Sep 7 by crunchie1978

Good.
All the traitors starting to jump ship!

Crunchie lad I voted the same way as you at the referendum because given the choice and based on many of their actions I could not bring myself to consent to membership. However you need to know that you are being played by a subset of Tories who give not a stuff about you or people like you.
I also get that having Remain hoards telling you for 3 years that you(like me) are a bit thick can encourage you to double down on your position regardless of who is claiming to represent it....it's just human psychology innit. So a lesson to remainers too.
Anyway maybe we all need to take a step back and try to be honest about how we got to where we are.....but being played by politicians is never a good look.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 10:01]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024