Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) 12:42 - Sep 8 with 1148 viewsgainsboroughblue

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 13:21 - Sep 8 with 1126 viewsSteve_M

We lost this Test in the field on Day 1. Can't consistently rely on excellent performances to bail us out.

I do wonder how much Anderson might have made a difference this series, certainly there would have been more control rather than getting hammered at four an over.

Smith though is why Australia will win The Ashes, and deservedly so.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 13:35]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 13:26 - Sep 8 with 1111 viewsFtnfwest

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 13:21 - Sep 8 by Steve_M

We lost this Test in the field on Day 1. Can't consistently rely on excellent performances to bail us out.

I do wonder how much Anderson might have made a difference this series, certainly there would have been more control rather than getting hammered at four an over.

Smith though is why Australia will win The Ashes, and deservedly so.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 13:35]

I think he would have evened it up on the bowling side and left the difference essentially just Steve Smith. Bit unlucky with the tosses so far but beyond that I think Root has been exposed a bit as making some pretty uninspired decisions at times.
Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 13:32 - Sep 8 with 1104 viewsbournemouthblue

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 13:26 - Sep 8 by Ftnfwest

I think he would have evened it up on the bowling side and left the difference essentially just Steve Smith. Bit unlucky with the tosses so far but beyond that I think Root has been exposed a bit as making some pretty uninspired decisions at times.

Smith is the obvious difference but Cummins too has been a step up on our bowlers really

Hazelwood has had spells of being very good also

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 13:38 - Sep 8 with 1090 viewsFtnfwest

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 13:32 - Sep 8 by bournemouthblue

Smith is the obvious difference but Cummins too has been a step up on our bowlers really

Hazelwood has had spells of being very good also

They are a better bowling unit no question and at one time or another at least one of them steps up, in this series usually Cummins. Lyon may be off the boil at the moment but he’s good enough most of the time to hold one end up and leave Paine with fairly easy choices as to when to unleash one or other of his quicks at the other end. Leach is worth persevering with but a long way off Lyons class at this point
Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 14:17 - Sep 8 with 1064 viewsbournemouthblue

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 13:38 - Sep 8 by Ftnfwest

They are a better bowling unit no question and at one time or another at least one of them steps up, in this series usually Cummins. Lyon may be off the boil at the moment but he’s good enough most of the time to hold one end up and leave Paine with fairly easy choices as to when to unleash one or other of his quicks at the other end. Leach is worth persevering with but a long way off Lyons class at this point

Agreed on that, ultimately the Aussies have been the better team throughout the series

That is always disappointing, given our record in Australia it could be a while before we get the Ashes back

I wonder how many more series Anderson and Broad have left?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 14:37 - Sep 8 with 1042 viewsGirthyguy

We will get a draw it's in the bag stop panicking.
Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 14:50 - Sep 8 with 1030 viewsgiant_stow

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 14:37 - Sep 8 by Girthyguy

We will get a draw it's in the bag stop panicking.

I'm not turning the radio on to listen, as every time I do, we lose a couple of wickets. Thank me later.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 14:59 - Sep 8 with 1016 viewsAce_High1

What is really a shame is our team performance (and lack of energy and intensity) on Day 1.

After Headingley we should have been up for it, all firing but we looked lacklustre throughout Day 1 and into Day 2.

The annoying thing is it feels like Australia have been on top all series, most games we have been behind. However when you look at it we won at Headingley and with another hour would have won at Lords.

Although I love test cricket, there is nothing more frustrating than when your team is so far behind the game. Once Aus and Smith got that score in the 1st innings the game was over.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 15:01 - Sep 8 with 1008 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 14:59 - Sep 8 by Ace_High1

What is really a shame is our team performance (and lack of energy and intensity) on Day 1.

After Headingley we should have been up for it, all firing but we looked lacklustre throughout Day 1 and into Day 2.

The annoying thing is it feels like Australia have been on top all series, most games we have been behind. However when you look at it we won at Headingley and with another hour would have won at Lords.

Although I love test cricket, there is nothing more frustrating than when your team is so far behind the game. Once Aus and Smith got that score in the 1st innings the game was over.

The sheer scarcity of solid foundations at the top of our innings is completely knackering us.

And with immaculate timing, Bairstow is lbw.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 15:02]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 15:05 - Sep 8 with 991 viewsFtnfwest

Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 14:17 - Sep 8 by bournemouthblue

Agreed on that, ultimately the Aussies have been the better team throughout the series

That is always disappointing, given our record in Australia it could be a while before we get the Ashes back

I wonder how many more series Anderson and Broad have left?

Anderson may go to Australia in 18 months but you’ve got to think that would be about it. Broad maybe could do another home series against them but again can’t imagine any more than that, and that depends on fitness.
Ashes slowly slipping away (n/t) on 15:24 - Sep 8 with 964 viewsStokieBlue

Here we go, nice shiny new old ball and possibly a repeat of the other test when they changed?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024