Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our politics is broken part 27898767 08:20 - Sep 9 with 10983 viewsGlasgowBlue

Over the weekend we’ve had Amber Rudd quit the Conservatives because it is morphing into the Brexit party. If the Tory party doesn’t have a home for Ken Clarke, Rory Stewart, Nicholas Soames or Amber Rudd but is in the thrall of the ERG then they may as well give the keys to Nigel Farage and be done with it.

Slipping slightly under the radar this weekend we also saw veteran Labour MP John Mann quit the Labour Party because of antisemitism, accusing Corbyn of not only being “an” enabler of antisemitism in the country but “the enabler.

And momentum have deselected backbencher of the year, Diana Johnson, and believe it or not have started proceedings to deselect Kier Starmer of all people.

And then we have both Jo Swinson and Layla Moran from the Lib Dem’s saying that they want a second referendum but if leave win agains they will ignore the result.

Who the hell is a centrist voter who respects democracy expected to vote for?

[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 8:30]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Our politics is broken part 27898767 on 01:06 - Sep 10 with 486 viewsActionMan

Our politics is broken part 27898767 on 16:36 - Sep 9 by itfcjoe

I think most on this board are fairly open - there are a few in each corner but the majority seem to be floatingvoters. I reckon most people on here who talk politics have not voted the same way across the last few elections - I've voted for everyone this decade alone (Tory, Labour, LD and Greens)

....and look what voting for those parties has achieved is my point, they are spoiled children, people not smart enough to work in other fields conning a living out of the gullible just look at Corbyn, while I agree he's been unfairly maligned and isn't anti-semitic, he has no backbone, he's changed his stance on the EU depending on what suits him at the time, thats not a principled man, thats a conman, just like when he told the students he'd give them free education and then immediately after said it was only an aspiration. Conman. It's about getting votes and achieving feck all and ones thing is for sure you will gain nothing by suffering with it on the internet.

Our mainstream political arguments have degenerated to one lot calling the other lot anti-semites and the others calling the others islamaphobic. It's laughable. Is this really where we are at?

Woke politics vs racist idiots. It's a giant cult of idiocy.
Our politics is broken part 27898767 on 11:20 - Sep 10 with 401 viewsSwansea_Blue

Our politics is broken part 27898767 on 01:06 - Sep 10 by ActionMan

....and look what voting for those parties has achieved is my point, they are spoiled children, people not smart enough to work in other fields conning a living out of the gullible just look at Corbyn, while I agree he's been unfairly maligned and isn't anti-semitic, he has no backbone, he's changed his stance on the EU depending on what suits him at the time, thats not a principled man, thats a conman, just like when he told the students he'd give them free education and then immediately after said it was only an aspiration. Conman. It's about getting votes and achieving feck all and ones thing is for sure you will gain nothing by suffering with it on the internet.

Our mainstream political arguments have degenerated to one lot calling the other lot anti-semites and the others calling the others islamaphobic. It's laughable. Is this really where we are at?

Woke politics vs racist idiots. It's a giant cult of idiocy.

Hard to argue with that. It's all about results and vested interests. The current behaviour of the government is all about simultaneously neutering the Brexit Party and Labour. The cognitive dissonance needed to maintain that battle on two fronts is mindblowing, yet the press have people blowing smoke up their arrises. And it's certainly not unique to one party.

I'd recommend reading Isabel Hardman's 'Why We Get the Wrong Politicians' for anyone who wants to see just how broken the system is, from grass roots up.

Luckily there are people in the Commons who have principles and who haven't forgotten why they went into politics in the first place, but there aren't enough of them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024