Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield 10:37 - Sep 9 with 12253 viewsElderGrizzly

That will be a shock to the system for their fans in terms of style!
[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 10:39]
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:38 - Sep 9 with 7631 viewswkj

That seems like a really premature decision for them and all honesty.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:38 - Sep 9 with 7629 viewschicoazul

"Cowley" is one of the words I very much want a mute function for.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:39 - Sep 9 with 7620 viewschicoazul

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:38 - Sep 9 by wkj

Trebling their money and going up a league, what a stupid decision!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:40 - Sep 9 with 7604 viewsElderGrizzly

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:39 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

See Hurst and Jones for examples of it not being a great decision
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:40 - Sep 9 with 7589 viewsKieran_Knows

They have already rejected the Huddersfield job once though (literally last week).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:41 - Sep 9 with 7575 viewswkj

Ordinarily it would be that simple, but becomes a bit more surprising given that prospect has been offered to them a couple of times already to which they rejected citing a commitment to the infrastructure built at Lincoln.

Crybaby

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:42 - Sep 9 with 7574 viewsElderGrizzly

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:40 - Sep 9 by Kieran_Knows

They have already rejected the Huddersfield job once though (literally last week).

Journo now saying it is back on and Lincoln have accepted resignation
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:42 - Sep 9 with 7567 viewschicoazul

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:40 - Sep 9 by ElderGrizzly

See Hurst and Jones for examples of it not being a great decision

Hurst got a decent pay off - probably the biggest single payday of his career - and walked straight into another job, just like Jones definitely will too. Once you have 300 or so games and a bit of success under your belt as a football manager it's almost impossible to fail.

Login to get fewer ads

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:43 - Sep 9 with 7557 viewschicoazul

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:41 - Sep 9 by wkj

Ordinarily it would be that simple, but becomes a bit more surprising given that prospect has been offered to them a couple of times already to which they rejected citing a commitment to the infrastructure built at Lincoln.

In other words, "pay us more money".

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:43 - Sep 9 with 7552 viewscaught-in-limbo

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:38 - Sep 9 by wkj

Why do you say that?

Clearly no one will know until they make it or flunk it.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:45 - Sep 9 with 7526 viewswkj

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:43 - Sep 9 by caught-in-limbo

Why do you say that?

Clearly no one will know until they make it or flunk it.

Premature given they are riding the crest of the wave at Lincoln and are surpassing all expectations, yet again, in L1. I would have thought they would have been in for a shout at more lucrative opportunities than a Huddersfield (that seem like a sinking ship right now) if they saw the season out with Lincoln, particularly if they make the playoffs (or better)
[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 10:49]

Crybaby

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:46 - Sep 9 with 7522 viewsITFC_Forever

Good, weakens another team in our division.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:47 - Sep 9 with 7512 viewsKieran_Knows

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:43 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

In other words, "pay us more money".

Very respectfully, they were already going from £2.8k a week (between them) to £28k (between them), and I don't see them as the type to hold out for more money.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:48 - Sep 9 with 7503 viewschicoazul

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:47 - Sep 9 by Kieran_Knows

Very respectfully, they were already going from £2.8k a week (between them) to £28k (between them), and I don't see them as the type to hold out for more money.

Naive.

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:49 - Sep 9 with 7489 viewsNthQldITFC

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:38 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

That's feature is only available to the professionals amongst us.

Wah-Wah-Waaah.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:56 - Sep 9 with 7409 viewsPilgrimblue

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:42 - Sep 9 by ElderGrizzly

Journo now saying it is back on and Lincoln have accepted resignation

guess they're going in anticipation being relegated to L1. May not good for Lincoln either!
Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:56 - Sep 9 with 7407 viewscaught-in-limbo

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:45 - Sep 9 by wkj

Premature given they are riding the crest of the wave at Lincoln and are surpassing all expectations, yet again, in L1. I would have thought they would have been in for a shout at more lucrative opportunities than a Huddersfield (that seem like a sinking ship right now) if they saw the season out with Lincoln, particularly if they make the playoffs (or better)
[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 10:49]

Fair play. Perhaps they see Huddersfield only being 4 points from safety (and only 9 points off a play-off spot) in the Championship and feel that they have enough time to pull things round.

Will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I'd be delighted for them to leave Lincoln right now, that's for sure.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:57 - Sep 9 with 7404 viewsGuthrum

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:38 - Sep 9 by chicoazul

You might miss out on a very nice pub.

https://www.green-dragon-inn.co.uk/

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:59 - Sep 9 with 7388 viewsSuperfrans

Potentially good news for our promotion chase. Can't imagine Lincoln maintaining their challenge without the Cowleys.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:05 - Sep 9 with 7343 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:06 - Sep 9 with 7334 viewsMrTown

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 10:59 - Sep 9 by Superfrans

Potentially good news for our promotion chase. Can't imagine Lincoln maintaining their challenge without the Cowleys.

If I am being brutally honest, I can't see many of the early runners sustaining the full campiagn.

I think it will be between Town & P'boro.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:16 - Sep 9 with 7275 viewsSWGF

If ever there was a team/club that is (from the outside, looking in) reliant on their management than many others. Completely ingrained into the fabric. Intriguing to see how they do at another level with a completely different club/structure.

Wonder if they'll take the air-raid siren with them?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:17 - Sep 9 with 7260 viewswkj

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:16 - Sep 9 by SWGF

If ever there was a team/club that is (from the outside, looking in) reliant on their management than many others. Completely ingrained into the fabric. Intriguing to see how they do at another level with a completely different club/structure.

Wonder if they'll take the air-raid siren with them?

I do not doubt they have the ability if they are given time to build an infrastructure. Huddersfield is a bit of a ticking time bomb financially though, so I don;t expect time to build will be part of their remit

Crybaby

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:18 - Sep 9 with 7248 viewsDyland

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:06 - Sep 9 by MrTown

If I am being brutally honest, I can't see many of the early runners sustaining the full campiagn.

I think it will be between Town & P'boro.

Aren't Doncaster relatively strong? I'll be over the moon is we beat them on Saturday, and if we boss the game, especially with our woeful recent record after international breaks.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Cowley Brothers on their way to Huddersfield on 11:24 - Sep 9 with 7205 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024