Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The second election attempt just failed again 00:35 - Sep 10 with 4204 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

293 - Yes
46 - No

Labour didn’t vote again.

The whole thing is embarrassing frankly

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The second election attempt just failed again on 00:40 - Sep 10 with 3757 viewsGuthrum

Nobody trusts Johnson. That's the only reason they won't let him have his election until he's delayed Brexit (or, somehow, managed to pass a deal through Parliament).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The second election attempt just failed again on 08:05 - Sep 10 with 3532 viewsGlasgowBlue

The second election attempt just failed again on 00:40 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

Nobody trusts Johnson. That's the only reason they won't let him have his election until he's delayed Brexit (or, somehow, managed to pass a deal through Parliament).

Parliament could have written a line in the bill specifying th3 date of the ejection which could then not be changed.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The second election attempt just failed again on 08:25 - Sep 10 with 3495 viewsGuthrum

The second election attempt just failed again on 08:05 - Sep 10 by GlasgowBlue

Parliament could have written a line in the bill specifying th3 date of the ejection which could then not be changed.

Wouldn't work if Johnson then managed to somehow dodge asking for an extension.

Also, it would be very tight to hold an election, then (probably) negotiate a coalition/alliance in time to send the new PM with an agreed brief to attend the European Council meeting on 17th October.

Plus, tactically, the opposition parties would prefer a longer run-up/campaign. More time to get their messages across and for Johnson to make (even more of) a mess of things. Including his attempts to negotiate a deal at the Council and the probable humiliation of being forced to ask for an A50 extension.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The second election attempt just failed again on 08:49 - Sep 10 with 3454 viewsSwansea_Blue

A Freudian slip, but I can't wait for the date of his ejection.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The second election attempt just failed again on 10:31 - Sep 10 with 3407 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not all - the opposition are effectively already in power thanks to Tory extremist incompetence. I doubt they will get the majority they have now in a general election, nor be so united. IF Johnson does something completely barmy come mid october he can be unseated and replaced by a government of national unity - which represents 58% of the voters. It's called democracy

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The second election attempt just failed again on 11:20 - Sep 10 with 3351 viewsbluebudgie

The second election attempt just failed again on 10:31 - Sep 10 by ElephantintheRoom

Not all - the opposition are effectively already in power thanks to Tory extremist incompetence. I doubt they will get the majority they have now in a general election, nor be so united. IF Johnson does something completely barmy come mid october he can be unseated and replaced by a government of national unity - which represents 58% of the voters. It's called democracy

Yes just like 52% to 48% is called a democratic majority, not that remainers take much notice of that!
The second election attempt just failed again on 11:28 - Sep 10 with 3338 viewssotd78

The second election attempt just failed again on 11:20 - Sep 10 by bluebudgie

Yes just like 52% to 48% is called a democratic majority, not that remainers take much notice of that!

single issue polls are notioriously stupid things to do. Especially when they don't actually give a clear mandate.
When does anyone actually say: the poll advised our parliament to leave the EU. It did not say what sort of EU we wanted to then have dealings with - so the referendum was/is useless and now three years later is even out of date.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

The second election attempt just failed again on 13:48 - Sep 10 with 3271 viewsBigManBlue

The FTPA was always an awful idea. Though I like the irony that now it's essentially forcing a minority government to stay in power, when the purpose was rather the opposite...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Login to get fewer ads

The second election attempt just failed again on 15:30 - Sep 10 with 3231 viewsGeoffSentence

He'd look for a loophole, as he is with the no-deal extension thing.

He has a reputation for dishonesty. No-one should be surprised that it affects how people react to him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The second election attempt just failed again on 17:30 - Sep 10 with 3180 viewsPilgrimblue

The second election attempt just failed again on 10:31 - Sep 10 by ElephantintheRoom

What you mean is a coalition as I very much doubt any party will get enough votes to win.
Lib Dems are looking in best position to improve their vote, then there's the Brexit party etc so either Boris or JC will be looking to make a pact. Most likely is Lab/Lib to govern until they fall out!
The second election attempt just failed again on 21:07 - Sep 10 with 3124 viewsBlueForYou

The second election attempt just failed again on 00:40 - Sep 10 by Guthrum

Nobody trusts Corbyn either..!!
The second election attempt just failed again on 21:19 - Sep 10 with 3102 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The second election attempt just failed again on 17:30 - Sep 10 by Pilgrimblue

What you mean is a coalition as I very much doubt any party will get enough votes to win.
Lib Dems are looking in best position to improve their vote, then there's the Brexit party etc so either Boris or JC will be looking to make a pact. Most likely is Lab/Lib to govern until they fall out!

Except the LibDems won't form a coalition with Labour.

The best hope for the LibDems is they get virtually of all of the pro-EU vote and that the anti-EU vote has dropped below 50% (which it almost certainly has) and is split between Brexit and the Cons. Since much of anti-EU was from Labour voters (who would quite probably go Brexit) and many remain Conservatives would struggle vote blue, the result of any GE without Brexit already sorted will be very interesting indeed.

LibDem has moved from virtual obliteration after the ConDem nation government to serious contenders for power.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The second election attempt just failed again on 22:54 - Sep 10 with 3030 viewsClapham_Junction

The second election attempt just failed again on 21:19 - Sep 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Except the LibDems won't form a coalition with Labour.

The best hope for the LibDems is they get virtually of all of the pro-EU vote and that the anti-EU vote has dropped below 50% (which it almost certainly has) and is split between Brexit and the Cons. Since much of anti-EU was from Labour voters (who would quite probably go Brexit) and many remain Conservatives would struggle vote blue, the result of any GE without Brexit already sorted will be very interesting indeed.

LibDem has moved from virtual obliteration after the ConDem nation government to serious contenders for power.

"much of anti-EU was from Labour voters"

It wasn't. The proportion of Labour and Lib Dems voters voting leave was only 3% different.

[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 22:56]
The second election attempt just failed again on 23:00 - Sep 10 with 3007 viewsnoggin

The second election attempt just failed again on 21:07 - Sep 10 by BlueForYou

Nobody trusts Corbyn either..!!

I do.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The second election attempt just failed again on 23:03 - Sep 10 with 3001 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The second election attempt just failed again on 22:54 - Sep 10 by Clapham_Junction

It wasn't. The proportion of Labour and Lib Dems voters voting leave was only 3% different.

I would suggest a third of "their voters" us a significant proportion. I didn't comment on what proportion of LibDem voters had done (albeit I am a little surprised it was so high).

35% of "Labour voters" will be a significantly larger number of voters than 32% of "LibDem voters".

You also have to realise that as rigorous as these polls are, they are still a sample based on information given and not necessarily a full reflection. For example, how does YouGov determine what type of voter they are - last time they voted, their current intention or their own statement of general allegiance?

The second election attempt just failed again on 23:11 - Sep 10 with 2992 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The second election attempt just failed again on 23:00 - Sep 10 by noggin

I do.

Like what he stands for or despise it, he does tend to stick with what he stands for. That is what he gets criticised for. The idea he is untrustworthy is just odd.

The second election attempt just failed again on 23:18 - Sep 10 with 2975 viewsClapham_Junction

The second election attempt just failed again on 23:03 - Sep 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would suggest a third of "their voters" us a significant proportion. I didn't comment on what proportion of LibDem voters had done (albeit I am a little surprised it was so high).

35% of "Labour voters" will be a significantly larger number of voters than 32% of "LibDem voters".

You also have to realise that as rigorous as these polls are, they are still a sample based on information given and not necessarily a full reflection. For example, how does YouGov determine what type of voter they are - last time they voted, their current intention or their own statement of general allegiance?

"For example, how does YouGov determine what type of voter they are"

It's in the graphic - how people voted in 2015.
The second election attempt just failed again on 23:43 - Sep 10 with 2958 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The second election attempt just failed again on 23:18 - Sep 10 by Clapham_Junction

"For example, how does YouGov determine what type of voter they are"

It's in the graphic - how people voted in 2015.

OK, so it is (in the dull grey bit which I didn't fully take in), but it is also how a sample claim they voted.

My overall point is still valid even if that bit is there.

The second election attempt just failed again on 06:59 - Sep 11 with 2848 viewsDubtractor

The second election attempt just failed again on 22:54 - Sep 10 by Clapham_Junction

I think it's brilliant that 5% of UKIP voters voted remain.

Proof that a fair chunk of our population shouldn't have the vote.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 8:03]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The second election attempt just failed again on 07:11 - Sep 11 with 2837 viewsBlueBoots

My favourite stat on that poll is that 5% of UKIP supporters voted to remain...

Results of a study into how people voted in the referendum by area / constituency, cross-referenced by party makes interesting reading (although the author warns that these are estimated)

https://fullfact.org/online/referendum-results-by-constituency/
[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 7:20]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

The second election attempt just failed again on 07:46 - Sep 11 with 2785 viewsDurovigutum

The second election attempt just failed again on 11:28 - Sep 10 by sotd78

single issue polls are notioriously stupid things to do. Especially when they don't actually give a clear mandate.
When does anyone actually say: the poll advised our parliament to leave the EU. It did not say what sort of EU we wanted to then have dealings with - so the referendum was/is useless and now three years later is even out of date.

A Norway type deal is leave the EU, acceptable to me as a remainer and in line with the vote leave manifesto, but now I'm told in Brexit in name only. Funny how that "leave" deliverable has shifted....
The second election attempt just failed again on 08:10 - Sep 11 with 2741 viewsdickie

The second election attempt just failed again on 07:46 - Sep 11 by Durovigutum

A Norway type deal is leave the EU, acceptable to me as a remainer and in line with the vote leave manifesto, but now I'm told in Brexit in name only. Funny how that "leave" deliverable has shifted....

How does that affect the Irish border?
The second election attempt just failed again on 08:13 - Sep 11 with 2731 viewsdickie

The second election attempt just failed again on 08:10 - Sep 11 by dickie

How does that affect the Irish border?

Just read that Norway has free movement of people - not sure that would pacify the xenophobes
The second election attempt just failed again on 08:19 - Sep 11 with 2722 viewsDurovigutum

The second election attempt just failed again on 08:13 - Sep 11 by dickie

Just read that Norway has free movement of people - not sure that would pacify the xenophobes

Exactly my point, what “leave” are we voting for? Before it was overtaken by the fundamentalists it was to remove political control from Brussels, extract ourselves from CAP and fishing and from the liability of the Euro going pop.

Personally I think if we enact EU time limited visas like Germany have (no work in three months and you go home) the free movement problem goes away, this has been possible since 2003 but....

The Northern Ireland border is only solved with the customs border being in the Irish Sea. Only really the DUP who will get shirty about that.
The second election attempt just failed again on 09:02 - Sep 11 with 2680 viewsdickie

The second election attempt just failed again on 08:19 - Sep 11 by Durovigutum

Exactly my point, what “leave” are we voting for? Before it was overtaken by the fundamentalists it was to remove political control from Brussels, extract ourselves from CAP and fishing and from the liability of the Euro going pop.

Personally I think if we enact EU time limited visas like Germany have (no work in three months and you go home) the free movement problem goes away, this has been possible since 2003 but....

The Northern Ireland border is only solved with the customs border being in the Irish Sea. Only really the DUP who will get shirty about that.

Just reunite Ireland, they're better off without us I reckon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024