Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some serious anger management issues here 14:08 - Sep 10 with 4315 viewsStokieBlue

Especially since the cyclist was totally in the wrong:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/sep/10/police-hunt-cyclist-who-headbutt

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:11 - Sep 10 with 3245 viewswkj

The fella in the rickshaw? type thing is a hero amongst men. Have never seen such urgency since Douglas trying to beat his man.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:11 - Sep 10 with 3233 viewsfooters

Bad day at the office, Stokie?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:11 - Sep 10 with 3240 viewsitfcjoe

A lot of cyclists think they are above the law and the road must cede to their use - he should be put away for that assault.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:13 - Sep 10 with 3224 viewswkj

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:11 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

A lot of cyclists think they are above the law and the road must cede to their use - he should be put away for that assault.

Correction... some cyclists think they are above the law and the road must cede to their use

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:28 - Sep 10 with 3162 viewsGeoffSentence

He we go, I knew this would be an invitation for an attack on cyclists in general.

Congratulations on being Mr Predictable.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:33 - Sep 10 with 3145 viewsjeera

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:28 - Sep 10 by GeoffSentence

He we go, I knew this would be an invitation for an attack on cyclists in general.

Congratulations on being Mr Predictable.

To be fair to Joe, he said a lot, not all.

He's right. There are a lot.

Yes, the same as car drivers etc etc.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 14:33]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:36 - Sep 10 with 3114 viewsChiefXL

You're pedalling a tired old stereotype there fella.
Some serious anger management issues here on 14:37 - Sep 10 with 3107 viewsjeera

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:36 - Sep 10 by ChiefXL

You're a cyclist aren't you.

Login to get fewer ads

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:39 - Sep 10 with 3096 viewsChiefXL

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:37 - Sep 10 by jeera

A funny one too
Some serious anger management issues here on 14:41 - Sep 10 with 3083 viewsSpruceMoose

Honestly, people like this, I hope something happens to them that causes them to live out a long life filled with heartbreak and misery.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:43 - Sep 10 with 3068 viewsitfcjoe

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:36 - Sep 10 by ChiefXL

Just anecdotal experience, I'm not particularly anti-cyclist

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:43 - Sep 10 with 3062 viewsjeera

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:41 - Sep 10 by SpruceMoose

Honestly, people like this, I hope something happens to them that causes them to live out a long life filled with heartbreak and misery.

I hope he gets hit by a truck that's ran a red light.

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:44 - Sep 10 with 3054 viewsfooters

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:37 - Sep 10 by jeera

He's just grinding your gears, sure he'll tyre of it soon.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:44 - Sep 10 with 3052 viewsjeera

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:43 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

Now you're back-peddling.

Before anyone else says...

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:47 - Sep 10 with 3028 viewsSpruceMoose

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:43 - Sep 10 by jeera

I hope he gets hit by a truck that's ran a red light.

Yeah but I don't wan't him to die. If he could live out his days with his twig and berries looking like a beavers tail then that would be sufficient.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:50 - Sep 10 with 3007 viewsDanTheMan

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:43 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

When on a bicycle, my anecdotal experience is that most drivers are arseholes who think leaving 3cm of room is enough.

Bonus points for overtaking on blind corners to save a whopping 3 seconds.

Basically I think the common denominator whatever mode of transport is that people are idiots.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:50 - Sep 10 with 2998 viewsChiefXL

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:44 - Sep 10 by footers

He's just grinding your gears, sure he'll tyre of it soon.

Maybe I spoke too soon?
Some serious anger management issues here on 14:59 - Sep 10 with 2961 viewsdavblue

That’s right by my office. London is especially bad for cyclists going through red lights. I’m not sure why cyclists feel the need to go through red lights anyway.
Some serious anger management issues here on 15:01 - Sep 10 with 2945 viewsGeoffSentence

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:59 - Sep 10 by davblue

That’s right by my office. London is especially bad for cyclists going through red lights. I’m not sure why cyclists feel the need to go through red lights anyway.

Going through a pedstrian crossing while the lights are red and there are pedestrians actually crossing is doubly rude.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:05 - Sep 10 with 2936 viewsmonytowbray

I've seen equal stupidity on both sides. I think there needs to be more done to warn cyclists of the risks of not obeying the highway code though, for their own safety mostly. Some have a really bad habit of coasting in blind spots.

Also think cyclists need insurance, had some pr1ck smash into my car, take my wing mirror off and ride away after helping him up a few years back. If I had of known he'd do a runner I'd have chucked him in my boot and dragged him to a cash machine.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:12 - Sep 10 with 2897 viewsitfcjoe

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:05 - Sep 10 by monytowbray

I've seen equal stupidity on both sides. I think there needs to be more done to warn cyclists of the risks of not obeying the highway code though, for their own safety mostly. Some have a really bad habit of coasting in blind spots.

Also think cyclists need insurance, had some pr1ck smash into my car, take my wing mirror off and ride away after helping him up a few years back. If I had of known he'd do a runner I'd have chucked him in my boot and dragged him to a cash machine.

This issue for me is that cyclists are the 'weakest' road user, but yet often their aggression doesn't marry up with that fact.

I'm generally a very considerate driver, but especially so with cyclists because you can see their vulnerability, think more needs to be done on both sides - but ultimately if there is a collision you'd rather be in a car than on a bike

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:16 - Sep 10 with 2880 viewsmonytowbray

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:12 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

This issue for me is that cyclists are the 'weakest' road user, but yet often their aggression doesn't marry up with that fact.

I'm generally a very considerate driver, but especially so with cyclists because you can see their vulnerability, think more needs to be done on both sides - but ultimately if there is a collision you'd rather be in a car than on a bike

As someone super aware of motorbikes on the road due to doing a CBT when younger and understanding how vulnerable you are on two wheels it amazes me how reckless some cyclists are. I think all drivers should do a CBT as part of their test as it would solve a lot of the problem. If you've been on a bike you have a new appreciation of where to look and how to see them. Might have saved my Dad spending 3 years in a metal frame and a lot of hassle too.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:18 - Sep 10 with 2868 viewsStokieBlue

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:12 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

It’s not really about cyclists, pedestrians or drivers as there are idiots on all sides. Sometimes the same person can be perfectly fine in one mode of transport and an idiot on another.

Other times there are just accidents. I was hit by a woman pulling out from a parked position on my way home about 6 months ago. She was stupid and didn’t check her mirrors properly and pulled out across a painted cycle lane but I don’t believe she did it on purpose or with malice — it was just one of those things.

We need more people to cycle in our cities, it’s better for pollution levels and it’s better for people’s health. In order for that to happen we need to have a proper debate about how to accomplish this safely. The blueprints are there from cities on the continent, it will just take a lot of will to get drivers to accept fewer roads and routes as separated cycle paths become required. Along with that we need the vast majority of cyclists to understand that they need to obey the rules for the safety of everyone else, not just themselves.

It’ll take time but hopefully we will get there.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:22 - Sep 10 with 2840 viewsitfcjoe

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:18 - Sep 10 by StokieBlue

It’s not really about cyclists, pedestrians or drivers as there are idiots on all sides. Sometimes the same person can be perfectly fine in one mode of transport and an idiot on another.

Other times there are just accidents. I was hit by a woman pulling out from a parked position on my way home about 6 months ago. She was stupid and didn’t check her mirrors properly and pulled out across a painted cycle lane but I don’t believe she did it on purpose or with malice — it was just one of those things.

We need more people to cycle in our cities, it’s better for pollution levels and it’s better for people’s health. In order for that to happen we need to have a proper debate about how to accomplish this safely. The blueprints are there from cities on the continent, it will just take a lot of will to get drivers to accept fewer roads and routes as separated cycle paths become required. Along with that we need the vast majority of cyclists to understand that they need to obey the rules for the safety of everyone else, not just themselves.

It’ll take time but hopefully we will get there.

SB

I'm not against any of that, I know it won't be many years before my kids will want to be cycling places and I fear for that with how I see people drive around cyclists and how vulnerable they are.

Guess it will just get added to the list of things to think about when Brexit is done in 2033

Some serious anger management issues here on 15:25 - Sep 10 with 2826 viewsLeoMuff

Some serious anger management issues here on 14:50 - Sep 10 by DanTheMan

When on a bicycle, my anecdotal experience is that most drivers are arseholes who think leaving 3cm of room is enough.

Bonus points for overtaking on blind corners to save a whopping 3 seconds.

Basically I think the common denominator whatever mode of transport is that people are idiots.

Exactly, I drive and cycle in a rural/ small town environment I can count on one hand the stupid/law breaking cyclists I’ve seen, yet every ride there are multiple drivers probs 1-4 giving a couple of cams space and overtaking into oncoming traffic or overtaking on a single narrow country lane.
For every nob cyclist there are hundreds idiot drivers in my experience

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024