Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this 21:12 - Sep 10 with 9974 viewsDarth_Koont

It would be good to hear criticism from all those Israel-supporting groups like the Tory leadership, the CFI and LFI who say they are actually working for a two-state solution ... oh I forgot. That's just lip service as they again stand idly by and do nothing about the latest in the long line of annexations that is destroying the viability of any future Palestinian state.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49655226

Whether it's arming and training the Saudis to kill Yemenis, trying to manipulate factional power for commercial gain or providing a shelter for the religious and nationalist right in Israel to operate with impunity, the UK establishment is a shameful enemy of the people of the Middle East.

Do we really want our country to be seen like this?

Pronouns: He/Him

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 22:05 - Sep 10 with 3321 viewsSteve_M

It should be possible to criticise - rightly- one more dreadful action from Netanyahu without trying to score internet points.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 22:18 - Sep 10 with 3296 viewsDarth_Koont

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 22:05 - Sep 10 by Steve_M

It should be possible to criticise - rightly- one more dreadful action from Netanyahu without trying to score internet points.

Internet points? I'm actually referring to our politicians who have stated they are in favour of a two-state solution but who again will say or do nothing as the likelihood of that gets ever smaller. However, they will of course lead the fight against genuine critics of the Israeli government.

But I'm glad you've taken this personally and perhaps you will have a think about your own stance a little more.

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:19 - Sep 11 with 3076 viewsGlasgowBlue

Netanyahu is a fanatic. He has no intention of pursuing a peaceful two state solution. His proposition to annex the Jordan Valley if he is re elected is reason enough for all decent Israelis to reject him and his extremist policies at the ballot box next week. I also hope he goes to jail for corruption.

That was easy to do without calling other people out Darth.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:28 - Sep 11 with 3059 viewsDarth_Koont

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:19 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Netanyahu is a fanatic. He has no intention of pursuing a peaceful two state solution. His proposition to annex the Jordan Valley if he is re elected is reason enough for all decent Israelis to reject him and his extremist policies at the ballot box next week. I also hope he goes to jail for corruption.

That was easy to do without calling other people out Darth.

You've missed the point.

Where are our government and politicians saying that? The people who expressly say they want a two-state solution?

And why are those who are actively pro-Palestinian demonised for expressing that view, given the Palestinians have been bearing the brunt of these extremist policies for decades?

But you know why.

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:32 - Sep 11 with 3033 viewsgiant_stow

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 22:18 - Sep 10 by Darth_Koont

Internet points? I'm actually referring to our politicians who have stated they are in favour of a two-state solution but who again will say or do nothing as the likelihood of that gets ever smaller. However, they will of course lead the fight against genuine critics of the Israeli government.

But I'm glad you've taken this personally and perhaps you will have a think about your own stance a little more.

Darth come on, that last line is ridiculously and self-righteously patronising!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:37 - Sep 11 with 3005 viewsKropotkin123

For those that are interested

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:40 - Sep 11 with 2992 viewsDarth_Koont

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:32 - Sep 11 by giant_stow

Darth come on, that last line is ridiculously and self-righteously patronising!

The situation sits very badly with me. Delegitimising critical voices is certainly a part of that and enabled much of this passive acceptance.

If Steve took it personally and saw it as an attack then he can explain why he took it personally and why it's unfair. Perhaps you can?

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:44 - Sep 11 with 2960 viewsBackToRussia

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 22:18 - Sep 10 by Darth_Koont

Quite. You were quite clear in who this post was aimed at, and I don't see Steve or GB's name anywhere.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:45 - Sep 11 with 2959 viewsSteve_M

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:40 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

The situation sits very badly with me. Delegitimising critical voices is certainly a part of that and enabled much of this passive acceptance.

If Steve took it personally and saw it as an attack then he can explain why he took it personally and why it's unfair. Perhaps you can?

Not personally but your mention of LFI is either careless or mendacious as it implicitly de-legitimises those cases of anti-Semitism they have highlighted. You are doign what you accuse others of.

Netanyahu is a dreadful racist doing everything he can to stay in power and avoid potential court cases for corruption. He has been enabled by Trump and it is clear that he, and many on the Israeli right don't care what happens to the Palestinians.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:50 - Sep 11 with 2940 viewsgiant_stow

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:40 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

Steve can reply for himself if he wants to to innit - I'm just commenting purely on your tone.

My opinion: I don't know why the Netanyahu would kid himself that this would ever make things better for any party in the long run. Seems like another step towards all out war to me, but then I'm a simpleton. Critical voices who stray into antisemitism let their own side down though and make that delegitimisation you mention possible

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:52 - Sep 11 with 2938 viewsbrazil1982

Perhaps if Hamas b*ggered off, the UK et al would have the time and patience to "do something"

So long as a terrorist organisation controls part of this region, and vows to destroy the state of Israel, we should be considered allies of Israel.
The Leader of Hamas resides in Qatar which must be very comfy for him.
When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:54 - Sep 11 with 2926 viewsDarth_Koont

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:45 - Sep 11 by Steve_M

Not personally but your mention of LFI is either careless or mendacious as it implicitly de-legitimises those cases of anti-Semitism they have highlighted. You are doign what you accuse others of.

Netanyahu is a dreadful racist doing everything he can to stay in power and avoid potential court cases for corruption. He has been enabled by Trump and it is clear that he, and many on the Israeli right don't care what happens to the Palestinians.

We agree completely on the last para.

Unfortunately we need to be clear about the UK's role in enabling this too. While not as overt and provocative as Trump, over a longer period we have been a buffer to Israel and the international criticism. At the heart of that are governments and lobbyists who say that they are committed to a two-state solution. That's just nonsense and giving them cover for this passive acceptance of what's going on.

The LFI with Joan Ryan at the centre completely made up a case of antisemitism and took an active role in pushing the Labour antisemitism smears. If you don't know this then you've ignored the filmed and documented evidence. If you do know this but won't admit it, then you're doing the same thing they are.

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:56 - Sep 11 with 2918 viewsgiant_stow

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:52 - Sep 11 by brazil1982

Perhaps if Hamas b*ggered off, the UK et al would have the time and patience to "do something"

So long as a terrorist organisation controls part of this region, and vows to destroy the state of Israel, we should be considered allies of Israel.

Funny you talk about vows to destroy Israel, when this plan in affect destroys any future Palestinian state.

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:59 - Sep 11 with 2899 viewsGlasgowBlue

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:54 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

We agree completely on the last para.

Unfortunately we need to be clear about the UK's role in enabling this too. While not as overt and provocative as Trump, over a longer period we have been a buffer to Israel and the international criticism. At the heart of that are governments and lobbyists who say that they are committed to a two-state solution. That's just nonsense and giving them cover for this passive acceptance of what's going on.

The LFI with Joan Ryan at the centre completely made up a case of antisemitism and took an active role in pushing the Labour antisemitism smears. If you don't know this then you've ignored the filmed and documented evidence. If you do know this but won't admit it, then you're doing the same thing they are.

Well that didn’t take long did it?

Iron Lion Zion

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:59 - Sep 11 with 2899 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:50 - Sep 11 by giant_stow

Steve can reply for himself if he wants to to innit - I'm just commenting purely on your tone.

My opinion: I don't know why the Netanyahu would kid himself that this would ever make things better for any party in the long run. Seems like another step towards all out war to me, but then I'm a simpleton. Critical voices who stray into antisemitism let their own side down though and make that delegitimisation you mention possible

....it's almost like the current incarnation of the Israeli state is a racist endeavour !
....oh now look what I've gone and become...

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:06 - Sep 11 with 2876 viewsDarth_Koont

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:52 - Sep 11 by brazil1982

It's like we've learnt nothing from our own experiences in Northern Ireland.

If we support one side, or at least turn a blind eye to their aggressive actions, then we worsen the situation and make peace less and less of a possibility and certainly pushing it further into the future. There's right and wrong on both sides and the Israeli and Palestinian citizens shouldn't be made to pay the price for the extreme positions this type of situation takes their political leaders.

When Israel went into Gaza, Cameron parroted the line that Israel had the right to defend itself (yes, of course but this was an incursion) while Miliband argued that he didn't think this would make the situation better (it certainly hasn't). However, Miliband's views were termed toxic by Israel and its supporters.

What hope do we have with this type of thinking especially if our governments and elected represenattives passively accept it? It's 2019 and we should be calling it out and condemning aggression on both sides.

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:07 - Sep 11 with 2862 viewslowhouseblue

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:59 - Sep 11 by GlasgowBlue

Well that didn’t take long did it?

he's a one trick pony i'm afraid. the thread is just him running through his standard routine about anti-semitism being invented to serve the purposes of israel etc. same old, same old.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:08 - Sep 11 with 2859 viewsGlasgowBlue

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:59 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

....it's almost like the current incarnation of the Israeli state is a racist endeavour !

You don’t understand what racist endeavour means do you?

Iron Lion Zion

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:10 - Sep 11 with 2850 viewsDarth_Koont

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:59 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Of course it is. And getting even worse too if this election plays out as it seems.

We've basically given free rein to extremist fundamentalists and screwed over many moderate and critical Israelis in the process. Not to mention the future of the Palestinian people in the region.

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:10 - Sep 11 with 2852 viewsGaryCooper

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:06 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

It's like we've learnt nothing from our own experiences in Northern Ireland.

If we support one side, or at least turn a blind eye to their aggressive actions, then we worsen the situation and make peace less and less of a possibility and certainly pushing it further into the future. There's right and wrong on both sides and the Israeli and Palestinian citizens shouldn't be made to pay the price for the extreme positions this type of situation takes their political leaders.

When Israel went into Gaza, Cameron parroted the line that Israel had the right to defend itself (yes, of course but this was an incursion) while Miliband argued that he didn't think this would make the situation better (it certainly hasn't). However, Miliband's views were termed toxic by Israel and its supporters.

What hope do we have with this type of thinking especially if our governments and elected represenattives passively accept it? It's 2019 and we should be calling it out and condemning aggression on both sides.

'If we support one side, or at least turn a blind eye to their aggressive actions, then we worsen the situation'

That's him, that's Jeremy C in NI summed up perfectly, open your other eye.
When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:16 - Sep 11 with 2820 viewsDarth_Koont

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:10 - Sep 11 by GaryCooper

'If we support one side, or at least turn a blind eye to their aggressive actions, then we worsen the situation'

That's him, that's Jeremy C in NI summed up perfectly, open your other eye.

Eh? Our own government and army was doing that.

We eventually de-escalated the situation by NOT taking sides and accepting that discussion and negotiation was needed.

Corbyn wanting to legitimise the Republican cause when it was being ignored is the same sort of thing. And decades later anyone sensible can surely realise that.

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:20 - Sep 11 with 2808 viewsDarth_Koont

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:07 - Sep 11 by lowhouseblue

he's a one trick pony i'm afraid. the thread is just him running through his standard routine about anti-semitism being invented to serve the purposes of israel etc. same old, same old.

Same old evasion and misrepresentation of what I'm actually saying.

Where do you disagree? At what point does your recognition of who Netanyahu is and what his government is doing transform itself into acceptance and attacking his critics instead?

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:26 - Sep 11 with 2784 viewsbrazil1982

How many Jews reside in "Palestine" ?
When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:29 - Sep 11 with 2774 viewsSwansea_Blue

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 08:37 - Sep 11 by Kropotkin123

For those that are interested

Useful to a Middle East ignoramus like me, thanks. Before I dig in though is this reliable (genuine question, I've no idea who Vox is)?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:50 - Sep 11 with 2730 viewsbrazil1982

When you delegitimise and marginalise critics then you're free to do this on 09:16 - Sep 11 by Darth_Koont

Eh? Our own government and army was doing that.

We eventually de-escalated the situation by NOT taking sides and accepting that discussion and negotiation was needed.

Corbyn wanting to legitimise the Republican cause when it was being ignored is the same sort of thing. And decades later anyone sensible can surely realise that.

JC had nothing to do with peace talks in NI. He achieved nothing. Only ever supported the Republican movement both politically and militarily.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024