Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... 15:11 - Sep 11 with 20199 viewsclive_baker

Anyone got any? I absolutely cannot stand eggs, but I rarely meet people that agree with me. The smell, the taste, absolutely hideous things.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 10:51 - Sep 12 with 711 viewsLesta_Tractor

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 21:52 - Sep 11 by jeera

Those monstrosities aren't kebabs though are they. Not real kebabs.

I'm always surprised at this tbh.

I mean, to me a kebab is lumps of juicy lamb, wrapped in chapati (or similar) with a decent drizzle of mint raita.

Those are kebabs.

Typically English approach to most "exotic" foods...

Make it cheaper, make it blander, make it bigger.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 10:57 - Sep 12 with 698 viewsRyorry

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 21:20 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Junior Slave did.....still hates them......nightshade innit!

But potatoes are nightshade plants too! (same famiy as toms).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 10:57 - Sep 12 with 698 viewsfooters

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 10:51 - Sep 12 by Lesta_Tractor

Typically English approach to most "exotic" foods...

Make it cheaper, make it blander, make it bigger.

There are some shocking kebabs in East Anglia. One kebaby I went to in Norwich didn't have chilli or garlic sauce- but they did offer me burger sauce, mayo or ketchup to go with it as if that's normal.

This country.

German kebabs on the other hand...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:02 - Sep 12 with 691 viewsChurchman

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 10:50 - Sep 12 by Lesta_Tractor

The wife has PB on toast for breakfast at the weekend, she always leaves me the last scrapings in the jar to spoon out... now that's love.

Er indoors likes it too but I can’t bear the smell of it even. Just about any other stuff, like crustaceans, that I really don’t like I can eat, but not peanut butter. It’s utterly ghastly.
Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:03 - Sep 12 with 691 viewsJ2BLUE

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 01:08 - Sep 12 by IPS_wich

I'll love most food with only a very small number of exceptions - raw tomato (everything about it) and Bananas (the smell means I can't even get it close to my mouth) - but a few people have said those.

For me the one thing that everyone seems to like that I can't get my head around is McDonalds. It's not a snobbery thing, I love Burger King, KFC and Subway - but pretty much everything on the McDonalds menu takes something I ordinarily love and turns it into sh1te:

- Chips, love em, but McDonalds are far far too salty
- Burger, love em, but McDonalds are flavourless and the mustard, ketchup, gherkin, onion combo is rancid (and I like all four ingredients separately); plus the buns are soggy rubbish
- Chicken nuggets, how do you get a chicken nugget so wrong???
- Thick shakes, undrinkable gloop

Why would anyone go to a McDonalds when there are so many better alternatives!!

McDonalds destroy their rivals in terms of menu and quality. They have really improved with free range pork, eggs and organic milk etc.

KFC and Subway are just slop. How KFC is as popular as it is I have no idea.

Burger King is overpriced garbage as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:06 - Sep 12 with 686 viewsfooters

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:03 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

McDonalds destroy their rivals in terms of menu and quality. They have really improved with free range pork, eggs and organic milk etc.

How much in backhanders are you getting from Grimace and the Hamburglar to say that? Old Ronald is too savvy to do the bribing himself. The shoes are a dead giveaway for one.

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:16 - Sep 12 with 673 viewsJ2BLUE

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:06 - Sep 12 by footers

How much in backhanders are you getting from Grimace and the Hamburglar to say that? Old Ronald is too savvy to do the bribing himself. The shoes are a dead giveaway for one.

47 completed loyalty cards for a free latte.

Truly impaired.

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:19 - Sep 12 with 665 viewsDanTheMan

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 23:55 - Sep 11 by StochesStotasBlewe

Gyros. Food of the Greek gods.

Custard,awful stuff.
Celery,
Christmas pudding/fruit cake.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 7:17]

Place near me in Beeston that does Gyros on a Saturday on collection. Absolutely delicious.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:19 - Sep 12 with 665 viewsChurchman

I did a first aid course with a McDonalds manager some years ago. He told me how it worked and from what he said the standards they work to are extremely high. Certainly better than KFC and Burger King.

I actually don’t mind McDonalds. It is what it is and it has a place.
Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:21 - Sep 12 with 658 viewswkj

KFC is a bit of an enigma, some stores serve great (for fast food standards) food, and others are atrocious. Its been a while since I have had KFC in Ipswich, but i always remember the one on St Augustine's roundabout to be really nice, yet the one at Cardinal Park to be rank
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 11:22]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:21 - Sep 12 with 660 viewsitfcjoe

Olives, that's about the only thing I can't stomach.

The taste, the texture, everything about them - and my Mum's family are Cypriot so should be a staple of my diet.

Drinks wise - coffee is absolutely vile, and Tea not much better.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:24 - Sep 12 with 646 viewsLesta_Tractor

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:19 - Sep 12 by Churchman

I did a first aid course with a McDonalds manager some years ago. He told me how it worked and from what he said the standards they work to are extremely high. Certainly better than KFC and Burger King.

I actually don’t mind McDonalds. It is what it is and it has a place.

I avoid chains as much as possible, especially the fast-food variety but...

I did find that eating a Maccas would bung me up if I had got the sh*ts while backpacking around Asia.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 11:24]

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:25 - Sep 12 with 640 viewsGeoffSentence

I don't go to chain fast food places normally, but we stopped off at the BK in Telford Services on the way to Wales the other week. Maybe it was because it was a branch at a road side services but I could not believe how expensive it was. 'Large' fries were £2.40, and there was barely any of the teeny tiny srawny things. We could a family serving of proper chips for that price from our local chip van.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:26 - Sep 12 with 634 viewsLesta_Tractor

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:25 - Sep 12 by GeoffSentence

I don't go to chain fast food places normally, but we stopped off at the BK in Telford Services on the way to Wales the other week. Maybe it was because it was a branch at a road side services but I could not believe how expensive it was. 'Large' fries were £2.40, and there was barely any of the teeny tiny srawny things. We could a family serving of proper chips for that price from our local chip van.

barely any fries and I bet it was still 600kcal+ a portion...

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:30 - Sep 12 with 612 viewsJ2BLUE

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:21 - Sep 12 by itfcjoe

Olives, that's about the only thing I can't stomach.

The taste, the texture, everything about them - and my Mum's family are Cypriot so should be a staple of my diet.

Drinks wise - coffee is absolutely vile, and Tea not much better.

I only started drinking coffee a few years ago. Started with a Costa latte. Now on flat whites.

Love my daily coffee now.

As for your comments about tea, the most civilised drink in the world, I am simply disgusted.

Truly impaired.

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:32 - Sep 12 with 606 viewsjeera

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:30 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

I only started drinking coffee a few years ago. Started with a Costa latte. Now on flat whites.

Love my daily coffee now.

As for your comments about tea, the most civilised drink in the world, I am simply disgusted.

I think I've got my tea habit under control at around 10 cups per day.

I have the odd coffee, but tea is king here.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:33 - Sep 12 with 605 viewsfooters

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:16 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

Do you mean you have 47 completed loyalty cards for 47 lattes, or that you need 47 completed loyalty cards just for one latte? If it's the latte(r) then they've set the bar extraordinarily high.

Always been a Wimpy man myself. Think the one in Lowestoft is still going. Can't beat a all-pork bender served on a plate by an efficient waitron.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 11:35]

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:35 - Sep 12 with 596 viewsJ2BLUE

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:33 - Sep 12 by footers

Do you mean you have 47 completed loyalty cards for 47 lattes, or that you need 47 completed loyalty cards just for one latte? If it's the latte(r) then they've set the bar extraordinarily high.

Always been a Wimpy man myself. Think the one in Lowestoft is still going. Can't beat a all-pork bender served on a plate by an efficient waitron.

That's what Ronald sent his boys round with to bribe me.

Truly impaired.

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:35 - Sep 12 with 596 viewswkj

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:33 - Sep 12 by footers

I think I saw the waitresses of wimpy on POF once, nice to see people discovering what a job is in Lowestoft.

Crybaby

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:35 - Sep 12 with 595 viewsKieran_Knows

Cheese.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:35 - Sep 12 with 591 viewsfooters

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:35 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

That's what Ronald sent his boys round with to bribe me.

WHICH ONE.

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:36 - Sep 12 with 581 viewswkj

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:35 - Sep 12 by Kieran_Knows

Cheese.

You wont win

Crybaby

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:37 - Sep 12 with 577 viewsfooters

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:35 - Sep 12 by wkj

I think I saw the waitresses of wimpy on POF once, nice to see people discovering what a job is in Lowestoft.

Please use the gender-neutral term waitron when discussing Wimpy staff.

People who rag on Lowestoft are just envious of our beautiful town.

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:39 - Sep 12 with 562 viewswkj

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:37 - Sep 12 by footers

Please use the gender-neutral term waitron when discussing Wimpy staff.

People who rag on Lowestoft are just envious of our beautiful town.

Maybe so, but they're not envious of the size of the queue for Job Center Plus

Crybaby

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 12:08 - Sep 12 with 528 viewsSikamikanico

Foods you don't like that everyone else seems to... on 11:16 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

The coffee is the only reason I ever go into a McDonald's sober
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024