Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... 18:42 - Sep 11 with 4862 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....horrible f@cking thing!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 18:49 - Sep 11 with 3319 viewsEireannach_gorm

Thought they were invisible.
B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 18:54 - Sep 11 with 3299 viewsjaykay

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 18:49 - Sep 11 by Eireannach_gorm

they are like leprechauns, they are only visible to believers

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:00 - Sep 11 with 3275 viewsSitfcB

Hi Benters

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:17 - Sep 11 with 3222 viewsMrTown

Saw the thing as well.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:20 - Sep 11 with 3216 viewsGuthrum

I've always thought they looked quite graceful from below. It's side-on, when you can see the hump, that it looks more ungainly.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:23 - Sep 11 with 3208 viewsmidastouch

Filmed recently:

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:30 - Sep 11 with 3168 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:20 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

I've always thought they looked quite graceful from below. It's side-on, when you can see the hump, that it looks more ungainly.

Just plain sinister.....it does have a ridiculously narrow profile once it has passed you though. I may have given it the finger....it did not hang around.

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:31 - Sep 11 with 3163 viewsGuthrum

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 18:49 - Sep 11 by Eireannach_gorm

Only when the cloaking device is turned on.

Login to get fewer ads

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:36 - Sep 11 with 3146 viewsGuthrum

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:30 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just plain sinister.....it does have a ridiculously narrow profile once it has passed you though. I may have given it the finger....it did not hang around.

Sinister only in the same sense as all military aircraft - being for the purpose of killing.

Wanted to be an aeronautical engineer in my teens, but flunked A-level Maths.

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:46 - Sep 11 with 3113 viewsBLUEBEAT

Brother caught it on video:

https://imgur.com/a/Y9MMKDN

Poll: W or W

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:53 - Sep 11 with 3079 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:36 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

Sinister only in the same sense as all military aircraft - being for the purpose of killing.

Wanted to be an aeronautical engineer in my teens, but flunked A-level Maths.

I think the Americans and Russians now have nuclear capable missiles that can outrun any missile trying to shoot them down......sinister!

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:54 - Sep 11 with 3069 viewsWD19

Do you live in Iran? If not, I wouldn’t worry too much.
B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:54 - Sep 11 with 3070 viewsBlueNomad

Where did you see it? (And don’t say the sky!)
B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:56 - Sep 11 with 3063 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:54 - Sep 11 by BlueNomad

Where did you see it? (And don’t say the sky!)

Between Saxmundham and Framlingham.....really low too.

Edit....so low in fact that it was tunnelling under the road!
[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 21:01]

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 20:08 - Sep 11 with 3022 viewsGuthrum

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:53 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think the Americans and Russians now have nuclear capable missiles that can outrun any missile trying to shoot them down......sinister!

Not yet. The US gave up in the '50s and the Russian prototype exploded.

Nuclear powered missiles work on endurance, not speed. The idea is they can lurk for a very long period, then perhaps come in from an unexpected direction. For a high-speed, hard to intercept attack, you still can't beat the old ICBM. Anything atmospheric is, of necessity, limited (friction = heat).

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 20:11 - Sep 11 with 3006 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 20:08 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

Nuclear powered missiles work on endurance, not speed. The idea is they can lurk for a very long period, then perhaps come in from an unexpected direction. For a high-speed, hard to intercept attack, you still can't beat the old ICBM. Anything atmospheric is, of necessity, limited (friction = heat).

https://www.defenceiq.com/defence-technology/news/hypersonic-missiles-what-are-t

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 20:17 - Sep 11 with 2993 viewsEireannach_gorm

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 19:31 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

Only when the cloaking device is turned on.

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 20:26 - Sep 11 with 2956 viewsGuthrum

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 20:11 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

https://www.defenceiq.com/defence-technology/news/hypersonic-missiles-what-are-t

ICBMs arrive at hypersonic speeds.

A hypersonic missile which flies within the atmosphere is pointless. It requires an enormous amount of power to reach and cruise at that speed against air resistance (and wave drag). Then you have the problem of friction heating and the need for special materials. The heat makes them relatively easy to detect. A Mach 5 missile is not that hard to intercept, certainly compared with a maneuvering, decoy-assisted ICBM re-entry body travelling four times that speed.

It's far easier and more efficient to lob the entire package out of the atmosphere and let ballistics take care of the rest.

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:25 - Sep 11 with 2592 viewsStokieBlue

In what way is it horrible?

It's a marvel of science that you should stand, watch and appreciate.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:27 - Sep 11 with 2586 viewsStokieBlue

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 20:08 - Sep 11 by Guthrum

This isn't a new idea. Both the Russians and the US experimented with nuclear planes in the 60s which would be able to fly for weeks.

There are various issues with the engines. Happy to go into details but it's late and I doubt anyone cares.

SB

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:39 - Sep 11 with 2560 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:27 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

This isn't a new idea. Both the Russians and the US experimented with nuclear planes in the 60s which would be able to fly for weeks.

There are various issues with the engines. Happy to go into details but it's late and I doubt anyone cares.

SB

I knew that down vote would be you Stokie....you and your big boy's toys!

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:39 - Sep 11 with 2558 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:25 - Sep 11 by StokieBlue

In what way is it horrible?

It's a marvel of science that you should stand, watch and appreciate.

SB

It kills people?!

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:46 - Sep 11 with 2548 viewsStokieBlue

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:39 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

It kills people?!

You are of course right that it's a tool to wage war but hopefully given its design it does it now accurately with the least killing of people.

I think it's still possible to look at it as a scientific achievement though.

SB
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 6:55]

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:47 - Sep 11 with 2545 viewsStokieBlue

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 23:39 - Sep 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

I knew that down vote would be you Stokie....you and your big boy's toys!

It's history - something I thought you would like.

Happy to discuss it rationally if you like! Maybe not tonight though.

SB

B2 Stealth bomber just flew over the house... on 00:34 - Sep 12 with 2507 viewsBlueBadger

Can't be that good at its job if you've seen it.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 8:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024