Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? 13:07 - Sep 12 with 1663 viewsBigManBlue

Going with my old man this weekend so can't just fill up on liquid bread as per usual - he wants something to eat beforehand and I haven't actually eaten in the town for yonks. Any recommendations for somewhere that does a half-decent meal near the station? Don't mind a fair walk, anywhere within about 20 minutes is good!

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 13:14 - Sep 12 with 1636 viewsJakeITFC

Mizu - town centre, excellent value noodles and rice dishes, and you won’t be kept waiting for long.
Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 13:39 - Sep 12 with 1579 viewsflimflam

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 13:14 - Sep 12 by JakeITFC

Mizu - town centre, excellent value noodles and rice dishes, and you won’t be kept waiting for long.

People might turn their noses up but I often go in the Plough for grub and take in the lunchtime game.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 13:44 - Sep 12 with 1544 viewsBigManBlue

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 13:39 - Sep 12 by flimflam

People might turn their noses up but I often go in the Plough for grub and take in the lunchtime game.

Cheers mate, that actually looks ideal for us.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 13:47 - Sep 12 with 1531 viewskizaitfc

Three Wise Monkeys food is very good, not the cheapest but good quality beer and food

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 13:58 - Sep 12 with 1496 viewsSuperfrans

Nothing en route from the station to ground tbh. But I'd vouch for the Nelson or the Greyhound.

https://thenelsonipswich.co.uk/
http://thegreyhoundipswich.co.uk/

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 14:11 - Sep 12 with 1464 viewsflimflam

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 13:58 - Sep 12 by Superfrans

Nothing en route from the station to ground tbh. But I'd vouch for the Nelson or the Greyhound.

https://thenelsonipswich.co.uk/
http://thegreyhoundipswich.co.uk/

Second Lord Nelson

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 20:36 - Sep 12 with 1337 viewsTractorgirlforever

The mermaid, best carvery in town, only 5 minute walk to the ground
Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 21:27 - Sep 12 with 1287 viewsColin_Viljoen

Punch & Judy close to station, do a good steak or griddle & they have the footie on.
Beers ok if you don't mind plastic glasses.
Login to get fewer ads

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 11:18 - Sep 13 with 1147 viewsSoleBayBlue

Greyhound. Should keep you both happy, good beer selection and food is good, easy walk down to the ground too. It does get fairly busy though.
Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 11:25 - Sep 13 with 1123 viewsartsbossbeard

Somewhere to grab a cheap lunch near the ground? on 20:36 - Sep 12 by Tractorgirlforever

The mermaid, best carvery in town, only 5 minute walk to the ground

You've obviously not had the pleasure of a Belstead Arms Sunday roast.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024