Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This year's home shirt 14:44 - Sep 12 with 3222 viewsThatMuhrenCross

Is it one of the best this club has ever had? I'm a big fan of it.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

This year's home shirt on 14:53 - Sep 12 with 3176 viewsJackSted

Joe didn't think too much of it tbh

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

This year's home shirt on 14:59 - Sep 12 with 3152 viewsWD19

Practically everything from 1936-1981 was better.

But yes, its definitely in the top 60-70%
This year's home shirt on 15:19 - Sep 12 with 3108 viewsThatMuhrenCross

This year's home shirt on 14:59 - Sep 12 by WD19

Up until about then, wasn't it just a blue shirt?!

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

This year's home shirt on 18:38 - Sep 12 with 2945 viewsThe_Last_Baron

SInce 2001 Town have generally had poor kits with a couple of exceptions. Before that they were excellent, even the tie-dyed kit had charm.

This season's is good, if we go up it'll be remembered as a bit of a classic. I still think the first two kits we had since adidas returned to Town were better though. Last season's was terrible.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

This year's home shirt on 18:39 - Sep 12 with 2938 viewsSpruceMoose

This year's home shirt on 18:38 - Sep 12 by The_Last_Baron

SInce 2001 Town have generally had poor kits with a couple of exceptions. Before that they were excellent, even the tie-dyed kit had charm.

This season's is good, if we go up it'll be remembered as a bit of a classic. I still think the first two kits we had since adidas returned to Town were better though. Last season's was terrible.

Hows that 1st November party prep going ?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This year's home shirt on 18:49 - Sep 12 with 2930 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

in a word no

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

This year's home shirt on 18:49 - Sep 12 with 2930 viewsParisBlue

I still put our relegation in 2002 being due to the shirt being the wrong shade of blue.

We had decent shirts in 91/92 and 99/00. 14/15 was the best in recent history.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

This year's home shirt on 19:07 - Sep 12 with 2908 viewsJon_456

This year's home shirt on 18:49 - Sep 12 by ParisBlue

I still put our relegation in 2002 being due to the shirt being the wrong shade of blue.

Where does that put last years?!
Login to get fewer ads

This year's home shirt on 23:54 - Sep 12 with 2793 viewsshouldistayorcounago

In my opinion, it's alright - not that keen on the chevrons and would much prefer us to have gone with a pinstripe pattern. Personally think we've had much better but by the same token, much worse.
This year's home shirt on 03:11 - Sep 13 with 2734 viewsbackinbeige

It's a fantastic shirt, I'm a big fan, just a shame about the sponsor

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

This year's home shirt on 07:39 - Sep 13 with 2666 viewsBlueBoots

This year's home shirt on 14:59 - Sep 12 by WD19

1936-1984 (FTFY)

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

This year's home shirt on 08:52 - Sep 13 with 2609 viewsitfcjoe

This year's home shirt on 18:49 - Sep 12 by ParisBlue

I think anyone with a brain could have predicted relegation when they saw last years shirt, like the TXU Energi one it just wasn't right.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This year's home shirt on 08:56 - Sep 13 with 2601 viewsSuperfrans

This year's home shirt on 07:39 - Sep 13 by BlueBoots

1936-1984 (FTFY)

The greatest of all time.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

This year's home shirt on 13:20 - Sep 13 with 2476 viewsActionMan

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSNIA-AND-HERZEGOVINA-2014-2015-HOME-FOOTBALL-SHIRT-

Those 2014-15 kits were just Bosnia's kit's though with our badge slapped on. This seasons is just a slightly changed 2017-18 shirt, as is the away a rehash of an older one. Post 2001 the home shirt from 2003-05 was a goodun, basically a more modern version of the 1999-2001 concept.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ipswich-Town-ENGLAND-2003-2004-2005-home-FOOTBALL-SHI

When we switched from making our own to changing every year templates from Mitre and Adidas the designs got bland. When your changing so often theres only so much you can do, thats why as they say, less is more.
This year's home shirt on 13:22 - Sep 13 with 2469 viewsActionMan

This year's home shirt on 08:52 - Sep 13 by itfcjoe

I think anyone with a brain could have predicted relegation when they saw last years shirt, like the TXU Energi one it just wasn't right.

People loved it at the time though it won a poll to be made and everything, although was probably the worse option on the list so that ones our fault. I wondered why we voted for a sky blue kit ...
This year's home shirt on 13:49 - Sep 13 with 2440 viewsSuperfrans

This year's home shirt on 13:20 - Sep 13 by ActionMan

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSNIA-AND-HERZEGOVINA-2014-2015-HOME-FOOTBALL-SHIRT-

Those 2014-15 kits were just Bosnia's kit's though with our badge slapped on. This seasons is just a slightly changed 2017-18 shirt, as is the away a rehash of an older one. Post 2001 the home shirt from 2003-05 was a goodun, basically a more modern version of the 1999-2001 concept.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ipswich-Town-ENGLAND-2003-2004-2005-home-FOOTBALL-SHI

When we switched from making our own to changing every year templates from Mitre and Adidas the designs got bland. When your changing so often theres only so much you can do, thats why as they say, less is more.

When you work with a big brand like Adidas, you tend to lose out in terms of uniqueness. You tend to get their template designs.

But on the flipside, the finish and design quality is generally much better.

The exception (on the design front) was last season's absolutely disgusting effort. The worst kit we've ever had imho. Kids pyjamas...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

This year's home shirt on 14:31 - Sep 13 with 2388 viewsArthur_Hayes

This year's home shirt on 07:39 - Sep 13 by BlueBoots

1936-1984 (FTFY)

That top, and this, are the greatest ever...

This year's home shirt on 16:50 - Sep 13 with 2299 viewsActionMan

This year's home shirt on 13:49 - Sep 13 by Superfrans

When you work with a big brand like Adidas, you tend to lose out in terms of uniqueness. You tend to get their template designs.

But on the flipside, the finish and design quality is generally much better.

The exception (on the design front) was last season's absolutely disgusting effort. The worst kit we've ever had imho. Kids pyjamas...

I don't think last seasons was that bad it just like all the template kits, not great either. The original Barca away gor crucified but the rehash one is popular ... if only the club centralised the badges with those ones, they wouldn't look half as silly.
This year's home shirt on 17:58 - Sep 13 with 2257 viewsSteve_D

This year's home shirt on 16:50 - Sep 13 by ActionMan

I don't think last seasons was that bad it just like all the template kits, not great either. The original Barca away gor crucified but the rehash one is popular ... if only the club centralised the badges with those ones, they wouldn't look half as silly.

Still think the black away kit was the best
This year's home shirt on 17:59 - Sep 13 with 2250 viewswkj

This year's home shirt on 17:58 - Sep 13 by Steve_D

Still think the black away kit was the best

Steve_D, Who would win in a fight, you or Steve M

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This year's home shirt on 18:40 - Sep 13 with 2225 viewsSteve_D

This year's home shirt on 17:59 - Sep 13 by wkj

Steve_D, Who would win in a fight, you or Steve M

Right now I have sciatic nerve damage with a possible blood clot so pretty sure Steve M has the upper hand
This year's home shirt on 18:43 - Sep 13 with 2217 viewswkj

This year's home shirt on 18:40 - Sep 13 by Steve_D

Right now I have sciatic nerve damage with a possible blood clot so pretty sure Steve M has the upper hand

Sorry to be insensitive, on those grounds we'll give you a bye into the next round.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This year's home shirt on 20:32 - Sep 13 with 2153 viewsbritbiker

This year's home shirt on 08:56 - Sep 13 by Superfrans

The greatest of all time.

Really liked the white version of this with the black shorts. Assuming it was the away kit in the same season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024