Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses 19:02 - Sep 12 with 9422 viewswkj

I have recently had a hard time driving as my ol' oculars are a bit sensitive to the old Sun bouncing off of the fields around the estate. I decided I would get some wrap around sunnies as I thought they looked practical and stylish. When I got home the other day, Mrs WKJ to be baulked and said, get those off of your head, you look like an utter tw** (more so than usual apparently)

Are wrap around sunglasses really that big of a deal, do they really make you look like a tw**. If so, what are my alternatives?
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 19:03]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Men's fashion dilemma on 19:04 - Sep 12 with 4671 viewsSpruceMoose

I've never met a man wearing wrap around sunglasses who wasn't either a plonker or a bellend.

But... you may be able to pull them off if you're balancing them out with those Jesus sandals you rock around in.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:12 - Sep 12 with 4642 viewsBlue_Order

Think I’d rather crash the car, to be honest.
Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:12 - Sep 12 with 4635 viewsSpruceMoose

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:12 - Sep 12 by Blue_Order

This.

You know what I mean though when I say there's a certain type of bloke who wears them?
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 19:13]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:13 - Sep 12 with 4625 viewsFenoit

They're fairly 90s/00s with regards to style... unless you're going for the US tourist vibe?

In all honesty, as someone who has to wear sunglasses on the dullest of days, it really depends on what suits and fits the best.

Can't really go wrong with a pair of wayfarers, though these days, I'm not even sure if they're particularly "cool".
Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:17 - Sep 12 with 4611 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:13 - Sep 12 by Fenoit

They're fairly 90s/00s with regards to style... unless you're going for the US tourist vibe?

In all honesty, as someone who has to wear sunglasses on the dullest of days, it really depends on what suits and fits the best.

Can't really go wrong with a pair of wayfarers, though these days, I'm not even sure if they're particularly "cool".

I had a pair of wayfarers, but they seem better suited on a man with excellent facial hair, sadly, I can not grow such mainly hairs without looking like I chinned a perm

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:19 - Sep 12 with 4604 viewsGrandadDel

The worst sun glasses are those stupid ones I see cyclists on lycra wearing..... Muppets
Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:19 - Sep 12 with 4603 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:12 - Sep 12 by Blue_Order

I would up vote that comment if not for the fact that I may have done both very recently.

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:20 - Sep 12 with 4601 viewsNotMarcusEvans

Nah not for me. They look like a cross between welding glasses and reactions lens normal glasses.

Stick with a normal pair.
Login to get fewer ads

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:21 - Sep 12 with 4594 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:20 - Sep 12 by NotMarcusEvans

Nah not for me. They look like a cross between welding glasses and reactions lens normal glasses.

Stick with a normal pair.

I can see by your avatar that you are a man who knows about fashionable glassers.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2019 19:22]

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 19:28 - Sep 12 with 4574 viewsTexaco73

Nothing wrong with wrap around glasses. Practical. Helps to keep dirt and dust out as well as providing better UV protection. IMO
If you base your glasses choice only on fashion, then that is the road to being a bellend.
It's not to say bellends don't wear wrap arounds, but same can be said of "aviators" e.t.c.
Wear what works.
Men's fashion dilemma on 19:29 - Sep 12 with 4569 viewsPinewoodblue

Men's fashion dilemma on 19:04 - Sep 12 by SpruceMoose

I've never met a man wearing wrap around sunglasses who wasn't either a plonker or a bellend.

But... you may be able to pull them off if you're balancing them out with those Jesus sandals you rock around in.

Depends if he wears socks.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Men's fashion dilemma on 19:31 - Sep 12 with 4560 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma on 19:29 - Sep 12 by Pinewoodblue

Depends if he wears socks.

Why wouldn't I wear socks, Im not getting blisters.

Also Texaco, thank you, you warm my heart.

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma on 19:45 - Sep 12 with 4534 viewsSpruceMoose

Men's fashion dilemma on 19:31 - Sep 12 by wkj

Why wouldn't I wear socks, Im not getting blisters.

Also Texaco, thank you, you warm my heart.

On second thoughts, get the glasses. They'd suit you.

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:05 - Sep 12 with 4517 viewsfabian_illness

Yep, they really do look a bastard.
My neighbour has some, to go with his Bluetooth ear piece and crocs with socks. He drives a boxster too. What a cock.
Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:06 - Sep 12 with 4511 viewsSpruceMoose

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:05 - Sep 12 by fabian_illness

My neighbour has some, to go with his Bluetooth ear piece and crocs with socks. He drives a boxster too. What a cock.

We all know that bloke. Probably on his local PTA even though his kids left school years ago.

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:06 - Sep 12 with 4511 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:05 - Sep 12 by fabian_illness

I feel the board is missing out because of your part time posting, please work on this Mr Illness

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:19 - Sep 12 with 4482 viewspbishop1799

Buy a pair of fake Aviators from Home Bargains. Only a few pounds.

If you get some of those Oakley ‘wraparounds’, people will hate you. And rightly.
Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:21 - Sep 12 with 4474 viewsNthQldITFC

I wear them, and I'm a tvvat.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:21 - Sep 12 with 4473 viewsSpruceMoose

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:19 - Sep 12 by pbishop1799

Buy a pair of fake Aviators from Home Bargains. Only a few pounds.

If you get some of those Oakley ‘wraparounds’, people will hate you. And rightly.

I make you right.

They are worn by the kind of man who plays squash and gets competitive about it.

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:24 - Sep 12 with 4465 viewsjaykay

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:25 - Sep 12 with 4458 viewsSpruceMoose

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:24 - Sep 12 by jaykay

100% nailed on the type to read planning notices and write actual letters to his local paper.

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:26 - Sep 12 with 4458 viewswkj

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:24 - Sep 12 by jaykay

Goodness, Phil gets about

Crybaby

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:55 - Sep 12 with 4418 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 20:21 - Sep 12 by SpruceMoose

I make you right.

They are worn by the kind of man who plays squash and gets competitive about it.

And when it's his 5 year old's school sports day he takes running shoes for the dads race.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 22:50 - Sep 12 with 4334 viewsEwan_Oozami

Can't beat 70s style, thick black plastic framed Polaroids.

Wrap arounds should only be worn whilst sailing, or fielding at cover point.

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Men's fashion dilemma - Wrap around sunglasses on 03:25 - Sep 13 with 4255 viewsbackinbeige

Wraparounds are for people who have decided that mountaineering clothes (North Face, Mountain Warehouse) are the height of fashion and call mountain biking an extreme sport because they're trying to convince everyone it's cool.

The shape of the glasses the suit you depends on the shape of your head:
https://www.coastal.com/thelook/glasses-for-face-shape/

Appreciate the example in that site is spectacles but you get the idea. It's not about what facial hair you do/don't have, it's your face shape. Long/round/square/angular chin/angular cheekbones/etc etc etc are matched with big/small/wide/round/square sunglasses.

Having said that:
1. You can't go wrong with the three classic Ray Ban designs- Wayfarer, Clubmaster (surprised no one said that yet) and Aviator.
2. Wraparounds are a step up from glasses on a cord.

RVRB: https://app.rvrb.one/channels/have-guitar-will-listen - Listen to music when WFH, set your own music to DJ and find new recommendations from others

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024